Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 19, 2009, 01:48:25 PM »

Johnson has a great arm, his accuracy is question.

Accuracy is fine and his arm strength is somewhere in the middle; The question with JJ is did he bulk up and can he adjust to the speed of the game; ex quick reads and decision making.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #31 : April 19, 2009, 01:53:02 PM »

The main concern I personally have about Freeman is the lack of productivity in a conference where stats have come easily to others with marginal ability -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #32 : April 19, 2009, 01:58:57 PM »

My sentiments exactly Skull.

Take a chance to set this thing OFF.

If anyone thinks McCown has something special that everyone at OBP is waiting for the rest of us to see - you obviously didn't see the signing of Byron Leftwhich. If you think Lord Byron is the answer...did you see the one where Jacksonville cut him after he stuck up the joint?

Why does anyone think we wouldn't draft a QB if given half a chance? Especially AFTER the last coach was fired for NOT finding a QB of the future? All of the current QB's were on the roster last season - save for one - and Leftwich was brought in to compete because NO ONE at OBP is convinced Luke is the QB of the future.

So if we aren't convinced we have the QB of the future currently on the roster, and we know that one of the leading reasons for Grudens firing was he did not find a QB of the future, we don't think that next years QB crowd will be any better than this one...

...if we get the chance this draft we should take it. If it's Josh Freeman and you don't like it - you all need to apologize to Gruden.

Greise - has shoulder and age problems and is at best a capable back-up.
McCown - has decision making issues and they are the same as when he came into this league and onto this team. He is at best a platoon type QB or competent back-up.
Johnson - was a project for running a WCO, he played at the JUCO level in college and could have been an option for Gruden's short passing game. He has very little upside, and very little chance to make the team.
Leftwich - long slow wind up, poor accuracy, needs an offensive line that is made of granite - mere limestone won't get you anywhere with this guy. He too, is a capable back-up.

SO - we have 3 to 4 back-ups and a chance to draft a rookie that everyone's been clamoring for since Gruden got here and clamored SO loudly that it got him fired...so sit back, be quiet and lets enjoy the show...shall we?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 19, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

All good reasons not to get into the Cutler sweepstakes - you know why break a record of never having... aw.. crap - and I was going to try to stay positive... sorry

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #34 : April 19, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Leftwich was brought in to compete because NO ONE at OBP is convinced Luke is the QB of the future.

Was Derrick Ward brought in to compete because NO ONE at OBP is convinced Graham is the RB for next season?

So if we aren't convinced we have the QB of the future currently on the roster, and we know that one of the leading reasons for Grudens firing was he did not find a QB of the future, we don't think that next years QB crowd will be any better than this one...

...if we get the chance this draft we should take it. If it's Josh Freeman and you don't like it - you all need to apologize to Gruden.

Greise - has shoulder and age problems and is at best a capable back-up.
McCown - has decision making issues and they are the same as when he came into this league and onto this team. He is at best a platoon type QB or competent back-up.
Johnson - was a project for running a WCO, he played at the JUCO level in college and could have been an option for Gruden's short passing game. He has very little upside, and very little chance to make the team.
Leftwich - long slow wind up, poor accuracy, needs an offensive line that is made of granite - mere limestone won't get you anywhere with this guy. He too, is a capable back-up.

SO - we have 3 to 4 back-ups and a chance to draft a rookie that everyone's been clamoring for since Gruden got here and clamored SO loudly that it got him fired...so sit back, be quiet and lets enjoy the show...shall we?

Why does the new HC have to draft a QB in the first round?  Just because the old HC never did?

Nobody was upset that Gruden didn't get a QB in the first draft he was here.  What might have been the final straw was that he was here for a long time and the QB situation is still unsettled.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #35 : April 19, 2009, 02:14:48 PM »

I'm all for getting a young QB for the future, a rookie, but don't feel Freeman is the guy.  What has he done that would make ANYONE believe he's a Franchise QB.  NOTHING!  

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #36 : April 19, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »

I think that is exactly why Ward was bought in Biggs - age and injury to EG, Caddy's history... yea...

I am upset Gruden didn't get a qb for his system - pissed me off for the entire time he was here - I am hoping to see the buccs have an elite qb before my dirt nap - and it isn't looking good...  Gonna have to live to be very old at this rate...

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #37 : April 19, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »

Just because Gruden never got a QB in the first round, you think we should draft the first available QB?
Not real good logic, IMO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #38 : April 19, 2009, 02:20:13 PM »

I think that is exactly why Ward was bought in Biggs - age and injury to EG, Caddy's history... yea...

I don't think Ward was brought in because of Graham, just like I don't think Leftwich was brought in because of McCown.  Ward was an upgrade to the running back corps, just as Leftwich is to the QB position.

I don't think it speaks ill of Graham or McCown that the team decided to upgrade the depth of their respective positions.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 19, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »

That way if we don't fare well this year we have a top 5-10 pick next year in a QB heavy draft to fill that need

Not really. We would end up with either Tebow or Bradford with that kind of pick. And both of them of have issues.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #40 : April 19, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

experts also thought that the Cowboys were going to win the super bowl last year.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 19, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »

experts also thought that the Cowboys were going to win the super bowl last year.

They also thought the Rams, 49ers, and Lions were going to be awful. Guess what....they were!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

« #42 : April 19, 2009, 02:42:20 PM »

They also thought the Rams, 49ers, and Lions were going to be awful. Guess what....they were!

That wasnt very hard to predict. I thought that too and Im no "expert".

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
« #43 : April 19, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »

That way if we don't fare well this year we have a top 5-10 pick next year in a QB heavy draft to fill that need

Not really. We would end up with either Tebow or Bradford with that kind of pick. And both of them of have issues.

Spin is however you want, but next years class with Colt McCoy and Bradford will be MUCH better than this years class, IMO.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 19, 2009, 02:53:37 PM »

That wasnt very hard to predict. I thought that too and Im no "expert".

Exactly. The expert's track record in predicting the Super Bowl winner is terrible. But they are pretty good at predicting who will suck.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cummings: Freeman widely believed to be on Bucs draft radar « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools