Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whisenhunt says he will listen to offers for Boldin « previous next »
Page: 1 2

weinberger83

Starter
: April 15, 2009, 08:05:46 PM

dont know if this was posted yet but on ESPN link is here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4071716

Im sure the asking price will be ridiculous but that wont stop me from dreaming about Bryant, Winslow and Boldin on the field at the same time.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 15, 2009, 08:10:55 PM

Anything's possible but I believe he's staying in AZ.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 15, 2009, 08:23:06 PM

We already got an A.B. at WR.  ;D OK; guess we could offer Michael Clayton and Alex Smith. Can't see us giving up high draft picks...

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 15, 2009, 08:24:17 PM

Boldin is definitely a top 5 WR in the league. Hes still pretty young and has the nfl track record to show for it.

Giving up a 1st for Boldin would be a steal and would definitely give the Bucs some star power on Offense.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : April 15, 2009, 08:25:57 PM

Id give up a first in a second for Boldin. You are getting a proven player. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 15, 2009, 08:34:01 PM

Won't help the D - but the O could be fun to watch.  Suspect it is not a possibility given Bryant and Winslow ... but one never knows....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

MarineBuc

Starter

#6 : April 15, 2009, 08:38:08 PM

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL that Boldin will be in Pewter next year

WON"T HAPPEN

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 15, 2009, 08:49:11 PM

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 15, 2009, 08:56:58 PM

Its a pipedream fellas:

1: We are going to be a running team first and foremost.  We have a nice RB commitee and a good young OL.
2: We just franchised Bryant.
3:  We just re-signed Clayton for nice money.
4:  We traded 2 draft picks for K2 then made him the richest TE in NFL history.

#1 dictates the direction the offense under Jags, so we arent going to stockpile receivers.  2-4 shows how heavily invested we already are in targets for the QB.  so we arent going unload more high drafts picks and a megag contract for boldin. 

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 15, 2009, 09:46:50 PM

I have to believe we are looking at this sensibly.  Is there any player that will be available at #19 that would be a better value than Boldin?  I doubt it.  We still need another WR.  Don't forget AB is only franchised and may be gone next year, not to mention the possibility he was a 1 hit wonder.  I know we need a franchise QB and of course a DT/DE and CB but DT's can be groomed to fit the role Bates utilizes and the QB depth is much better next year.  The problem is, they will want a 1st and 3rd and that we can't do.  If they took a 1st and we got a DT/DE/CB in the 3rd & 4th, we would be in good shape for next year.  Then we pick up our franchise QB and load up on D through the draft and FA.  Imagine solid secondary, serviceable D-line and solid O-line with Bradford or Tebow throwing to Bryant, Boldin and Winslow and a three headed backfield in Graham, Ward and Caddy...wow.  Think the kitties, falcons and saints might pee themselves a little if that happened?

[Add witty one liner here]

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 15, 2009, 09:50:22 PM

Somebody better pay the pre-pay minutes on Dominek's phone so he can make a call....

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 15, 2009, 09:53:39 PM

He would have to have a new MEGA contract to go along with a trade and we are still trying to get Bryant signed to a long-term deal.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 15, 2009, 09:56:47 PM

Dont the Eagles have a need at receiver, along with two first round draft picks and a lot of cash for such a deal

#13 : April 15, 2009, 10:21:10 PM

Dont the Eagles have a need at receiver, along with two first round draft picks and a lot of cash for such a deal

I could very easily see him in Philthy or with the Giants.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 15, 2009, 10:22:01 PM

The Eagles just don't seem to put stock in the WR spot. They've need WR's desperately other than one year of TO and haven't done much to improve the spot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whisenhunt says he will listen to offers for Boldin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools