Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin GAMBLE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Runole

Hall of Famer
: April 16, 2009, 11:33:13 AM

While I have gone on record stating I think Harvin would be worth the first pick by the Bucs
this guy certainly seems to have a different opinion. 

Though there are unconfirmed rumors about a Failed drug test and some have inferred Percy may be on the juice, I also have read that Percy was not exactly a model team mate at UF, and had numerous altercations with other UF players.   

Doubt any gator fan will set the record straight considering their past history on any discussion concerning a UF player and any possible warts they might have.

Anyway here is the article from COLD HARD FOOTBALL FACTS. COM 

"The Biggest Gamble in the 2009 Draft"

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2710_The_biggest_gamble_in_the_2009_draft.html

The writer definitely is sticking his neck out to all the UF apologists that run the media state wide.

Wonder if he has received  "DEATH THREATS" like the Tow trucking operator last season? :o

#1 : April 16, 2009, 11:42:58 AM

If the guy runs his mouth but does nothing he is a cancer

If the guy runs his mouth but plays to back it up he is a superstar

We delt with two loud mouths during our superbowl year but they both backed it up with their play

when both didnt they were shoved out the door...same would go with Percy

Not saying that he has been a model citizen at Florida but there were ZERO rumors of any player (apart from Jarred Fayson) who had any problems with Percy I have insider access to GBN who  has inside access to meetings and spring practices not a peep about anything for 3 years. Plus Percy was always close to Tim Tebow if there was any reason for Percy to have any problem with someone it would be with Timmy because he is the star of that team....but nothing...if anything they were viewed as "team leaders"

Fayson's problems wasnt with Percy either he was just upset that Percy was the go to guy when during the recruiting season Urban Meyer stated Jarred was going to be "the guy"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 16, 2009, 12:12:45 PM

Not saying you aren't speaking the truth but here is another article expressing concerns:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-9-77/Beware-of-the-Gator-receiver.html

These comments are from someone listening to the Frangie and Bellue radio show .

Frangie even said he knew about a lot of things that Harvin did but the gators covered them up.  There was a rumor that he was really getting under Meyers skin last year complaining that it was the Tebow show, that's why when Meyer's talked about Tebow he made sure that he praised Harvin.

According to this "insider" Harvin didn't just get into a little trouble in college, but was in repeated trouble and was so bad that his own coach during recruiting didn't recommend him.  They went on to say that Frank Beamer was told that he was off limits and wouldn't be considered for a ship. When VT backs off of a recruit that means he's a real problem child. See the Vicks!

Now at UF they said he got into a very bloody fight with Fayson and even had a bloody fight with Chris Rainey, in both cases the guys on the radio said they knew about them but didn't mention it because the gators didn't want that out. They also said he wasn't hurt as much as people think, more like suspended more than people think and that it wasn't the alleged migraines that was reported.

Now don't shoot the messenger just repeating what I have read..  As I have stated, I think he would be a good pick for the Bucs if these rumors are not true, and even if they are he still looks like a game changer to me and still  probably worth the gamble.

#3 : April 16, 2009, 09:52:12 PM

If the guy runs his mouth but does nothing he is a cancer

If the guy runs his mouth but plays to back it up he is a superstar

We delt with two loud mouths during our superbowl year but they both backed it up with their play

when both didnt they were shoved out the door...same would go with Percy

Not saying that he has been a model citizen at Florida but there were ZERO rumors of any player (apart from Jarred Fayson) who had any problems with Percy I have insider access to GBN who  has inside access to meetings and spring practices not a peep about anything for 3 years. Plus Percy was always close to Tim Tebow if there was any reason for Percy to have any problem with someone it would be with Timmy because he is the star of that team....but nothing...if anything they were viewed as "team leaders"

Fayson's problems wasnt with Percy either he was just upset that Percy was the go to guy when during the recruiting season Urban Meyer stated Jarred was going to be "the guy"

So your telling me Terrell Owens isn't a cancer?

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 19, 2009, 09:56:47 PM

Just curious, because not being from Florida, I don't know how many Maryland games you get down here, but for those talking about DHB's game speed, how many Maryland games did you see?  I'm not denying Harvin's speed, but DHB's game speed is sick as well.  Take a look at the VT game from this past year, as well as the Cal game, and then say that DHB doesn't compare to Harvin.  While I think Harvin can be good in the NFL, I see DHB being a better pure receiver.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 18, 2009, 10:12:43 PM

Why does it seem that wide receivers always seem to be the biggest problem children in the NFL"

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 18, 2009, 10:15:21 PM

Why does it seem that wide receivers always seem to be the biggest problem children in the NFL"
That's a good question.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 18, 2009, 10:27:46 PM

plain and simple, you just cant roll the dice on guys like this in the 1st rd.  Michael Johnson and Freeman fall into that category too.  The boom or bust factor is too high.    Call me conservative but I'd rather take a guy with less upside in the first if i felt like the guy was a really safe pick with high character, leadership ability and could contribute right away.  Davin Joseph certainly wasnt a flashy pick a few years ago but he has started for us since day 1. 

#8 : April 18, 2009, 10:35:07 PM

safe doesn't equal elite

devasher

Starter
#9 : April 19, 2009, 01:45:19 AM

If it was the same system that produced the 3 first round picks from the Spurrier era than I would agree with it's premise. But we're talking about a very different offensive system, and it should be noted that since Spurrier left no NFL team has "gambled" a first round pick on a WR. This means if Percy were to go in Rd 1 it meant that he was though of in more esteem than every WR since 2000, and 9 years is a long time.

It'll be interesting to see nonetheless. But someone at FSU should print that article and show it to prospective WR's pointing out that no matter who it was that article was going to be written about the next highly touted UF WR.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 19, 2009, 01:54:26 AM

LMAO

Runole, I  wouldn't expect anything less of you.  Of course, Saint BOBBY wanted Harvin and would have given anything to get him, and even said so.  Yet since he went to UF you have a problem? 

HAHAHAHHAHAH!

LFO

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 19, 2009, 01:56:55 AM

Not saying you aren't speaking the truth but here is another article expressing concerns:

These comments are from someone listening to the Frangie and Bellue radio show .

Frangie even said he knew about a lot of things that Harvin did but the gators covered them up.  There was a rumor that he was really getting under Meyers skin last year complaining that it was the Tebow show, that's why when Meyer's talked about Tebow he made sure that he praised Harvin.

According to this "insider" Harvin didn't just get into a little trouble in college, but was in repeated trouble and was so bad that his own coach during recruiting didn't recommend him.  They went on to say that Frank Beamer was told that he was off limits and wouldn't be considered for a ship. When VT backs off of a recruit that means he's a real problem child. See the Vicks!

Now at UF they said he got into a very bloody fight with Fayson and even had a bloody fight with Chris Rainey, in both cases the guys on the radio said they knew about them but didn't mention it because the gators didn't want that out. They also said he wasn't hurt as much as people think, more like suspended more than people think and that it wasn't the alleged migraines that was reported.

Now don't shoot the messenger just repeating what I have read..  As I have stated, I think he would be a good pick for the Bucs if these rumors are not true, and even if they are he still looks like a game changer to me and still  probably worth the gamble.

HAHAHA more propaganda by idiots like runole.  I have family who work at Shands and the migraines were legit.  Yet another attempt at jealous morons like runole to take down a rival player who BURNED them for 3 years.....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#12 : April 19, 2009, 02:29:44 AM

Frangie even said he knew about a lot of things that Harvin did but the gators covered them up.� There was a rumor that he was really getting under Meyers skin last year complaining that it was the Tebow show, that's why when Meyer's talked about Tebow he made sure that he praised Harvin.

According to this "insider" Harvin didn't just get into a little trouble in college, but was in repeated trouble and was so bad that his own coach during recruiting didn't recommend him.� They went on to say that Frank Beamer was told that he was off limits and wouldn't be considered for a ship. When VT backs off of a recruit that means he's a real problem child. See the Vicks!

Now don't shoot the messenger just repeating what I have read..� As I have stated, I think he would be a good pick for the Bucs if these rumors are not true, and even if they are he still looks like a game changer to me and still� probably worth the gamble.

HAHAHA more propaganda by idiots like runole.  I have family who work at Shands and the migraines were legit.  Yet another attempt at jealous morons like runole to take down a rival player who BURNED them for 3 years.....
You are a Gator homer. Everything said by you about Harvin should be taken for what it's worth. Truth is no one except Urban Meyer and Harvin knows. Harvin DID test positive for mary jane days before he KNEW he was going to be tested, yet he did it anyway. Shows a complete lack of discipline in my book and that gets you out of the 1st round.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 19, 2009, 02:41:04 AM

Harvin played in a pop-gun offense that piles up huge yardage, he is suspect because he never faced NFL style defenses - but ALSO because he didn't have NFL level offensive philosophy drilled into him...he's loaded with measurables but the concern is he may take a while to adjust to the NFL - that usually means getting labled with the dreaded "boom or bust" tag...

and here's something for you Gator fans to chew on - Harvin's as much a gamble as Josh Freeman is...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 19, 2009, 02:42:12 AM

Harvin played in a pop-gun offense that piles up huge yardage, he is suspect because he never faced NFL style defenses - but ALSO because he didn't have NFL level offensive philosophy drilled into him...he's loaded with measurables but the concern is he may take a while to adjust to the NFL - that usually means getting labled with the dreaded "boom or bust" tag...

and here's something for you Gator fans to chew on - Harvin's as much a gamble as Josh Freeman is...
Courses for horses man.

Agree with you one billion percent.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin GAMBLE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools