Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Last Place team has TWO (2) MNF Games this year.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 15, 2009, 11:15:49 AM

We don't have star players? Says who? Who are Ward, Winslow, and Bryant?
Please.

K2 is it in that group.

The rest of them are not stars by any means.  

Bryant is worthy, but he is hardly a household name.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#31 : April 15, 2009, 11:17:40 AM

We don't have star players? Says who? Who are Ward, Winslow, and Bryant?

They are not stars, they may be our best players, but they are not stars, Winslow is not media friendly and is known for doing stupid things and being injured., Ward??? Come on Dunn had more juice than him, and Bryant, are you kidding? he just happens to be the best WR on a team full of sorry WR's in an offense that over the last few years was a 1 WR offense.  He is a good player, but not the fastest, not the strongest, not the best hands, not the best blocker, he is a jack of all trades, does everything good, nothing great.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 15, 2009, 11:18:23 AM

Did you just say Dunn had more juice than Ward last year? LOL

original

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 15, 2009, 11:20:50 AM

I prefer 1:00 games.  With a two hour travel to get home, late games and even worse night games are a bear the next day.

#34 : April 15, 2009, 11:28:10 AM

there is NO reason why teams like Minnesota, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Carolina, San Diego, Tennessee, should be MORE popular than the Bucs are nationally.   Our city rivials their cities in size.  I think the Tampa Bay area is jsut as marketable as the cities those teams play in.    

The reason those teams get more prime time games and have a bigger fan base than the Bucs is becase they have more popular players on those teams.  I dont understand why the ownership doesnt see the potential income with investing in well known players.    

Who sells more jerseys, Peyton Manning, Ladanlian Tomlinson, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Steve Smith   or   Ruud, Barber, and Griese?  Its economics 101.  Supply and demand.   The problem is, we have no supply, so there is no demand for the Bucs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 15, 2009, 11:32:37 AM

there is NO reason why teams like Minnesota, New Orleans, Indianapolis, Carolina, San Diego, Tennessee, should be MORE popular than the Bucs are nationally.   Our city rivials their cities in size.  I think the Tampa Bay area is jsut as marketable as the cities those teams play in.    

The reason those teams get more prime time games and have a bigger fan base than the Bucs is becase they have more popular players on those teams.  I dont understand why the ownership doesnt see the potential income with investing in well known players.    

Who sells more jerseys, Peyton Manning, Ladanlian Tomlinson, Drew Brees, Adrian Peterson, Steve Smith   or   Ruud, Barber, and Griese?  Its economics 101.  Supply and demand.   The problem is, we have no supply, so there is no demand for the Bucs.
It's fantasy football. That's the only reason fans in other cities have to care about players on other teams. By the ends of different seasons the Bucs have ended up with some decent fantasy football players, but they pretty much have never had some player everyone is talking about before the season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 15, 2009, 11:33:34 AM

All 1pm games sucks. Less time to tailgate and the heat is brutal in Sept/Oct.

The Bucs are obviously one of the least marketable teams in the league right now.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 15, 2009, 11:34:18 AM

Dunn had more juice than Ward last year

True, but he didn't have the gaping holes to run through that Ward had.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 15, 2009, 11:35:23 AM

All 1pm games sucks.

To me, the all 1 PM games are fantastic. I'm pumped about this home schedule (with the exception of the "home" game in London).

Booker

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 15, 2009, 11:35:31 AM

There is a lot of reasons why those team are more popular. Their coaches and GMs know how to draft talent thus build talent. Unlike what we had here the least 7 years

Madman

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 15, 2009, 11:42:39 AM

All 1pm games sucks.

To me, the all 1 PM games are fantastic. I'm pumped about this home schedule (with the exception of the "home" game in London).

Yeah a schedule of 1pm games and being snubbed by the national media is fantastic!!

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#41 : April 15, 2009, 11:44:49 AM

i see alot of typing but all i'm hearing is a bunch of whinning!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 15, 2009, 11:46:28 AM

Yep. Primetime games don't mean Super Bowl and mean nothing to anyone.

#43 : April 15, 2009, 11:46:42 AM

1pm games suck.   you gotta rush out the door by 9-10am if you want to tailgate, you get sun burnt every game, its hot and miserable so all the indoor concessions are so crowded, you cant even walk or relax in them.  I agree, it might be an advantage for our team when we play teams from up north or in domes, but as a fan, there is no benefit to 1pm games

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#44 : April 15, 2009, 11:51:33 AM

1pm games suck.   you gotta rush out the door by 9-10am if you want to tailgate, you get sun burnt every game, its hot and miserable so all the indoor concessions are so crowded, you cant even walk or relax in them.  I agree, it might be an advantage for our team when we play teams from up north or in domes, but as a fan, there is no benefit to 1pm games

Here are some tips to help you with your ever so difficult challenge.

1. Wake up a lil earlier so you don't have to rush
2. Bring sunscreen, preferable SPF 30 or above
3. Wear light colored clothes as too not get so hot. (you live in FL you should be use to the heat)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A Last Place team has TWO (2) MNF Games this year.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools