Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your top 3 Bucs picks only. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 24, 2009, 10:51:24 PM »

I'll say it again, Jenkins is a safety. Way too slow to be a CB in the NFL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #16 : April 24, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »

I know that Gruden said the BUcs would take the corner from Ohio State, so you can cross that off the list one hundo percent.

i thought he said Alphonso Smith from wake forest
Malcolm Jenkins...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fef85a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true
thanks for that link.  Very interesting.  Gruden also said he thought the Bucs would like Alphonso Smith.
All I can say is Steve Mariucci is not GM material.  Gruden was pretty good.  So was Charlie Casserly.
Agree that Mooch is just what he is.  Mooch.  The name should scare anyone from wanting him alone.

Gruden is solid, he understands football, and I do not blame him for the drafts entirely.

Casserly was a GM, and when he picked Mario over Bush, he was essentially fired for it.  Casserly strikes me as a huge geek, but he made the right decision, and I am sure the Texans regret what they did in being so hasty...

Mario was an awesome pick.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 24, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

Casserly was a GM, and when he picked Mario over Bush, he was essentially fired for it.  Casserly strikes me as a huge geek, but he made the right decision, and I am sure the Texans regret what they did in being so hasty...

The pick should have been easy- pass rusher > running back in all (ok 99%) cases. The only reason Bush was in the running was that people were going bonkers calling him Gayle Sayers.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #18 : April 24, 2009, 11:20:16 PM »

doesn't sound like Mayock would think Ziggy Hood would be a good fit here.

"I've watched a lot of tape on him, and the league take on him is that he's an up-the-field one-gap penetrator with a lot of skills. But in the run game he struggles. If the game were played on skates, he'd be an All-Pro. The knock on him is the run game..."

The Q

Pro Bowler

« #19 : April 24, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »

Jenkins will be gone to the Saints...the BUCS have no shot at getting him.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

« #20 : April 24, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »

All the hate on Jenkins because of his forty is stupid. Plenty of CBs ran around that same time. Him at #19 would be a steal.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #21 : April 24, 2009, 11:33:44 PM »

Casserly was a GM, and when he picked Mario over Bush, he was essentially fired for it. �Casserly strikes me as a huge geek, but he made the right decision, and I am sure the Texans regret what they did in being so hasty...

The pick should have been easy- pass rusher > running back in all (ok 99%) cases. The only reason Bush was in the running was that people were going bonkers calling him Gayle Sayers.
One would think that.  Casserly understands the nature of the game, and the trenchwork that makes an average team excellent...not saying he was the most impressive of draft gurus to have ever existed, but he was very correct in picking Williams, teams were quick to jump on him saying Bush was the obvious choice, and Young was a hometown hero who should have received consideration for that alone.  In the end, Williams is a Casserly guy, and for every sack he notches, Casserly gets one more cool point.  He should be pretty cool in about 3 years...

Larry Brackins

Starter
« #22 : April 24, 2009, 11:35:24 PM »

DE: Larry English
CB: Mike Mickens
WR: Mike Wallace

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #23 : April 24, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »

DE: Larry English
CB: Mike Mickens
WR: Mike Wallace
You should give some credit.

goonie4

Practice Squad

« #24 : April 25, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »

Assuming we trade down  and grab a second rounder ...

DE - Michael Johnson
WR - Louis Murphy
DT - Sammie Lee Hill
CB - Keenan Lewis

If we don't trade down ...

CB - Vontae Davis
DT - Sammie Lee Hill
WR - Michael Wallace

Would rather trade down to get another pick, but either of those scenarios I would be excited about!!

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 25, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »

Johnson...man...I don't know what to think about that guy. 

He is a physical freak. I cannot remember which one said it, but one of the premier tackles this year stated that the most difficult DE he had to play against was Michael Johnson. Said that Johnsons length, speed and power were overwhelming.

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

« #26 : April 25, 2009, 12:27:39 AM »

He is a physical freak. I cannot remember which one said it, but one of the premier tackles this year stated that the most difficult DE he had to play against was Michael Johnson. Said that Johnsons length, speed and power were overwhelming.

Good Eugene Monroe vs. Michael Johnson breakdown from their matchup.

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/1/nfl_draft_eugene_monroe_vs_michael_johnson/

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #27 : April 25, 2009, 02:08:30 AM »

All the hate on Jenkins because of his forty is stupid. Plenty of CBs ran around that same time. Him at #19 would be a steal.

If you watch him play, he plays like a ballhawking FS. I dont think its his 40 time that makes him a safety, its his stiff hips that do that. He makes up for it with exceptional recognition and he is a playmaker. The guy is a FS, simple as that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #28 : April 25, 2009, 02:12:10 AM »

Good Eugene Monroe vs. Michael Johnson breakdown from their matchup.

http://draftguys.com/index.php/articles/1/nfl_draft_eugene_monroe_vs_michael_johnson/
Nice link.  Thank you.

LA BUC

Starter

« #29 : April 25, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »

1. Rey Maualuga LB USC
2. Jarrod Gilbert  DE San Jose
3. Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your top 3 Bucs picks only. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools