Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I was told from day one they want me.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

LFO

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 19, 2009, 02:10:04 AM

Listened to John Clayton and a couple others on ESPN radio show today. All three guys talked as if Leftwich is the starter and it's a foregone conclusion. Just think if Leftwich is starting then we're in the same boat as with Gruden/Allen in that no one has any idea if McCown can get the job done and he won't get the chance. Practice and training camp mean only about 20% if you ask me. It's what happens in games where he will sink or swim. Hope he at least gets the chance.

I think a lot of things (both good and bad) will come to light soon about Gruden/Allen that many wrote them off on.  I think some picks will pan out, and some decisions (see McCown) will become justified. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 19, 2009, 06:26:20 AM

Gruden chose experience over everything else and it got him fired. I believe Raheem and Jag will be a little more objective. Luke is more accurate and mobile than Byron, and has a quicker release. Byron has more experience and that is the only category that he has a clear advantage. Arm strength and field vision are lesser factors. In a QB driven league Byron wasn't exactly flooded with offers. That indicates to me that teams know his strengths and weaknesses and don't consider him as competition for their starter. Since Luke is still somewhat of an unknown quantity (thanks to Gruden), Byron is a viable option here. I hope to see Luke win the job because he is clearly the better QB, not just because I believe he is. A mobile QB, with so many options to run or throw to, has to give DCs nightmares.

I'm tired of rejects and castoffs from other teams. Luke has been here long enough that I feel like the Bucs just drafted him from the Browns. He's learned most of what he knows here, and I'd like to see him succeed here.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 19, 2009, 11:26:46 AM

I agree with all you say....but to me, if so, why give Luke the money?  Why sign him to the deal we did? 

Protection.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 19, 2009, 11:31:25 AM

I hope to see Luke win the job because he is clearly the better QB, not just because I believe he is. A mobile QB, with so many options to run or throw to, has to give DCs nightmares.

Clearly? What is clear about him being better? His handful of starts where he underperformed the average QB playing the same lousy defenses? Did his years of holding the clipboard show you his crazy skills?

If mobility is your biggest critieria let's go get Vick. I'd rather have the smart QB anyday over the athletic one. Brad Johnson > Mike Vick. LM's problem is that he gets sacked at a horrible rate and you can't have your QB being dumb - RobJohn has a great comp %  because he'd just get sacked rather than throw the ball away.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 19, 2009, 11:34:09 AM

Luke lacks pocket feel and isn't a quick-thinker. Can those things be improved? I'm not sure.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 19, 2009, 11:39:18 AM

Luke lacks pocket feel and isn't a quick-thinker. Can those things be improved? I'm not sure.
Exactly how I feel

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 19, 2009, 11:40:06 AM

No!  Third string QBs rule!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 19, 2009, 01:50:46 PM

You are purportedly there, you have indicated access - and you don't know.  If they wanted protection so to a drug store, if they didn't keep Luke to let him compete - well there has a been a lot of commissions and omissions that have made no sense - so why be bothered by one more...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 19, 2009, 02:01:52 PM

Pretty much any quarterback that has started less than a half of a season will lack pocket feel and quick decision-making. Those are the two things that develop with game experience. The bullets fly a lot faster and the schemes are much more complex in the NFL. The smarter teams will bring along a new quarterback with a run-oriented offense that doesn't require the QB to throw for 30+ passes a game from the get-go (e.g. Atlanta, Baltimore), as opposed to the Bucs (Bucs vs. Giants, Bruce Gradkowski 48 pass attempts in  30-mile/hr. winds)

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 19, 2009, 02:07:21 PM

It is time for guys to step up and play very soon - Luke will or won't - I hope he does well - bc I have no affinity for Leftwich. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#40 : April 19, 2009, 03:48:51 PM

It is time for guys to step up and play very soon - Luke will or won't - I hope he does well - bc I have no affinity for Leftwich.

NONE, ZILCH, NADA!!!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 19, 2009, 04:13:30 PM

NONE, ZILCH, NADA!!!

What in the world was that - didja have a spasm or something?  Oh, I get it - a contest for words meaning no... gotcha... how about zip, zippo, zero, not a bit (iota, for a single minute/second all fit) - glad to help...

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#42 : April 20, 2009, 10:30:35 AM

We have 3 back-up QB's and a 6th round rookie competing to start, what else can we ask for???

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 20, 2009, 12:07:20 PM

We have 3 back-up QB's and a 6th round rookie competing to start, what else can we ask for???

Who's the 6th round rookie? Do you mean a 5th round draft pick in his second year? Oh, I get it now. You must have been talking about the 2000 Patriots....Brady was a 6th round rookie.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I was told from day one they want me.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools