Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

Larry Brackins

Starter
#15 : April 19, 2009, 09:29:39 AM

Pirates: Bucs ain't drafting Freeman

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 19, 2009, 09:49:16 AM

if freemen is there you take him if not you take the DE Johnson

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2009, 09:53:27 AM

It would not surprise me if they do draft Freemen given it would be drastic change from last year's QB stable.

Jeff Garcia
Brian Griese
Luke McCown

to:

Luke McCown
Byron Leftwich
Josh Freemen

If the new FO has a directive to go all out and improve the QB position as the top priority it would make sense.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2009, 10:01:12 AM

First off, Leftwich is not that good, IMO.� Second, McCown, noted by many, has already lost this QB battle (again), before the "fair" QB battle has begun...I have heard so many say that Leftwich is the obvious choice to be the next Bucs QB.� That he is a proven leader, and has the veteran intangibles that a QB needs, unlike the uproven, youthful men in waiting...

Not that I agree.� But the point is:

Freeman is better off by being drafted as a groomable player, than a guy you toss into the mix.� And Freeman has a boatload of skills, that rival the boatload of skills that the QBs who have seldom played...McCown and Johnson...have already.� It is all speculation, and hope.� We HOPE that McCown can become great.� We HOPE that Johnson can grab the reins.� We HOPE that Freeman wil become franchise...

See what I am saying?

I mean...if you LOVE Percy Harvin, how can you diss Freeman?� One is labeled a bust because of his school.� The other, because of his conference...does that make sense?

+1 - I mean the whole post but especially the Harvin correlation.

...absolute brilliance and flawless logic - I commend you for swerving into my opinion Boid ;)

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 19, 2009, 12:08:59 PM

I could see us still drafting Freeman, but I believe they honestly think Leftwich is a great QB and an open competition between him and McCown is going to be one hellava battle.

I think we NEED Freeman, but I also think we NEED D-line and NEED a top rated corner.  Shoot, we NEED someone at every position but TE & K. 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 19, 2009, 01:03:41 PM

It would not surprise me if they do draft Freemen given it would be drastic change from last year's QB stable.

Jeff Garcia
Brian Griese
Luke McCown

to:

Luke McCown
Byron Leftwich
Josh Freemen

If the new FO has a directive to go all out and improve the QB position as the top priority it would make sense.

this looks much better, we have the vets with a bridge to a young prospect that can take over 2 years.

Luke McCown
Byron Leftwich
Josh Freemen

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 19, 2009, 01:05:53 PM

McCown's athletism brings another dimesion to this offense, he will start the season as QB, wether he finishes it as the starter is another question, but IMO, there's no doubt that he will get a chance to lead this team, as he should.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 19, 2009, 01:08:25 PM

I think the QB with the best pre season should start, it is open competition.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 19, 2009, 01:10:32 PM

What has Freeman done that makes him any better of a prospect than Johnson?  His college stats were anything but stellar, whereas Johnson threw 30 td vs 1 int.  I don't think we let Johnson go this soon for another project player with "potential".

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 19, 2009, 01:17:37 PM

for me Freeman has pro size and arm, Johnson is small and i am not sure of his arm

Booker

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 19, 2009, 01:18:52 PM

Johnson has a great arm, his accuracy is question.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 19, 2009, 01:25:18 PM

We better not draft Freeman.

bucshot420

Starter

#27 : April 19, 2009, 01:27:38 PM

I think we roll the dice this year with what we have.  That way if we don't fare well this year we have a top 5-10 pick next year in a QB heavy draft to fill that need

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 19, 2009, 01:29:42 PM

Next year's QB draft is putrid IMVHO.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 19, 2009, 01:30:02 PM

What has Freeman done that makes him any better of a prospect than Johnson?  His college stats were anything but stellar, whereas Johnson threw 30 td vs 1 int.  I don't think we let Johnson go this soon for another project player with "potential".

and how many future NFL players did he play against in 4 years of college?  The answer I'd guess is zero.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools