Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Gators win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 03, 2009, 10:28:01 PM

I love this thread.

A cane fan arguing a preseason schedule... hey Oregon plays the #2 in the country UTAH... thats HUGE DUDE, I mean they finished that...

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#16 : May 03, 2009, 10:42:19 PM

When was there pre season in CFB?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : May 03, 2009, 10:45:44 PM

we open against 4 top 25 teams you guys open against scrub schools is that suppose to impress a cane fan. My goddness if we had Florida's schedule we'd be a shoe in for a bcs game too lol

what a joke ive seen better competition at the Bronson Speedway lmao

you open against 4 top 25 teams... most schools play 4 top 25 teams at some point. Big deal.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#18 : May 04, 2009, 12:07:16 AM

perfection when have the gators been perfect

i should say paper champs

but even congress said take out the C and its

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2009, 11:16:33 AM

but even congress said take out the C and its

and its...??

I guess mom came in his room and made him do his homework for remedial engrish.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#20 : May 05, 2009, 08:21:25 AM

and its...??

I guess mom came in his room and made him do his homework for remedial engrish.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-bcschampionship-congress&prov=ap&type=lgns

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 05, 2009, 01:18:00 PM

heres why the gators will win. They return everyone on defense, and Tim Tebow

Im not by any means an SEC fan (as most know), but I also can respect it and be pretty objective. If you dont think the Gators deserve to be #1 or #2 going into the year your a moron. Doesnt mean they will finish that high...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : May 05, 2009, 01:40:09 PM

Im not by any means an SEC fan (as most know), but I also can respect it and be pretty objective. If you dont think the Gators deserve to be #1 or #2 going into the year your a moron. Doesnt mean they will finish that high...

Add to that they have one of the easiest SEC schedules they have ever had. Tenn is in rebuild mode, Ga is starting a new QB, RB, WRs, won't see Bama until (maybe) the CG, the biggest test is at LSU. The biggest challenge is avoiding complacency, which almost killed them last year (Ole Miss), and did kill USC.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 05, 2009, 01:53:41 PM

Add to that they have one of the easiest SEC schedules they have ever had. Tenn is in rebuild mode, Ga is starting a new QB, RB, WRs, won't see Bama until (maybe) the CG, the biggest test is at LSU. The biggest challenge is avoiding complacency, which almost killed them last year (Ole Miss), and did kill USC.

I agree.

Ole Miss and Oregon State turned out to be pretty good teams. I think its more surprising Ole Miss went to Florida won, wasnt very surprising looking back USC lost on the road on a Thursday night game to a pretty decent team.

Ole Miss and OSU were better then people expect at the times of these losses, but in all reality shouldnt have been that surprising

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#24 : May 05, 2009, 02:08:44 PM

Florida has a great chance to repeat this year then they'll flop to the middle and be that other team in the state again.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : May 05, 2009, 02:37:05 PM

I agree.

Ole Miss and Oregon State turned out to be pretty good teams. I think its more surprising Ole Miss went to Florida won, wasnt very surprising looking back USC lost on the road on a Thursday night game to a pretty decent team.

Ole Miss and OSU were better then people expect at the times of these losses, but in all reality shouldnt have been that surprising

Both Ole Miss and OSU get very little Press. No one outside of Oregon or Mississippi knew much about them. Also both were classic trap games. USC had just beaten Ohio State and had Oregon and ASU coming up. UF had just beaten UT (yeah they sucked last year, but traditionally they are a strong team) and had LSU coming up.

This year Florida has to be weary of Arkansas and MSU which are sandwiched between @LSU and Georgia. Probably good games to bet on if UF is a huge favorite.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 05, 2009, 03:21:12 PM

The biggest challenge is avoiding complacency

I'm calling Arkansas as the sleeper-scare this season.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : May 05, 2009, 04:07:10 PM

I agree.

Both Ole Miss and OSU get very little Press. No one outside of Oregon or Mississippi knew much about them. Also both were classic trap games. USC had just beaten Ohio State and had Oregon and ASU coming up. UF had just beaten UT (yeah they sucked last year, but traditionally they are a strong team) and had LSU coming up.

This year Florida has to be weary of Arkansas and MSU which are sandwiched between @LSU and Georgia. Probably good games to bet on if UF is a huge favorite.

I agree.

But USC will have at least 2 losses this year... so it shouldnt surprise anyone when it happens.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 05, 2009, 04:26:45 PM

But USC will have at least 2 losses this year... so it shouldnt surprise anyone when it happens.

Which two?

@OSU Buckeyes
@ Cal
@ Oregon
@ ASU

and NOT @ ND

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : May 05, 2009, 04:33:12 PM

Which two?

@OSU Buckeyes
@ Cal
@ Oregon
@ ASU

and NOT @ ND

@ Cal/@OSU If Best goes off they are done, OSU will be tough on the road.
@ Oregon dont see how Oregon on ESPN on Halloween night loses.

So Id say this year they lose 2.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the Gators win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools