Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mocking it up v1.0 « previous next »
Page: 1

David4ROTY

Starter

: April 15, 2009, 11:52:04 AM

Since there's a very good chance we don't take Josh Freeman (Thank you football gods!) I've decided to throw out my mock draft.  Enjoy!

1) Traded 19th overall in 2009 and 3rd round pick in 2010 for 29th and 45th via NYG.  Select DE Michael Johnson (Genetic Beast.  Could help the pass rush that we sourly need.  Has all of the potential in the world.  With great coaching, could be a lock for us)

2) CB Sean Smith (We are going to press alot more.  Smith is big and physical.  Would complement Talib greatly and if Ronde moves to Nickel, would be perfect fit)

3) DT Fili Moala (At 6'5" he still has room to add more weight.  Could be that cog we were looking for)

4) WR Jarrett Dilliard (This video opened my eyes.  His hip movement and low center of balance is crazy: http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/dgtv_1/jarett_dillard_-_wr_-_rice)

5) OLB Jason Williams (If he falls)

6) DT Chris Baker (Big Boy, good value)

7) QB Nate Davis (Might go undrafted, why not take a shot and see)

7) FS Curtis Taylor (Big hitter, could help special teams and provide depth at S since Phillips is trying to turn to OLB)

7) OT Ramon Foster (With Penn angry over the tender, need some depth at OT)

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 15, 2009, 12:27:10 PM

dillard appears to be a great route runner. Could be used very effectively on curl routes, but how much of that is his route running skills, and poor play by 2nd and 3rd tier cornerbacks?

David4ROTY

Starter

#2 : April 15, 2009, 12:29:31 PM

For value in the 4th, I wouldn't mind taking the gamble.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#3 : April 15, 2009, 12:46:32 PM

dillard appears to be a great route runner. Could be used very effectively on curl routes, but how much of that is his route running skills, and poor play by 2nd and 3rd tier cornerbacks?

I think some of it can be attributed to poor CB play, however he has consistently had big games against good opponents such as Texas an Vanderbilt. I'm really hoping we pick him up in a later round.

I like the mock a lot but I might replace Smith in the second with someone else depending on who's there (another corner). If Williams isn't there in the 5th, I think Zack Follett would be a good fit in the new system and would be available around there.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#4 : April 15, 2009, 01:26:08 PM

I know everyone thinks Dillard is a 4th rounder at best, and so on, but I just think there is going to be a team in the late 2nd(the Colts) or somewhere in the 3rd that falls in love with him. He is a stud, precise route runner, gets good seperation, has unreal production and at 5'11'' has a 41" vertical. I have a hard time believing someone with his resume goes mid-late Day 2.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#5 : April 15, 2009, 01:30:37 PM

I know everyone thinks Dillard is a 4th rounder at best, and so on, but I just think there is going to be a team in the late 2nd(the Colts) or somewhere in the 3rd that falls in love with him. He is a stud, precise route runner, gets good seperation, has unreal production and at 5'11'' has a 41" vertical. I have a hard time believing someone with his resume goes mid-late Day 2.

Yeah I think he has more talent than a 4th rounder too, but I'm hoping that teams focus on the bigger name receivers and let him slide (not likely). I've said that he is a perfect Manning receiver with good hands, football smarts, and good routes. I live in Indy so I would be disappointed if the Colts took him and he produces(which he will if Peyton is throwing to him). But yeah, he is a likely pick for the Colts, who need a slot receiver, in the late second.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

Time2GetYounger

Second String

#6 : April 15, 2009, 04:50:16 PM

I like it...

#7 : April 15, 2009, 04:55:48 PM

Not bad but Nate Davis will be a 3-5 range QB

HughC

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 15, 2009, 05:07:09 PM

I don't think #19 & next year's 3rd for #29 & #45 is realistic.

Considering next year versus this year is considered to be about equivalent to the difference of one round, according to this draft value chart that is 875 + 106 versus 640 + 450 points, or the Bucs giving up 981 while getting 1090 in return.  Or, again taking that one-year difference in to account, the Bucs are moving back ten spots in the first round to move up 81 spots with the other pick.

If they can pull it off that would be a great draft, but I just don't see it happening.

David4ROTY

Starter

#9 : April 15, 2009, 05:34:52 PM

I didn't realize it was off, thought moving NYG up 10 rounds in the first would compensate.  If thats the case, just throw in an additonal 5th, or 6th next year as well.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mocking it up v1.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools