Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 16, 2009, 02:05:36 AM

I happened on this today.  Weird stuff

I would rather be hammered and watching that, than listening to it!

But I can see the entertainment value.  I actually want to see the guy with the saw make a mistake, and bore into dudes head!  Ha ha ha!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 16, 2009, 02:11:33 AM

http://www.myspace.com/recon

those guys are heavier. Ill post more if you want. If you dont like my music thats your problem, I dont expect anyone on here to like it, but to say that Refused is the heaviest band is stupid.

There's the cookie monster voice I was looking for. They're loud but there's just no impact from all that drone. That's what Refused does is has a lot more varied textures in their songs. Even a band like Minor Threat keys up and goes but their songs are short whereas most of the hardcore stuff seems to go for 5+ minutes. Is there actually anything in the speed metal/death metal/hardcore whatever it is world that doesn't basically sound exactly like that? I swear to god that guitar riff is in every song in that sub-genre.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 16, 2009, 02:18:47 AM

Got to keep posting you rmusic faves man...

OK, new way to do this....hit Shuffle on Your iPod and the first 5 songs that come up are:

1. Morphine - A Good Woman is Hard to Find:
2. Tom Jones - Sex Bomb:
3. Reverend Horton Heat - Lie Detector:
4. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life:
5. Warlocks - Come Save Us:

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 16, 2009, 02:19:46 AM

those guys are heavier. Ill post more if you want. If you dont like my music thats your problem, I dont expect anyone on here to like it, but to say that Refused is the heaviest band is stupid.

There's the cookie monster voice I was looking for. They're loud but there's just no impact from all that drone. That's what Refused does is has a lot more varied textures in their songs. Even a band like Minor Threat keys up and goes but their songs are short whereas most of the hardcore stuff seems to go for 5+ minutes. Is there actually anything in the speed metal/death metal/hardcore whatever it is world that doesn't basically sound exactly like that? I swear to god that guitar riff is in every song in that sub-genre.

If you cant tell the difference between lets say Suicide Silence/It Prevails then check your ears. They are compelty different. Most hardcore songs dont go on for 5 mins. Most hardcore songs usually arent longer then 3 mins.

Recon was an example... that guitar riff is generic they are just like Acacia Strain, Emmure etc. It was an example.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 16, 2009, 02:35:03 AM

Got to keep posting you rmusic faves man...

OK, new way to do this....hit Shuffle on Your iPod and the first 5 songs that come up are:

1. Morphine - A Good Woman is Hard to Find:
2. Tom Jones - Sex Bomb:
3. Reverend Horton Heat - Lie Detector:
4. Iggy Pop - Lust for Life:
5. Warlocks - Come Save Us:
Very cool new way.

The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra.  LOL!! Love Franky!
Use Somebody... Kings of Leon (Damn!  That is weird!  optionmasta hit me up to this song...)
Bill Haley and the Comets Shake Rattle and Roll (sorry man...told you I have eclectic tastes)
Nirvana Lake of Fire
Geraldine Glasvegas

Glasvegas Geraldine: (strangest group, thought I would post the video...suprised they had one!...oh wait...they didn't...)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 16, 2009, 02:58:53 AM

My dad was surprised I was listening to it when he stopped by. He said that Croce never got to enjoy the wealth. He said he struggled for years and died shortly after he made it big.  He had some great songs for his short time.

I love the old Croce stuff.  Especially Working at the Car Wash Blues.   I think everyone can relate to that song at one point in their life.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 16, 2009, 03:24:28 AM

Shuffle was a strange list
Doors - The End     
RadioHead- Street Spirit     
Otis Redding- Sitting on the Dock in the Bay   
Cars- You're all I've Got Tonight  
Boston- More than a feeling     

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 16, 2009, 03:41:57 AM

B52s - Private Idaho   

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 16, 2009, 03:57:54 AM

I forgot about the B52s, I bet it would have been fun to hang out with them.

Some old classics
Joe Walsh - Life's Been Good                                
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have you ever seen the rain?              
Steve Miller-Jet Airliner                                        
Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues                            

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#39 : April 16, 2009, 03:57:09 AM

I've been listening to Dream Theater a lot lately.. good **CENSORED**.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 16, 2009, 08:14:55 AM

The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra.  LOL!! Love Franky!
Use Somebody... Kings of Leon (Damn!  That is weird!  optionmasta hit me up to this song...)
Bill Haley and the Comets Shake Rattle and Roll (sorry man...told you I have eclectic tastes)
Nirvana Lake of Fire
Geraldine Glasvegas

Way You Look is the first dance song from my wedding
Like the Kings of Leon
I've got Joe Turners and the Blues King's version of Shake, Rattle and Roll plus some Bill Haley
Prefer the Meat Puppets version but am a huge Nirvana fan.
Glasvegas Geraldine is good stuff reminds me of something I can't place.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 16, 2009, 09:08:06 AM

I really don't like metal or hardcore, but have you heard Tampa legends, Assuck? They've got the cookie monster vocals, killer drums, great mosh parts, no solos, and the songs aren't longer than 1:00-1:30.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 16, 2009, 11:03:18 AM

I really don't like metal or hardcore, but have you heard Tampa legends, Assuck? They've got the cookie monster vocals, killer drums, great mosh parts, no solos, and the songs aren't longer than 1:00-1:30.

They are a grindcore band. Not bad.

I either really like the grindcore bands or hate them.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#43 : April 16, 2009, 12:29:16 PM

Yeah yeah...not a big fan of Megadeth. BUt this song has a nice crunchy guitar riff, and his nasally snarl actually accents the song nicely...in a metal way of course. Love playing this guitar riff...my GF does not like it as much...ha ha ha!

I would have played this song out of my Abrahams Tank speaker system as I rolled through Baghdad (if I was a tank driver)...can you imagine, lolz!

I think I remember having a Megadeth/Metallica debate with you a few years ago... Lol

Nothing against commercial Megadeth, Symphony is great, but some of Megadeth's best stuff is in some of their more non commercial stuff.... If you like that riff, I suggest if you havent already to explore some of their other material.

I can give you suggestions if you'd like, if not... Just stay away from anything off of the "Risk" album.

By the way, "Pissed off and mad about it" is by the Texas Hippie Coalition, that song kicks

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 16, 2009, 01:00:16 PM

Yeah yeah...not a big fan of Megadeth. BUt this song has a nice crunchy guitar riff, and his nasally snarl actually accents the song nicely...in a metal way of course. Love playing this guitar riff...my GF does not like it as much...ha ha ha!

I would have played this song out of my Abrahams Tank speaker system as I rolled through Baghdad (if I was a tank driver)...can you imagine, lolz!

I think I remember having a Megadeth/Metallica debate with you a few years ago... Lol

Nothing against commercial Megadeth, Symphony is great, but some of Megadeth's best stuff is in some of their more non commercial stuff.... If you like that riff, I suggest if you havent already to explore some of their other material.

I can give you suggestions if you'd like, if not... Just stay away from anything off of the "Risk" album.

By the way, "Pissed off and mad about it" is by the Texas Hippie Coalition, that song kicks
Yup, we did have a debate about it.

Like I said, not a huge fan of Mega, but that song kicks azz.

Yeah, Texas Hippie Coalition...love that stuff.

Post away man.  I have listened to a fe songs off of each album, just was never that enthralled with his voice.  And their other rythmn guitarist I heard went off and did pop music...said he disliked metal or something...lol...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tme for a "New Music" thread. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools