Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Freeman factor « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 24, 2009, 07:57:59 PM

Did Freeman have anyone of note at all to throw to at KS?

Jordy and Yamon 2 and 3 years ago

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 24, 2009, 07:59:02 PM

a franchise QB  is what we have lacked  for years you have to take a chance on a guy sooner or later

No one wants to take the chance. They always say "wait till next year" hoping a player like Peyton Manning falls in our laps. That doesn't happen.

Kurt Warner and Tom Brady were both gambles. There was a time when people thought neither could make it in this league.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 24, 2009, 08:54:42 PM

Because regardless of what we do in the draft this year, we are going to have a marginal season at best and theres no reason in blowing a chance to grab a better prospect and more talented QB in Bradford or McCoy or Snead then this pathetic reach.

Why are any of those guys better prospects? You've got a bunch of inflated spread offense QB's. McCoy is a dink n' dunk guy who I don't think throws balls more than 10 yards down the field. Bradford is slight and might not have the fastest reads going. Snead is a career 55% passer in college. See, if we want to they can be bad the guys NEXT year will really rock.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : April 24, 2009, 10:06:17 PM

I just think that even people that hate Freeman would have to be excited about what it MIGHT be. Not saying he is gonna be great or even good, just the possibility is exciting for me.
I agree with that, Freeman would be an exciting pick, he could definitely be that guy, and that is definitely something to get pumped about.

However if we pass on him, I'm willing to accept that too.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 24, 2009, 10:35:38 PM

You've got a bunch of inflated spread offense QB's.

I don't care about how much more other QB's in that conference got it done, I care about how a supposed first round QB couldn't get it done against those same defenses.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 24, 2009, 11:07:56 PM

Because regardless of what we do in the draft this year, we are going to have a marginal season at best and theres no reason in blowing a chance to grab a better prospect and more talented QB in Bradford or McCoy or Snead then this pathetic reach.

Why are any of those guys better prospects? You've got a bunch of inflated spread offense QB's. McCoy is a dink n' dunk guy who I don't think throws balls more than 10 yards down the field. Bradford is slight and might not have the fastest reads going. Snead is a career 55% passer in college. See, if we want to they can be bad the guys NEXT year will really rock.
It doesn't necessarily have to be those guys, but history shows the quarterbacks often available at #10-12 (assuming the Bucs go 6-10 in 2009) can be much better than at #19.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 24, 2009, 11:10:57 PM

It doesn't necessarily have to be those guys, but history shows the quarterbacks often available at #10-12 (assuming the Bucs go 6-10 in 2009) can be much better than at #19.

don't get me wrong, I'm not a Freeman fan but if the staff believes in Freeman then that's the right pick more than trying to wait for next year and hope one of the good ones falls into your lap.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 24, 2009, 11:19:01 PM

Chances are we will be picking high next year.  Just being a realist.  So we should get our pick of the litter, or at least a better shot at it.....

#23 : April 24, 2009, 11:23:38 PM

I would be happy with the pick, but really depends who we left on the board.

Why is so many people jocking next years draft? You would rather take a chance on a spread offense Qb, rather than someone who played in a pro offense and have ZERO talent around him?

BucsnBoltsFan

Starter
#24 : April 24, 2009, 11:26:37 PM

I really just want a player who can help us now, either dline or cb imo!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 24, 2009, 11:29:14 PM

Gawd, can you imagine the craziness when Tebow enters the draft?

We all thought the Percy crap was annoying, but that will be un-friggin-real...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 24, 2009, 11:29:21 PM

I would be happy with the pick, but really depends who we left on the board.

Why is so many people jocking next years draft? You would rather take a chance on a spread offense Qb, rather than someone who played in a pro offense and have ZERO talent around him?

Or, I would rather take a chance on a guy who we are not sure can play in a pro style offense over a guy we know can't.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 24, 2009, 11:31:41 PM

Gawd, can you imagine the craziness when Tebow enters the draft?

We all thought the Percy crap was annoying, but that will be un-friggin-real...

LOL

I am going to hibernate next year. 

But really though, there were more people bringing Percy up not UF fans than were.  I never started a Percy thread, all I did was try and level off some of the rumors and things I felt were a bit twisted.  He does have his warts, no question. But some rumors were a little far fetched IMO.  Even then, I would cringe each time I saw a new thread.

I don't even want to deal with the Tebow stuff.  There is going to be so much crap, it won't be worth it. He'll have his day on the field IMO.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 24, 2009, 11:40:48 PM

...well, at least with Saint Tebow, and YES, he is a saint, all the talk will be about his odd throwing motion, and wether he is a hybrid TE/QB/LB, and not wether he snorted coke, got drunk at the local watering hole and slapped a ho...the man ia a great dude. 

Cannot wait to see the twelve trillion threads though...should be unique.  In a non-unique fashion, of course.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 24, 2009, 11:44:52 PM

...well, at least with Saint Tebow, and YES, he is a saint, all the talk will be about his odd throwing motion, and wether he is a hybrid TE/QB/LB, and not wether he snorted coke, got drunk at the local watering hole and slapped a ho...the man ia a great dude. 

Cannot wait to see the twelve trillion threads though...should be unique.  In a non-unique fashion, of course.

My biggest problem these days is the internet and tv and talking heads everywhere,

Pretty much NOBODY has their own opinion anymore.  People hear Kiper on TV saying so and so can't hack it, or BLANK has to change positions, or whatever...take it for scripture and then go around the internet on every message board spreading it like gospel...like it is true, fact, and is going to happen. 

People say they watch "film" but reality is 95% listen to McShay/Kiper or whatever other dillweed is on TV or read his column, then go around acting like they are .....well, Kiper.....

By the way...I have seen Tebow's "new" throwing motion and so far it looks much better and quicker. No, it still isn't 100% perfect, but if early indications are any evidence of what Loeffler can do, Tebow is going to surprise people...again. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Freeman factor « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools