Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin GAMBLE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 19, 2009, 04:03:44 PM

I gotta say no to a pothead.

League is going to be short on players if it were to adopt such a standard. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#31 : April 19, 2009, 04:05:10 PM

To me Percy is going to be one of the biggest playmakers that comes out of this draft. He is well worth the pick at 19.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 19, 2009, 04:14:07 PM

I think he is a viable pick as well BB. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#33 : April 19, 2009, 04:15:52 PM

I truly don't expect him to be there at 19 but if he is and we pass, well lets just say I'll see ya at the bar, Dave.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 19, 2009, 04:25:33 PM

I truly don't expect him to be there at 19 but if he is and we pass, well lets just say I'll see ya at the bar, Dave.

I like Jack single barrel with water, you are the rum and coke - right?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 19, 2009, 04:46:23 PM

I like Jack single barrel with water,

Ohhhh... a man with taste right there.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 19, 2009, 05:04:25 PM

Thanks Krazy - if you are there - and we blow the pick - well the three of us can head for the bar...

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 19, 2009, 10:24:26 PM

Just curious, because not being from Florida, I don't know how many Maryland games you get down here, but for those talking about DHB's game speed, how many Maryland games did you see?  I'm not denying Harvin's speed, but DHB's game speed is sick as well.  Take a look at the VT game from this past year, as well as the Cal game, and then say that DHB doesn't compare to Harvin.  While I think Harvin can be good in the NFL, I see DHB being a better pure receiver.

DHB is the best vertical threat in the draft. In Aug i thought DHB would be the best receiver declaring; Don't know now. Look at the production. His supporting cast wasn't world class; but I think the best receivers produce regardless of the situation.

#38 : April 19, 2009, 06:22:56 PM

Good thing the Bucs did not listen to some of you in 1995. If they had taken the "safe pick," we would not have drafted a "pothead" in Warren Sapp.

#39 : April 19, 2009, 06:29:59 PM

Thanks Krazy - if you are there - and we blow the pick - well the three of us can head for the bar...

for sure!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 19, 2009, 06:31:14 PM

Freeman has less concern about him than Harvin does, IMO.

Harvin is a FLA wideout, AND he smokes pot.  And has questionable character issues...they aren't surfacing because of jealousy and envy,

Freeman came from a school with miniscule o-talent, in a conference that has not produced many decent QBs.

Harvin is a gamble, but I think if he is there, they will take him.  But if Jerry is there, I think the BUcs take him.

If both of those guys are gone, they roll with Freeman, IMO.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 19, 2009, 06:38:03 PM

It doesn't matter to me who they pick - I'd really just like them to do something outside the box. How many times have I heard how we didn't get our QB of the future - ok, well...here's the best chance to put that crap to bed...pull the freakin' trigger already.

but instead you guys start choking and mumbling something about an illiterate slash type receiver...what's his name...oh yeah... Kordell Stewart.

I'm really trying to figure our team out, how they think, what their philosophy is regarding offense & defense...?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 19, 2009, 06:42:11 PM

I am curious, but will not be stunned by any pick the Bucs make.

There will be a reason, and it will be one of the guys we have all discussed at length.
Maybin, English, Johnson, Freeman, Jerry, or Percy.

It will be ONE of those guys.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#43 : April 19, 2009, 06:43:44 PM

Percy would be the next great buc on offense after Mike Allstott.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 19, 2009, 06:49:20 PM

IMHO the pick will come between Harvin and Johnson.

Formerly known as Revis Islander
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Percy Harvin GAMBLE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools