Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whisenhunt says he will listen to offers for Boldin « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 15, 2009, 10:26:03 PM

Dont the Eagles have a need at receiver, along with two first round draft picks and a lot of cash for such a deal

The Eagles just don't seem to put stock in the WR spot. They've need WR's desperately other than one year of TO and haven't done much to improve the spot.
Yup.  McNabb and the Eagles benefited from having a stud as the #1.  Funny how Philly fans bash McNabb, and he has you, me, and LFO at the wideout slots...

(btw, I'm the #1 in that roatation...lol... ;))

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 15, 2009, 10:30:23 PM

dont know if this was posted yet but on ESPN link is here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4071716

Im sure the asking price will be ridiculous but that wont stop me from dreaming about Bryant, Winslow and Boldin on the field at the same time.
It's great to think about 3 pro bowl level pass catchers, but you have to have a quarterback with the vision to see all 3 of them on the field and the discipline to keep them all involved. Ever since Brad Johnson fell off the cliff the Bucs haven't a quarterback who can evenly distribute to 2, let alone 3, receivers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 15, 2009, 10:33:54 PM

Good point FRG and I have totally agree with you we have had no  one NO ONE!

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 15, 2009, 10:38:56 PM

Yup.  McNabb and the Eagles benefited from having a stud as the #1.  Funny how Philly fans bash McNabb, and he has you, me, and LFO at the wideout slots...

I know, I'm gonna fill the Ike "4 yard in" Hillard role in any offense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 15, 2009, 10:41:00 PM

Yup. McNabb and the Eagles benefited from having a stud as the #1. Funny how Philly fans bash McNabb, and he has you, me, and LFO at the wideout slots...

I know, I'm gonna fill the Ike "4 yard in" Hillard role in any offense.
Ha ha ha!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 15, 2009, 10:43:29 PM

First I find out Santa has passed, now I find out Dalbuc is only good for 4 yards... no way one can even hope for Boldin?  Guess not.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

fishman

Starter

#21 : April 16, 2009, 07:17:45 AM

if we traded Clayton and our 1st pick, think that would be enough? That sure seems worth it to me (from our end). Esp. given what our recent 1st round picks have done...

"The reality is we came in with a bad salary cap situation and we left with some $50 million under the cap, so it's not like we went out and spent a lot of money on players." JG

Kazmir06

Rookie

#22 : April 16, 2009, 07:29:52 AM

I doubt we end up getting Boldin but GM's seem to be so hesitant to trade away draft picks they treat them like gold, In the first round a third of the players end up being total busts and another third never live up to where they were drafted.  So if we do offer them a first for a proven player i will have no problem with it same when we traded our second and firth for Winslow even if he the worst happens and he busts his knee and cant play anymore all we did was trade a second and fifth away just take a look at some previous drafts and see how many 2nd round players are still around
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whisenhunt says he will listen to offers for Boldin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools