Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Football future's Mock draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: February 02, 2007, 08:07:12 AM

Not bad but many here will not like it

1) Calvin Johnson (passing on Joe Thomas)
2a) Lamar Woodley (Passing on Demarcus "Tank" Tyler/Adam Carriker)
2b) Marcus Thomas ( My steal of the draft but a little high at 2b)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 02, 2007, 08:54:48 AM

No way we're gonna pass on Thomas and Carriker.  I can see the offensive staff going all nuts about Calvin but Woodley over Carriker sure ain't gonna happen.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#2 : February 02, 2007, 09:29:03 AM

Thats just a bad mock for the Bucs. Going after Woodley over Carriker is passing on Anderson for Jenkins all over again. Carriker would be a better pass rusher than Woodley who is most likely gonna end up being an LB. I won't even talk about CJ over Thomas.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#3 : February 02, 2007, 10:12:01 AM

Johnson may just be a better prospect than Thomas. That point gets passed over by the people that see a LT in our range.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 02, 2007, 10:14:18 AM

Johnson may just be a better prospect than Thomas. That point gets passed over by the people that see a LT in our range.

Exactly.  While I would prefer Thomas simply because of the position that he plays, I would still be thrilled with Johnson who is the better player.  Hell, he might be the best prospect of the last 5 drafts.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 02, 2007, 10:20:11 AM

Exactly.  While I would prefer Thomas simply because of the position that he plays, I would still be thrilled with Johnson who is the better player.  Hell, he might be the best prospect of the last 5 drafts.

While I like Calvin isn't there one WR like him almost every year?

2005 Braylon Edwards (3) was big, fast, can't miss.
2004 LFitz (3) was a Calvin level player at the time.
2003 Charles Rodgers (2) and Andre Johnson (3)  were viewed with much the same awe.
2001 David Terell (7)  was a stud player
2000 Peter Warrick (4)
1999 Tory Holt (6)

I'm not trying to argue that he's not a good player becuase some of these cats are really good but people look at him like something that's never been before and in simple fact he's a big, fast dude and that isn't all that rare.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#6 : February 02, 2007, 10:20:16 AM

Exactly. While I would prefer Thomas simply because of the position that he plays, I would still be thrilled with Johnson who is the better player. Hell, he might be the best prospect of the last 5 drafts.

Is he this years Reggie Bush...but the needs of teams above us just drops him to us?
I am still thinking there is a chance Oakland snags him #1....especially with the Moss problems

#7 : February 02, 2007, 10:23:33 AM

Exactly. While I would prefer Thomas simply because of the position that he plays, I would still be thrilled with Johnson who is the better player. Hell, he might be the best prospect of the last 5 drafts.

2003 Charles Rodgers (2) and Andre Johnson (3) were viewed with much the same awe.
2001 David Terell (7) was a stud player
2000 Peter Warrick (4)
1999 Tory Holt (6)

I'm not trying to argue that he's not a good player becuase some of these cats are really good but people look at him like something that's never been before and in simple fact he's a big, fast dude and that isn't all that rare.

I wasnt sold on Braylan Edwards or Terrell
I knew Fitz was going to be a stud
Charles Rodgers/ Andre Johnson were ?
Warrick just wasnt a NFL WR
Holt is a monster

My guess is that CJ if he goes here will be a great WR because he has a systm that wil utilize his skills to the fullest...where in a lot of those other WR didnt have the talent to surround them with....

Shag

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 02, 2007, 10:24:58 AM

2003 Charles Rodgers (2) and Andre Johnson (3)  were viewed with much the same awe.
2001 David Terell (7)  was a stud player
2000 Peter Warrick (4)
1999 Tory Holt (6)

Fitzgerald was the closest player to how Johnson is being talked about, and he turned out real good.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 02, 2007, 10:25:10 AM

Is he this years Reggie Bush...but the needs of teams above us just drops him to us?
I am still thinking there is a chance Oakland snags him #1....especially with the Moss problems

He's better than Reggie Bush.  There is a possibility that Oakland takes him #1.  I can't see how they could possibly bring Moss or Porter back.  However, that team has so many needs on offense that it's hard to say which way they'll go.  I think they should take Russell.  If your line can't protect the QB, draft a QB that the defense can't tackle.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 02, 2007, 10:28:57 AM

Fitzgerald was the closest player to how Johnson is being talked about, and he turned out real good.

He is good but he's also not transcendent either. People talk about Calvin in sort of breathless terms like he's an unheard of prospect when he's just one in a long line of big WR's several of whom LFitz, Johnson, Holt and even Edwards I think are really productive guys.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 02, 2007, 10:36:12 AM

He is good but he's also not transcendent either. People talk about Calvin in sort of breathless terms like he's an unheard of prospect when he's just one in a long line of big WR's several of whom LFitz, Johnson, Holt and even Edwards I think are really productive guys.

He's a better prospect than all of those guys.  I read one scouting report that compared him to Fitzgerald only because that was the closest thing, but that Johnson was better in every aspect of the game than Fitzgerald.  And you can see it on the field.  So I would say that yes, he is transcendent.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#12 : February 02, 2007, 10:36:36 AM

That's because of his size and speed. None of those guys are as big as Johnson.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 02, 2007, 10:56:38 AM

That's because of his size and speed. None of those guys are as big as Johnson.

Be careful on that, no one has actually measured him and LFitz, RoyW and several of those guys shrunk 2 inches between college and the combine ;)

watson

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 02, 2007, 11:02:22 AM

No way we're gonna pass on Thomas and Carriker. I can see the offensive staff going all nuts about Calvin but Woodley over Carriker sure ain't gonna happen.
Dal,
I'm with you on this one.  How do players like Holt, TO, etc get a chance to catch the ball......the QB is upright and can deliver it and/or the running game is working well enough that they have to roll up the defense to stop it.  I just don't see how you take a player that is going to touch the ball 8 to 10 times a game versus someone like Thomas that has an impact on every offensive play and can make players like Stovall look very good because of how they protect the QB or open up running lanes for the RBs.

And Carriker really showed a lot at the Sr Bowl.  It appeared that Monte and Coyer really liked him and they know what they are getting after the week in Mobile.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WOW Football future's Mock draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools