Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Boston is Back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

« #15 : February 02, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »

Yeah I don't want to get too excited about him this year. All reports last year were how good he was blah blah blah. Well, they were wrong and he got cut.

We still might get CJ.

« #16 : February 02, 2007, 11:32:18 AM »

is Wadsworth next?

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
« #17 : February 02, 2007, 11:33:57 AM »

is Wadsworth next?
We're the Cardinals East!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #18 : February 02, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »

is Wadsworth next?
We're the Cardinals East!

I'm really tempted to bring in Leonard Davis simply because of our track record with plucking Arizona guys. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #19 : February 02, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »

Let's see if he's gained some speed back. It was just too soon this past year, IMO.

I honestly couldn't tell he lost any...
Yeah I don't want to get too excited about him this year. All reports last year were how good he was blah blah blah. Well, they were wrong and he got cut.

We still might get CJ.

I didn't think dude was bad in camp.  I just think he wasn't all the way healed.  Hopefully he's had the opportunity to rehab and get strong for a good and healthy camp.  If he was getting rave reviews on one leg just think what he might bring if healthy...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 02, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »

Let's see if he's gained some speed back. It was just too soon this past year, IMO.

I honestly couldn't tell he lost any

After watching him in TC I was highly impressed with how polished his routes were. It was unreal how good he looked. Then in the preseason it seemed he couldn't get the seperation necessary and JG called his number on numerous occassions. Once he went up against scrubs against the Texans he looked good but I just think it was too early. Like you said, if that's him on 1 leg imagine what it's going to like when he's fully healthy at that lower weight.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

« #21 : February 02, 2007, 11:54:24 AM »

I honestly couldn't tell he lost any

After watching him in TC I was highly impressed with how polished his routes were. It was unreal how good he looked. Then in the preseason it seemed he couldn't get the seperation necessary and JG called his number on numerous occassions. Once he went up against scrubs against the Texans he looked good but I just think it was too early. Like you said, if that's him on 1 leg imagine what it's going to like when he's fully healthy at that lower weight.

I was actually shocked they didn't try to bring him along during the season...we could have used him and Joey...OMG can you imagine him and Joey healthy...If we can block a 3 step drop it's all over but the crying...That's YAC waiting to happen...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

donye1999

Rookie

« #22 : February 02, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »

Don’t the Bucs hold OTM in March? If he shows that he’s able to get separation from DB’s we can say good-bye in drafting CJ

He's not a reason to not draft Calvin anymore than signing Cornell Green is a reason not to
draft Joe Thomas.

He's back to be our #4 WR not our #1

With Boston being here last year, and knowing the playbook; I just think that’s a better move then drafting CJ. If Boston can regain the 4.4 speed that he one had. And I think that he can look at all the injury's JG has had. Why bring in another WR? JG is the number 1 no questions asked. With Clayton, Boston, Stovall, and Hilliard that would have us deep enough at the WR position. And that’s not even naming any of the 3rd year players that we have

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 02, 2007, 12:13:05 PM »

I was actually shocked they didn't try to bring him along during the season...we could have used him and Joey...OMG can you imagine him and Joey healthy...If we can block a 3 step drop it's all over but the crying...That's YAC waiting to happen...

Yeah but 31 other teams didn't want him either. NE was signing guys off the street like Gaffney and not Bston. Either he has some personal problems or what people think they saw at camp isn't what they saw. To just be on the street for an entire years say he wasn't even close.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #24 : February 02, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »

With Boston being here last year, and knowing the playbook; I just think that’s a better move then drafting CJ.

Do what? You think picking up Boston who was cut last year and has been injury prown his entire career is a better move than drafting Calvin Johnson because he has had one summer in the offense ???

That is crazy...

Baghead #2

« #25 : February 02, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

Yeah but 31 other teams didn't want him either. NE was signing guys off the street like Gaffney and not Bston. Either he has some personal problems or what people think they saw at camp isn't what they saw. To just be on the street for an entire years say he wasn't even close.

and thats exactly why i'm not excited.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
« #26 : February 02, 2007, 12:20:57 PM »

Don’t the Bucs hold OTM in March? If he shows that he’s able to get separation from DB’s we can say good-bye in drafting CJ

He's not a reason to not draft Calvin anymore than signing Cornell Green is a reason not to
draft Joe Thomas.

He's back to be our #4 WR not our #1

With Boston being here last year, and knowing the playbook; I just think that’s a better move then drafting CJ. If Boston can regain the 4.4 speed that he one had. And I think that he can look at all the injury's JG has had. Why bring in another WR? JG is the number 1 no questions asked. With Clayton, Boston, Stovall, and Hilliard that would have us deep enough at the WR position. And that’s not even naming any of the 3rd year players that we have

That to me looks like a #1 and three #4's.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

« #27 : February 02, 2007, 12:26:17 PM »

and thats exactly why i'm not excited.

I fell ya Dal and "Hate"

I'm in the boat of excited but just think he can come back to form. It's obvious he wasn't ready this past year but if the speed comes back to 90%, he's going to perform in this offense.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #28 : February 02, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »

I'm in the boat of excited but just think he can come back to form. It's obvious he wasn't ready this past year but if the speed comes back to 90%, he's going to perform in this offense.

There's no reason not to sign him. I mean he has more chance of helping us than Ryan Boutknight or any of those types. We're gonna pay him diddly, I'm sure he doesn't even hit the cap. I like him and the Sly Morris, Darrell Russell and Chris Hovan type signings. Why not take a shot on guys who at some point showed they could play in this league rather than just stocking up on practice squad rejects that will never play an NFL down in their lives you might (Hovan) hit gold every once in awhile.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #29 : February 02, 2007, 12:41:57 PM »

I honestly couldn't tell he lost any...

We still might get CJ.

I didn't think dude was bad in camp.  I just think he wasn't all the way healed.  Hopefully he's had the opportunity to rehab and get strong for a good and healthy camp.  If he was getting rave reviews on one leg just think what he might bring if healthy...

That's the point.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Boston is Back « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools