Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Dungy hating? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 31, 2007, 06:02:22 PM

Lovie is family!! Same goes for him Rod, Tomlin ect.. We root for em cause they did the franchise right!
Do you still cheer for Rich McKay?

He quit on the team so no!

#16 : January 31, 2007, 06:03:03 PM

How about Mike Shula? Or Hugh Culverhouse? Sam Wyche? Shaun King?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 31, 2007, 06:13:59 PM

The Glazers made this team into a winner just as much as Dungy did. I'll go a step further and say that Dungy's defensive coaches had MORE to do with this defense being great than HE did. Proof? Look where they all are now.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 31, 2007, 06:20:03 PM

That's a terrible analogy.  Dungy was our head coach...he hired Lovie and Shula, etc.  Sure, I wouldn't mind if the Bears won because of Lovie (this is win-win).  Sure, I would cheer for Wyche.  Shula's pushing it.  You see the more impact a coach or player had on this team, the more I would cheer for them after they leave.  For instance, I still cheer for John Lynch but couldn't care less what Rob Johnson ever does.  UNLESS those players/coaches/staff left on bad terms (see Keyshawn).

To look down on someone for pulling for their former head coach is rediculous.  I wish Dungy all the best...and since the best would be winning the Super Bowl, that is what I wish.

vipmark

Starter
#19 : January 31, 2007, 06:22:03 PM

I'm with ABuccs, rj and KrAzy. If they're not wearing Red and Pewter then they're not family. If I have to choose, I choose Lovie because he had to accomplish so much more to get to the SB.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#20 : January 31, 2007, 06:22:23 PM

That's a terrible analogy.  Dungy was our head coach...he hired Lovie and Shula, etc.  Sure, I wouldn't mind if the Bears won because of Lovie (this is win-win).  Sure, I would cheer for Wyche.  Shula's pushing it.  You see the more impact a coach or player had on this team, the more I would cheer for them after they leave.  For instance, I still cheer for John Lynch but couldn't care less what Rob Johnson ever does.  UNLESS those players/coaches/staff left on bad terms (see Keyshawn).

To look down on someone for pulling for their former head coach is rediculous.  I wish Dungy all the best...and since the best would be winning the Super Bowl, that is what I wish.
So what you're telling us it's your right to pick and choose who you still like and root for? But you're questioning everyone as to why they don't still like others?

#21 : January 31, 2007, 06:25:41 PM

I can tell you why for me at least...I like Dungy more than Lovie...plus I hate the Bears.  Simple as that. 

What he said.

As for those sick of hearing/talkin about Dungy, why open a thread when the title CLEARLY tells you that it involves Tony? Its like those that supposedly hate Deumig so much... yet continue to listen. I just don't get it.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#22 : January 31, 2007, 06:28:27 PM

I refuse to root for the Bears EVER. To long time Buc fans the Bears are still a rival. Its just like rooting for the Falcons or the Panthers, it's a big no-no.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 31, 2007, 06:28:39 PM

You guys are Wrong.. This is what comes with winning.. Our winning coaches GREAT coaches (only 2 now) should always be remembered.. A win for them (even with another organization ) is a win for us. We should root for them unless its against us. Losing coaches.. I say F$#@ em. But guys like Dungy who didnt quit this team and set the expectation which exists now are Buccaneer GODS.  Buccaneers forever baby!!! Support the family!

Dude we cant be "wrong" opinions cannot be Wrong, that is why they are Opinions, you can dislike the opinion all you want, disagree with it as well, but it cannot be wrong.

Now when start a thread called "Why the Dungy Hating?" and someone gives you an answer, then you call them wrong, you look like a dumbass.... you asked a ? and got an answer.

$$$

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : January 31, 2007, 06:29:57 PM

I can tell you why for me at least...I like Dungy more than Lovie...plus I hate the Bears.  Simple as that. 

What he said.

As for those sick of hearing/talkin about Dungy, why open a thread when the title CLEARLY tells you that it involves Tony? Its like those that supposedly hate Deumig so much... yet continue to listen. I just don't get it.
We still have to read his name in the title, even if we don't open it. I guess your next advice would be for us not to visit PewterReport if we don't want to see Dungy's name?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : January 31, 2007, 06:30:37 PM

You guys are Wrong.. This is what comes with winning.. Our winning coaches GREAT coaches (only 2 now) should always be remembered.. A win for them (even with another organization ) is a win for us. We should root for them unless its against us. Losing coaches.. I say F$#@ em. But guys like Dungy who didnt quit this team and set the expectation which exists now are Buccaneer GODS.  Buccaneers forever baby!!! Support the family!

Dude we cant be "wrong" opinions cannot be Wrong, that is why they are Opinions, you can dislike the opinion all you want, disagree with it as well, but it cannot be wrong.

Now when start a thread called "Why the Dungy Hating?" and someone gives you an answer, then you call them wrong, you look like a dumbass.... you asked a ? and got an answer.

What he said!!!!!!

#26 : January 31, 2007, 06:35:07 PM

We still have to read his name in the title, even if we don't open it. I guess your next advice would be for us not to visit PewterReport if we don't want to see Dungy's name?

LMAO!!  If the mere sight of Dungy's name is such a problem for some, then that suggests to me that there are some much deeper issues that should be dealt with.

After he hoists that trophy on Sunday,  some may have to lock themselves in a closet to avoid seeing or hearing his name for a while.

#27 : January 31, 2007, 06:37:05 PM

I'm just sick of reading article after article in the Tampa papers by **CENSORED**s like Fennelly who HAVE  to bring up Gruden...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#28 : January 31, 2007, 06:37:55 PM

LMAO!!  If the mere sight of Dungy's name is such a problem for some, then that suggests to me that there are some much deeper issues that should be dealt with.

After he hoists that trophy on Sunday,  some may have to lock themselves in a closet to avoid seeing or hearing his name for a while.
You are correct in that assumption... it will burn up alot of Gruden fans to see Dungy actually win the big one.

boredomkills01

Pro Bowler

#29 : January 31, 2007, 06:39:19 PM

lol hde,
the thing is its not just in people starting new threads, its people reverting to the dungy argument, and bringing him up when his name clearly has no place in a debate...

and as Rj said, the local writers... etc, everyone worships the guy!

I dont hate dungy, I think he did a ton of great things in tampa, but i dont think he should be worshiped (sp?)  while he wears a colts hat either... bleh

$$$
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Dungy hating? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools