Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 16, 2009, 01:33:49 AM

the music I like is probably to heavy or not mainstream enough, so i wont bother to post

Yes because the AC Newman and all the bands I posted are so mainstream. Plus, you don't listen to anything "heavy" enough to make me blanche:

Refused - New Noise: (give it about 1:10)
Ministry - Just One Fix: or Thieves:
Easily the two loudest shows I've ever heard

Minor Threat - I Don't Wanna Heart It:
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick:
Dead Kennedys - Too Drunk to F**k:
Pixies - Planet of Sound:

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 16, 2009, 01:35:48 AM

I finally learned to appreciate Jim Croce.
Operator -
I Got a Name-  

Croce is great and if those numbnuts in Louisiana didn't have trees at the end of a runway he'd still be with us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 16, 2009, 01:37:16 AM

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.� Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

Lou is a classic. If you can go Lou go all the way to Tom Waits:
I really DIG Tom Waits.� That voice is awesome.� I screw my voice up all the time screwing around singing Tom Waits!� LMAO!!

I got odd taste in tunes man.�

And Oregon, you might as well post your stuff.� I jam on Slayer and Slipknot all the time.� It is weight lifting music...damn I need to get back in the gym man.

Music is music.� I love it all.� I even listen to country, because lately my daughter hogs the radio, and she refuses to listen to anything else...we argue about the worth of rock V. country all the time.� I have never won.� But I always flash the devil horns...lol!� (She is eight, almost nine, and� she rolls her eyes at me)

BTW Dal, that is one screwy song man!

slipknot is ok...

The Ghost Inside (hardcore)
It Prevails (positive hardcore, good friends)
American Me (pissed off hardcore, good dudes)
Suicide Silence (death metal)
Parkway drive

yep. Grew up with the singer. Good guy. They sorta had to break up because music doesnt pay and he moved to Denver for a union job. But they are going on a mini tour in cali and Arizona this next week.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 16, 2009, 01:41:58 AM

the music I like is probably to heavy or not mainstream enough, so i wont bother to post

Yes because the AC Newman and all the bands I posted are so mainstream. Plus, you don't listen to anything "heavy" enough to make me blanche:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick:

ok dude Refused is sooo heavy. Only good band on that label is Vanna.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 16, 2009, 01:45:14 AM

Yo Dal, I LOVE the Refused.  Bought the CD back when...they have a track that sounds almost baroque, some wind instrument.  And then the drum starts, and it rattles my bones.  Great song.  Almost classical.  I would play that during a scene in a war flick fo sho.  
Operator -
I Got a Name- �

Croce is great and if those numbnuts in Louisiana didn't have trees at the end of a runway he'd still be with us.

Been to Louisiana.  Yup.  Have a bunch of genius types there.  Mardi Gras was awesome though, not gonna lie.  Ahhh...to be young and single, with cash to burn...well...glad I have the memory anyway.

Some more old stuff, but I love the song anyway.� Has always caused a bit of controversy...but it is real mellow, for you Percy Harvin types.

I really DIG Tom Waits.� That voice is awesome.� I screw my voice up all the time screwing around singing Tom Waits!� LMAO!!

And Oregon, you might as well post your stuff.� I jam on Slayer and Slipknot all the time.� It is weight lifting music...damn I need to get back in the gym man.

Music is music.� I love it all.� I even listen to country, because lately my daughter hogs the radio, and she refuses to listen to anything else...we argue about the worth of rock V. country all the time.� I have never won.� But I always flash the devil horns...lol!� (She is eight, almost nine, and� she rolls her eyes at me)

slipknot is ok...

Parkway drive

yep. Grew up with the singer. Good guy. They sorta had to break up because music doesnt pay and he moved to Denver for a union job. But they are going on a mini tour in cali and Arizona this next week.
Cool.  And you are right, unless you are a monster in the scene, the music industry is filled with miserable pricks man.  I have some friends that play out in small, dingy bars...one of them might be able to support a living, they play out in clubs in Syracuse, and all over the East Coast.  But my personal friend, he plays classic bar crap, and I can tell he hates the people he plays for sometimes.  What a strange way to exist...he adores music, but he hates playing in bars.  And I think he hates being marries with a kid.  It takes away the ROCK in Roll.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 16, 2009, 01:46:27 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Tick:

Refused is good stuff.

I consider it Heavy Punk Metal.  That guitar riff in New Noise is beastly.  I would use that during INTROs at Bucs games.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 16, 2009, 01:46:50 AM

Vanna sucks big time and what the heck do you think is heavy if Refused aren't? Is it only guys doing Cookie Monster voices? C'mon.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 16, 2009, 01:51:20 AM

Yo Dal, I LOVE the Refused.  Bought the CD back when...they have a track that sounds almost baroque, some wind instrument.  And then the drum starts, and it rattles my bones.  Great song.  Almost classical.  I would play that during a scene in a war flick fo sho.  

They always had songs that swung tempos around wildly. When they opened up full throttle on Liberation Frequency live I thought the top was gonna come off the building.

Not nearly as heavy but more danceable from some of the same guys: The International Noise Conspiracy- Capitalism Stole My Virginity:

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 16, 2009, 01:55:11 AM

Operator -
I Got a Name- �
My dad was surprised I was listening to it when he stopped by. He said that Croce never got to enjoy the wealth. He said he struggled for years and died shortly after he made it big.  He had some great songs for his short time.

That Ghostland Observatory song is strangely good. That is one crazy beat.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 16, 2009, 01:56:45 AM

Yo Dal, I LOVE the Refused. �Bought the CD back when...they have a track that sounds almost baroque, some wind instrument. �And then the drum starts, and it rattles my bones. �Great song. �Almost classical. �I would play that during a scene in a war flick fo sho. �
Operator -
I Got a Name- �

Been to Louisiana. �Yup. �Have a bunch of genius types there. �Mardi Gras was awesome though, not gonna lie. �Ahhh...to be young and single, with cash to burn...well...glad I have the memory anyway.

slipknot is ok...

Parkway drive

Cool. �And you are right, unless you are a monster in the scene, the music industry is filled with miserable pricks man. �I have some friends that play out in small, dingy bars...one of them might be able to support a living, they play out in clubs in Syracuse, and all over the East Coast. �But my personal friend, he plays classic bar crap, and I can tell he hates the people he plays for sometimes. �What a strange way to exist...he adores music, but he hates playing in bars. �And I think he hates being marries with a kid. �It takes away the ROCK in Roll.

yeah they got screwed by Rise Records (Ian was good friends with the Owner) and Rise didnt live up to their end of the deal. Rise is to busy riding the jocks of The Devil Wears Prada and the scene bands. Ian played in Shai Hulud for a bit, still loves the music but it wasnt going to be a living. They released a new album a few weeks ago from a local label that is doing 50/50 on sales. Im a big fan of melodic hardcore

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 16, 2009, 01:57:20 AM

I happened on this today.  Weird stuff

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 16, 2009, 01:58:06 AM

Yo Dal, I LOVE the Refused. �Bought the CD back when...they have a track that sounds almost baroque, some wind instrument. �And then the drum starts, and it rattles my bones. �Great song. �Almost classical. �I would play that during a scene in a war flick fo sho. �

They always had songs that swung tempos around wildly. When they opened up full throttle on Liberation Frequency live I thought the top was gonna come off the building.

Not nearly as heavy but more danceable from some of the same guys: The International Noise Conspiracy- Capitalism Stole My Virginity:
Nice.

I love new music.

Keep all your faves coming.

I remember Turbo posted a song from some group...Pissed off and mad about it.  Reminded me of the nineties metal scene.  Loved that one.

Gotta fill my Ipod man.  

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 16, 2009, 01:59:21 AM

Vanna sucks big time and what the heck do you think is heavy if Refused aren't? Is it only guys doing Cookie Monster voices? C'mon.
http://www.myspace.com/recon

those guys are heavier. Ill post more if you want. If you dont like my music thats your problem, I dont expect anyone on here to like it, but to say that Refused is the heaviest band is stupid.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 16, 2009, 02:04:24 AM

Got to keep posting you rmusic faves man...

Music is music.  You either dig it, or you do not.

I listen to some seriously stupid stuff, but I love it anyway.  And even I know it is not cool to like Jon Mayer, but I listen to his pop anyway.  I think he is a great guitarist.  I still cannot play Neon properly.  Love that riff.

Yeah yeah, make fun if you must.

I tell you this, music does not define me.  It just entertains me.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 16, 2009, 02:05:29 AM

one band that I like that is pop/punk is A Day To Remember I think they are pretty catchy.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools