Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst rule in the NFL - Grads personal foul face mask « previous next »
Page: 1 2

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: October 15, 2006, 10:37:27 PM

I heard Gannon say "a penalties a penalty" but......

The ball clearly hit the ground, how the refs missed it is beyond me. This runback shouldn't be happening but so be it, Grads pulls the guy down by his facemask.

My questions are; How can this penalty stand when that portion of the game was overturned by replay? If the play is overturned, shouldn't everything after the reviewed part of the play be nullified??? It doesn't make logical sense to me, please help me.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 15, 2006, 10:38:53 PM

Doesn't matter, it's not a "game related" foul, it's a personal foul.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#2 : October 15, 2006, 10:43:06 PM

The ball clearly hit the ground, how the refs missed it is beyond me. This runback shouldn't be happening but so be it, Grads pulls the guy down by his facemask.

My questions are; How can this penalty stand when that portion of the game was overturned by replay? If the play is overturned, shouldn't everything after the reviewed part of the play be nullified??? It doesn't make logical sense to me, please help me.

I agree with you KeepON, the penalty should have been nullified if the play was overturned. It makes no sense to me. There are many rules that truly need to be re-evaluated and modified.

YOUR SIG IS JUST TOO OVERWHELMING.

Badbud8

Second String

#3 : October 15, 2006, 11:18:50 PM

Personal Fouls, are always Called.   

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 15, 2006, 11:28:04 PM

Agree.

#5 : October 15, 2006, 11:28:13 PM

Not only that, but they put time back on the clock. If you can erase the time lapse, then the facemask should be erased as well.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 15, 2006, 11:36:34 PM

The call by the official was not "missed". The play was called an interception on the field, and the play was not blown dead. Therefore, the play was officially still underway. The call was not overturned (reversed) until the action of the play was already completed. By rule, a personal foul can even be called in a dead ball situation when there is no football play involved.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 15, 2006, 11:39:02 PM

Not only that, but they put time back on the clock. If you can erase the time lapse, then the facemask should be erased as well.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, particularly in the case of a personal foul. If it did, when a defensive lineman jumps offsides before the snap, the center could snap the ball and then each of the offensive linemen could then poke all of the defensive linemen in the eyes.

ABN

Starter
#8 : October 16, 2006, 11:43:55 AM

I wish "keeponbucn" would remove his sisters picture we have seen it enough.

coopsxx

Starter
#9 : October 16, 2006, 11:51:34 AM

i thought it was a bad call, but you do all make sense, it's harsh though. Nice to see the fury of bruce

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 16, 2006, 12:13:31 PM

I wish "keeponbucn" would remove his sisters picture we have seen it enough.

Blasphemy!

goto11

Starter
#11 : October 16, 2006, 02:27:10 PM

Just because there is no play doesn't mean there is no foul.  A personal foul can be called on any player (or even the bench) at any time, whether the clock is moving or not.  It was a blatant facemask and needed to be called.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 16, 2006, 02:38:02 PM

Just because there is no play doesn't mean there is no foul. A personal foul can be called on any player (or even the bench) at any time, whether the clock is moving or not. It was a blatant facemask and needed to be called.

I get it but if the play shouldn't have happened then the PF should be nullified. It's not logical, in my mind, for the penalty to go through. If you put time back on the clock but don't nullify the penalty then this magical PF happened in the matrix of time. If the refs made the obivous call to begin with the penalty doesn't happen, play doesn't happen. It's clear the ball hit the f-ing ground! I was watching on the tube and knew it right away, couldn't believe they were letting Cinci run it back.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2006, 02:43:34 PM

I get it but if the play shouldn't have happened then the PF should be nullified. It's not logical, in my mind, for the penalty to go through.

A play doesn't HAVE to happen for them to penalize a team for a personal foul. A player could be flagged for a personal fould during a timeout.

T

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 16, 2006, 02:45:44 PM

That sucks since the Personal Foul only occured because, of the INT, which wasn't a INT.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worst rule in the NFL - Grads personal foul face mask « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools