Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#45 : April 17, 2009, 11:34:54 PM

Anyone who has a need at WR should be jumping all over this deal, as long as they have the money available to give him a new contract. I dont see any reason for any team who needs a WR not to. This deal is to o good to use some excuse like "we need to use that 3rd round pick on a DT who will never amount to anything"

Sure we could "use" a WR of Boldin pedigree, but I wouldn't go as far to call it a "need."

If Michael Clayton is your #2 going into the season, then yes, WR IS a  NEED!

NPR-BUC

Starter

#46 : April 18, 2009, 08:49:23 AM

Boldin will not be in Pewter and red.....get over it!

Jay Cutler is Gay!!!! The Bears Suck!!!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 18, 2009, 10:45:54 AM

Didn't say he would be.  Just that he's worth the asking price.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#48 : April 18, 2009, 11:11:36 AM

Anyone who has a need at WR should be jumping all over this deal, as long as they have the money available to give him a new contract. I dont see any reason for any team who needs a WR not to. This deal is to o good to use some excuse like "we need to use that 3rd round pick on a DT who will never amount to anything"

Sure we could "use" a WR of Boldin pedigree, but I wouldn't go as far to call it a "need."

Not when you got K2!

For everyone knocking Michael Clayton as our #2 WR, I got a "Hundo" that says K2 is targeted more than M80 is. You can call him a Tight End all you want, but IMO, A "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher"...... Ok, I think you get where I'm coming from. That reduces the "need" for a WR.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#49 : April 18, 2009, 11:37:25 AM

Not when you got K2!

For everyone knocking Michael Clayton as our #2 WR, I got a "Hundo" that says K2 is targeted more than M80 is. You can call him a Tight End all you want, but IMO, A "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher" is a "pass catcher"...... Ok, I think you get where I'm coming from. That reduces the "need" for a WR.

Then we shall agree to disagree.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 18, 2009, 11:56:20 AM

Bravo is right.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 20, 2009, 09:34:33 AM

Forgive me for thinking that having a #2 WR who has never had a 40 catch season since his rookie year... 5 years ago, a #1 WR who in 7 years has a whopping TWO 1,000 yard seasons... and only ONE 80 catch season, AND a TE who amassed 2 games in his first 2 seasons and 10 last year aren't very stable options!

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#52 : April 21, 2009, 02:24:13 AM

Forgive me for thinking that having a #2 WR who has never had a 40 catch season since his rookie year... 5 years ago, a #1 WR who in 7 years has a whopping TWO 1,000 yard seasons... and only ONE 80 catch season, AND a TE who amassed 2 games in his first 2 seasons and 10 last year aren't very stable options!

IMO, that's Waaaaaay more stability than what we have fielded in the last........... well, EVER! HAHA!  You are forgiven :)

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#53 : April 21, 2009, 09:27:54 AM

IMO, that's Waaaaaay more stability than what we have fielded in the last........... well, EVER! HAHA! You are forgiven :)

More stability does not equal stable.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#54 : April 21, 2009, 10:23:12 AM

IMO, that's Waaaaaay more stability than what we have fielded in the last........... well, EVER! HAHA! You are forgiven :)

More stability does not equal stable.

True, But More Stability > No Stability. I see it as a step in the right direction toward being "Stable." One that I'm excited over. You gotta start somewhere right? All of the great offenses in the league weren't great Over night. When Drew Brees got to New Orleans, he was a guy with a ton of upside, but a HUGE Question Mark on his Right Shoulder. He's answered that question, and they have built a better Offense each year after. (With the help of a Virtual Unknown name Marcus Colston).

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 21, 2009, 11:02:48 AM

Our team has too many needs to do this deal. If we weren't willing to do it for Cutler, we won't do it for Anquan Boldin. Besides, according to PFT there's rumors in league circles that Boldin may have a degenerative hip condition that may prematurely end his career.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools