Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tell me why.... « previous next »
Page: 1

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

: April 25, 2009, 06:48:58 PM

We brought McCown back, signed Leftwich, and yet we draft Josh Freeman.
He's not even gonna start for a year or two.
We could have drafted a DE who could have came in day 1 and made an impact.
Or a WR like Maclin or Harivn who could have been another weapon for the offense.
I just don't get it sometimes. I really don't.
And well I somewhat expect a 1st round pick to start...so Freeman better start this year otherwise IMHO it's a waste of a pick.
Now we have 5 qb's and no way whatsoever do I feel we improved ourselves with the 1st round pick.
And since we have no second round pick, we really messed up.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 25, 2009, 06:51:48 PM

Its called playing the odds.

Last years QB sitaution:

Jeff Garcia
Brian Griese
Luke McCown

This years QB situation:

Luke McCown
Byron Leftwich
Josh Freeemen

The front office made it a top priority to improve the QB position for now and the future.  They have executed their plan to a T, but we shall see if what pans out.

#2 : April 25, 2009, 06:52:58 PM

Freeman could start from day 1, its not like the Qbs we have now have proven more than him..

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#3 : April 25, 2009, 06:54:11 PM

Neither McC or Lefty are set be here long-term at this point, but hopefully long enough to get Josh ready. It's rather simple.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 25, 2009, 06:55:16 PM

it was the smart move plus i herd the vikes were looking to move on freeman

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 25, 2009, 06:55:46 PM

Only Leftwich has proven more in the league than Freeman. I expect the Bucs to sit him for a season, unless he just comes out and devours the offense and really rips it up in pre-season.

I wasn't a Freeman guy, but I've got to say: a big arm and 6' 6" and 250 pounds... wow. Watching him stand next to Deion on NFLN and absolutely DWARF the guy was very, very impressive.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 25, 2009, 06:56:06 PM

I guess.
If he starts day 1 then i'll be more enthused about this move.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 25, 2009, 06:57:38 PM

While I don't like trading up and would have preferred a player on D or a WR, I can live with Freeman. The bottom line is Freeman has the potential to be a franchise QB and we have had QB problems for years. We needed a QB and one was there so you kind of have to take him because there's no guarantee you will be in that position again.

I still would prefer a different pick...but I can live with it.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#8 : April 25, 2009, 06:59:43 PM

I don't wanna see him on the field at all in 09

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 25, 2009, 07:00:57 PM

Moving up was cheap. It only cost a 6th round pick.

We also obviously have a dedicated phone line to the Browns front office.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 25, 2009, 07:01:11 PM

WHAA WHAA WHAA...ALL OF YOU HATING ARE THE SAME WHO HATED FOR NOT DRAFTING A FRANCHISE QB...

SHUT THE HELL UP OR CHEER FOR A NEW TEAM...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 25, 2009, 07:02:23 PM

While I don't like trading up

It was only a sixth rounder. The Bucs have three seventh round picks, if they see a guy they want in round six, they can probably trade up and get him. If they were convinced that Minnesota was looking to trade up and grab Freeman, it was a move worth making.

buccaneerbruce76

Starter

#12 : April 25, 2009, 07:03:24 PM

I guess.
If he starts day 1 then i'll be more enthused about this move.

I agree it was just a little shocking to see them trade up to get him. Freeman has a huge upside and unlike at K-State he has more than enough talent surrounding him offensively. 1st round picks need to start unless a team is completely set at that position and the Bucs are far from set QB right now. We'll see what happens.

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tell me why.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools