Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris wants to become Kingpin of controlled chaos « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 23, 2009, 12:01:26 AM

we're going to score touchdowns...i majored in madden...kingpin of controlled chaos

Thanks for the line.  I just added it to my sig.  ;)

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#16 : April 23, 2009, 02:37:50 AM

Too bad Raheem didn't coach his defensive backs that way last year or the Bucs might have won one of those last 4 games.

The DL collapsed last year not the secondary. The secondary was 4th ranked pass defense in the NFL last year...What were you watching bro?

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 23, 2009, 11:09:11 AM

Seriously?  To say Brooks was not "physical enough" is just plain ignorant. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 23, 2009, 11:21:11 AM

Too bad Raheem didn't coach his defensive backs that way last year or the Bucs might have won one of those last 4 games.

I know you're just trying to get people to respond to your nonsense - congrats, you got me. But even you aren't this ridiculous. 

#1 Our DBs are some of the hardest hitters on the team. If anyone embodies what Raheem wants to do its Tanard Jackson

#2 Our pass defense was hardly the problem - it was our run defense. And if CBs and Safeties are making tackles for you - something's wrong in the front seven.

And yes, I know we shaded down the strong safety to support the run and Sabby missed some tackles and misread some plays - that's what happens when you're young and don't know what you're doing - Jermaine was no different his first year as a starter after John Lynch was dumped.

But before you lay the blame for the collapse at Raheem's feet - lets talk about Kiff's lack of blitzing and lack of adjustments when the weaknesses were exposed. Lets talk about playing practice squad and 4th string guys at DT because of injuries. Let's talk about how this defense has ranked in the top ten in pass defense every year he's been DB coach...and that was without a good pass rush.

Come on, dude...try harder.

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#19 : April 23, 2009, 11:40:50 AM

Seriously? To say Brooks was not "physical enough" is just plain ignorant.

Im a fan of Brooks but never considered him physical...more finesse

Did he make physical plays?  Of course.  But I dont think any player would say when they played D Brooks, they were worried about his physicality.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 23, 2009, 11:43:49 AM

I like the sound of this.

!!

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#21 : April 23, 2009, 11:48:59 AM

Heres what I think happens.

The bucs start slow this year because they are learning everything. Where to be in their positions, how to actually punish their opponents the best way, and how they are going to score touchdowns. I think there is a plan, but it will take time to execute it perfectly to where we are dominant. We will lose this year because we will be still learning and putting the foundations up. Fans like Sandman and Java will say, I told you so and all that junk, calling for him to be fired. Other fans will think the same way. Then when the team starts to understand it, just play, and not have to think so much. The wins will start adding up. Of course the fans will still stick by their ways of hating the head coach and hate him for every loss. Start up "fire raheem morris" threads every time we lose. Unfortunately for them, the team starts to be a winning team again. Raheem Morris becomes one of the most respectful coaches because he was patient and didnt let his ego get to him. Just grew the team to his vision of being a tough competitive team, that eventually gets us deep into the playoffs and a shot at another super bowl.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 23, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

Enough about last year - I'm interested in how this philosophy applies to our draft.  Are their players being linked to the Bucs that conflict with this general philosphy? If there are, maybe that's a clue.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 23, 2009, 12:02:43 PM

Did he make physical plays? Of course. But I dont think any player would say when they played D Brooks, they were worried about his physicality.

Just off the top of my head, Rich Gannon and Michael Vick would disagree with you...

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 23, 2009, 12:41:16 PM

Did he make physical plays? Of course. But I dont think any player would say when they played D Brooks, they were worried about his physicality.

Just off the top of my head, Rich Gannon and Michael Vick would disagree with you...

Brooks in his prime was a physical football player, imho. He was FAR from his prime in 2008.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 23, 2009, 12:57:30 PM

The DL collapsed last year not the secondary. The secondary was 4th ranked pass defense in the NFL last year...What were you watching bro?

Your opponent has no need to pass when they are running the ball right up the gut for 300 yards a game.    Sure the front 7 is first line of defense.   But the secondary missed a heck of a lot of tackles.   Especially Barber.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 23, 2009, 12:59:14 PM

So again the front seven was ran all over?

hoodsbucs

Pro Bowler
#27 : April 23, 2009, 01:01:18 PM

Besides that one play with Gannon back in 04 and containing Vick in 02, could you name any other games in which he physicality really stood out....im sorry I cant.   

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 23, 2009, 01:07:42 PM

And that's when he was a lot younger.

Last 2 years, meh.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 23, 2009, 02:10:55 PM

Besides that one play with Gannon back in 04 and containing Vick in 02, could you name any other games in which he physicality really stood out....im sorry I cant.   

How about that game against the Bills where Brooks admits to losing his cool when Moulds says he's overrated?   Brooks totally loses it and is all over the field in that one.  He had 20 tackles that game.   
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Morris wants to become Kingpin of controlled chaos « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools