Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Freeman factor « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: April 24, 2009, 06:32:15 PM

Seriously, lets put all the hate or love for Freeman aside. Would there be anyone on this board that would not be AT LEAST a little excited about the POSSIBILITY of a franchise QB?

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 24, 2009, 06:34:26 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do. He has the factors to be good

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 24, 2009, 06:39:40 PM

I think he is a project.......just my $0.02

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 24, 2009, 07:00:05 PM

Potential franchise QB is always gonna be exciting. I mean heck folks are jacked about Luke McCown so pretty much anyone should charge their jets.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 24, 2009, 07:06:20 PM

Potential franchise QB is always gonna be exciting. I mean heck folks are jacked about Luke McCown so pretty much anyone should charge their jets.
Yeah, and the guy has a piece a meat for brains. Yet pro-cown's don't realize that.

Honestly, most of the pieces are in place so it really wouldn't take MUCH for Freeman to succeed here. He may be asked to a win a game or two on individual performances. Heck probably more than that in the first year.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 24, 2009, 07:07:42 PM

a franchise QB  is what we have lacked  for years you have to take a chance on a guy sooner or later

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 24, 2009, 07:11:02 PM

I just think that even people that hate Freeman would have to be excited about what it MIGHT be. Not saying he is gonna be great or even good, just the possibility is exciting for me.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 24, 2009, 07:15:39 PM

I just think that even people that hate Freeman would have to be excited about what it MIGHT be. Not saying he is gonna be great or even good, just the possibility is exciting for me.

Like I said, I don't like him based on what I know but I recall how exciting Dilfer was right down to the cover on the (then) Buccaneer Magazine with him standing tall and tossing the ball at the old practice field. People will get excited for him especially becuase he's gonna look great in the 7 on 7 stuff for example.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 24, 2009, 07:25:03 PM

I would rather move a 3rd for Campbell, keep our first and get defensive help than take Freeman. 

Freeman is a poor mans Campbell in my opinion....

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 24, 2009, 07:26:07 PM

Like I said, I don't like him based on what I know but I recall how exciting Dilfer was right down to the cover on the (then) Buccaneer Magazine with him standing tall and tossing the ball at the old practice field. People will get excited for him especially becuase he's gonna look great in the 7 on 7 stuff for example.

I agree. Just stating that i get butterflies in my tummy when I think about a franchise qb.  ;D

LFO

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 24, 2009, 07:27:38 PM

I agree. Just stating that i get butterflies in my tummy when I think about a franchise qb.  ;D

I do as well, but I don't think Freeman is going to be a franchise QB so I don't get excited for him.

kevinmills

Second String

#11 : April 24, 2009, 07:30:10 PM

Andy Staples of SI.com

"Josh Freeman, QB, Kansas State

With the exception of a 478-yard explosion that came on a day when Oklahoma raced to a 28-7 first-quarter lead, Freeman put up awful numbers against the Wildcats' best opponents. Freeman has all the physical tools, but he never made his team that much better. Compare that to a Matt Ryan, who obviously made his Boston College teams better and then did the same thing for the Atlanta Falcons."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/04/22/overrated.underrated/1.html

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 24, 2009, 07:31:24 PM

No...I would not be excited at all.

Because regardless of what we do in the draft this year, we are going to have a marginal season at best and theres no reason in blowing a chance to grab a better prospect and more talented QB in Bradford or McCoy or Snead then this pathetic reach.

I am not a fan on Freeman and I never will be.

He has more hype around him then Robert Ayers.

What the HELL has this guy done to make his team a winner?

All the talent in the world means nothing if it doesn't translate to wins.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 24, 2009, 07:54:02 PM

Did Freeman have anyone of note at all to throw to at KS?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 24, 2009, 07:57:31 PM

No...I would not be excited at all.

Because regardless of what we do in the draft this year, we are going to have a marginal season at best and theres no reason in blowing a chance to grab a better prospect and more talented QB in Bradford or McCoy or Snead then this pathetic reach.

I am not a fan on Freeman and I never will be.

He has more hype around him then Robert Ayers.

What the HELL has this guy done to make his team a winner?

All the talent in the world means nothing if it doesn't translate to wins.

Spread offense QBs...talk about red flags? How can you predict what the scouts thoughts will be of these players next year? The scouts change their minds daily. The next year talk is what got Gruden fired. I would still be excited

Much rather see Freeman over Harvin.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Freeman factor « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools