Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Joseph ready to come back? Scott or Jim? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

: October 02, 2006, 11:33:37 AM

"Latest" on Joseph...

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/26/Bucs/Inclusion_elusive_for.shtml

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 02, 2006, 11:34:53 AM

SR/JF won't be responding to questions on the Red Board any more.

gaines3

Rookie

#2 : October 02, 2006, 09:26:42 AM

Scott or Jim,
   Is Davin close to being ready to come back?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 02, 2006, 09:27:11 AM

Scott or Jim,
   Is Davin close to being ready to come back?

They have answered this over on the Insider board.  ;)

buckit

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 02, 2006, 11:27:49 AM

Even if healthy, I'm not sure I'd start him.  Bringing back the same line from last year is a better way to build consistant play.  We've already seen that in games 2 and 3, when last years line was in, the pass protection improved dramatically.  A few tweaks in the run game, some more roll outs, boots and waggles from Grads, and we can run the ball with these guys.  Let Joseph sit and learn for a season...JMO.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 02, 2006, 11:31:24 AM

Yes it helps to build consistent play but you will never improve beyond their max capabilities unless you take that gamble and let some new players into the fold that have greater max capabilities.  Simply put we know what Mahan can and can not do and we also know that Jeb/Davin would be an upgrade over him.  I just do not like the decision to keep Mahan in just becuase of experience and trying to maintain consistency on the o-line.  If the Bucs coaching staff is content with the current o-line and want to keep consistency then why draft two OL in rounds 1-2???

#6 : October 02, 2006, 12:30:09 PM

I saw him running in a clip on the news last night, with a knee brace on.  Looked pretty quick.  At least the knee is functional.  I say work on getting him out there as soon as possible.  Gruden has also mentioned that Trueblood is knocking on the door.  I think that as the season goes along, alot of these young players are going to get loads of playing time.  Joseph in particular is critical.  I think he can give us some psuh in the running game.  We are pitiful so far.  Deumig is always saying that Caddy's hurt...my thought is, he may be hurt, but it doesn't help to never have a hole to run through.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 02, 2006, 12:43:05 PM

Joseph in particular is critical.

He is critical for nothing if not the fact that the Bucs burnt a first round pick on the guy to help shore up deficiency that has been prevalent for years and years now.

Espescially with a team that is in rebuilding mode, as far as the offense goes anyway.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 02, 2006, 12:54:39 PM

Even if healthy, I'm not sure I'd start him. Bringing back the same line from last year is a better way to build consistant play. We've already seen that in games 2 and 3, when last years line was in, the pass protection improved dramatically. A few tweaks in the run game, some more roll outs, boots and waggles from Grads, and we can run the ball with these guys. Let Joseph sit and learn for a season...JMO.

Sure, consistency on the line is big.  But in the long run, Joseph is, or least had better be our starter there.  Which makes it all the more important to start building up consistency WITH Joseph in the line as soon as possible, imo.

#9 : October 02, 2006, 01:01:27 PM

He is critical for nothing if not the fact that the Bucs burnt a first round pick on the guy to help shore up deficiency that has been prevalent for years and years now.

Espescially with a team that is in rebuilding mode, as far as the offense goes anyway.

He's critical in my mind in part because of the first round pick, but also because of how anemic we've been running between the tackles.  He looks to be strong enough to move people off the ball and and even quick enough to get outside when pulled.  He could be the missing piece in terms of getting that running game going.

drywallbuc

Starter

#10 : October 02, 2006, 04:46:00 PM

i wish john gruden would say something about bill muir the way he did about the def. missed tackles in that article.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#11 : October 02, 2006, 05:55:38 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2496

The Bucs were hopeful first-round pick Davin Joseph, who has been sidelined since the first week of the season with a knee injury, would return to practice Monday, but the 6-foot-3, 311-pound guard came down with an illness and was not present at Monday’s workout.  Bucs head coach Jon Gruden was optimistic Joseph would be at practice Wednesday, saying he would not rule him out for Sunday’s game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 02, 2006, 06:23:40 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/2496

The Bucs were hopeful first-round pick Davin Joseph, who has been sidelined since the first week of the season with a knee injury, would return to practice Monday, but the 6-foot-3, 311-pound guard came down with an illness and was not present at Monday’s workout. Bucs head coach Jon Gruden was optimistic Joseph would be at practice Wednesday, saying he would not rule him out for Sunday’s game.

Of course Jon wouldn't say that.  That is revealing personnel; info, and that is very valuable to an opposing gameplan.  It helps prepare the opposition for what they are about to face.

And incidentally, no one knows what Davin looks like.  Why?

BECAUSE HE HASN'T PLAYED A STINKING DOWN YET!!!  All he is proving is he is injury prone.  This season is going to be a wash for him.  I just have that feeling.

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#13 : October 02, 2006, 06:28:15 PM

SR/JF won't be responding to questions on the Red Board any more.
Really?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 02, 2006, 06:37:38 PM

Really?

I wouldn't lie to the original creator of the "DAMN!" thread.

They will only respond to queries made in the PI forum.  As is their right.  PAying customers get their premium services, and their word is worth the few measly dollars.

I was hesitant for a long time, but after some observation, they definitely are in the right for doing so.

The "No Politics" thing, on the other hand....

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Joseph ready to come back? Scott or Jim? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools