Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#135 : November 21, 2009, 07:10:19 PM

HATE - you're good with me man - ever since the Carnell thing I'm convinced you are a great Buccaneer fan, AND very passionate in your beliefs, I have recently found you very reasonable....but it does take some time.... ;)

Boid - we've been on the same page on Freeman for a long time.

Why would we not draft him?

QB is not a problem solved...last I checked, Leftwich is not that good, McCown is a nobody, and Johnson was a 5th round pick.

Why would we draft a WR with the 19th?  Last I saw, Bryant is a stud, and Clayton has the Bucs by the balls (contract).

Why would the BUcs draft a DT?  Is there any that fir Bates system worth a 19th pick?

Why would the Bucs draft a DE?  The three that couldbe targeted are either linebackers, undersized, or have no motor. And we still have Gaines and White.

Freeman is still a VERY VERY VERY viable option man. 

If you know who we ARE going to draft, go ahead and say it Mr. Foresight.

Great points and not only revelant, but prescient - at the time.

Nice call man.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#136 : November 21, 2009, 08:28:21 PM

A lot of QB "what if's" in this thread.  I think it's going to be fascinating to see how the whole Jay Cutler/Kyle Orton thing shakes out, though Bucs fans will also be able to add in Luke McCown (how dare the Broncos say Orton was better than McCown!).  I think Matt Cassel is also included - and by our final decision Josh Freeman - in the mix.  All of them except Orton could have been our QB going forward.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#137 : November 22, 2009, 08:57:33 AM

HATE - you're good with me man - ever since the Carnell thing I'm convinced you are a great Buccaneer fan, AND very passionate in your beliefs, I have recently found you very reasonable....but it does take some time.... ;)

LMAO

Not that i'm tootin my own horn, but if we ever met, you'd think i was pretty kool. Ask Dbucfan & SBF  ;)

Once I got to know you, I have found you to be very easy to get along with and no doubt a dedicated Buc fan. Very glad I have had opportunities to meet you.

Kool describes you well.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#138 : November 21, 2009, 11:24:58 PM

I still would have done my deal for Cutler.

But Freeman is looking pretty nice so far right?
I was also upset that we didn't get Cutler, but at this point I'd rather have the promise of Freeman and our #1 pick this year. Freeman could fizzle, but I'm not as high on Cutler as I once was.
I am pleased as well.

Even White Tiger wanted Cutler in the worst sort of way.

But these are wild card like circumstances we are talking about here.

Glad we have Freeman, he seems to be legit, but he has to play more games for me to buy what he is selling.  So far, he is legit.  So far.

Now...on we go.

Who cares about all this.

Eating Crow is not my thing, have done it, but EVERYONE on this board wants to reactivate the past to either laugh, cry, or kiss a few minutes goodbye, know what I mean?

I am happy for Freeman, the BUcs.  Good on him for proving all the haters wrong.  Like I said, I loved Gradkowski at one point as well.  Thought he had this Polish Moxie thing goi on.  Dead wrong.

Guy had a noodle arm (DTG questioned my use of the phrase at one point I recall)...we'll see.

GO FREEMAN!!!

SonnyCrockett

Starter

#139 : November 21, 2009, 11:26:54 PM

I was furious about trading up and not taking Everette Brown.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#140 : November 21, 2009, 11:40:33 PM

LMAO

Not that i'm tootin my own horn, but if we ever met, you'd think i was pretty kool. Ask Dbucfan & SBF  ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#141 : November 22, 2009, 02:27:50 AM

I still would have done my deal for Cutler.

But Freeman is looking pretty nice so far right?
I was also upset that we didn't get Cutler, but at this point I'd rather have the promise of Freeman and our #1 pick this year. Freeman could fizzle, but I'm not as high on Cutler as I once was.
I am pleased as well.

Even White Tiger wanted Cutler in the worst sort of way.

GO FREEMAN!!!

You're right - I would have loved to had a shot at Cutler. I don't care what team I'm on, I'd take him and change my offense!

Nothing wrong with Cutler either - his receivers are named: Johnny Knox, Juaquine Iglesias, Rashied Davis, Earl Bennett, Devin Aromashadu...his best running back is Matt Forte...You know, Cutler probably wished he was in Josh Freeman's spot right now.

Because Cutler just has less to work with in Chicago than Josh Freeman has in Tampa....Cutler's gotta be feeling like he's back at Vandy and he's playing UF, AU, 'Bama, LSU all over, every week....

I'll keep Freeman, but I'd just as easily taken Cutler.

Glad we're starting new with The One....

HATE - you're wrong man - I already think you're Kool!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#142 : November 22, 2009, 03:57:48 AM

Indeed.

Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools