Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Boston is Back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 02, 2007, 12:51:07 PM

he was very good in camp, I was surprized when they cut him....shows how much I know. Bring em all to camp, what the hey, no risk
Rumor has it that he failed some screening tests for substances (edit)that was given by the Bucs.  Thus the reason why he never latched onto any other teams.

fsubob

Second String

#31 : February 02, 2007, 01:19:45 PM

I like the signing!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 02, 2007, 01:31:07 PM

I was actually shocked they didn't try to bring him along during the season...we could have used him and Joey...OMG can you imagine him and Joey healthy...If we can block a 3 step drop it's all over but the crying...That's YAC waiting to happen...

Yeah but 31 other teams didn't want him either. NE was signing guys off the street like Gaffney and not Bston. Either he has some personal problems or what people think they saw at camp isn't what they saw. To just be on the street for an entire years say he wasn't even close.
      Gonna say it again Dal.  I saw this guy with the rest of the wrs in camp and he was head and shoulders better with hands, moves and speed.  I didn't get it then and don't get it to this day.  I know he didn't appear to get it done in pre season, and that was stunning as well.  In speaking with a friend of mine who is a NFL scout he told me he was at bucs camp and saw him in the same light as I did - and was just as mystified by the lack of pre season success.  Maybe it was health issue, or a personal issue or something else.  But something did happen and we don't know it.  It is weird.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 02, 2007, 01:38:18 PM

I was actually shocked they didn't try to bring him along during the season...we could have used him and Joey...OMG can you imagine him and Joey healthy...If we can block a 3 step drop it's all over but the crying...That's YAC waiting to happen...

Yeah but 31 other teams didn't want him either. NE was signing guys off the street like Gaffney and not Bston. Either he has some personal problems or what people think they saw at camp isn't what they saw. To just be on the street for an entire years say he wasn't even close.
Gonna say it again Dal. I saw this guy with the rest of the wrs in camp and he was head and shoulders better with hands, moves and speed. I didn't get it then and don't get it to this day. I know he didn't appear to get it done in pre season, and that was stunning as well. In speaking with a friend of mine who is a NFL scout he told me he was at bucs camp and saw him in the same light as I did - and was just as mystified by the lack of pre season success. Maybe it was health issue, or a personal issue or something else. But something did happen and we don't know it. It is weird.
Once again, I heard a rumor he failed a team given drug test.  They had no choice to sit him if that is the case.  It would seem to make the most sense.

#34 : February 02, 2007, 01:58:26 PM

Since Gruden and Allen can't sign players or draft worth a damn, this might be the biggest accquisition we make all offseason.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 02, 2007, 02:05:07 PM

Once again, I heard a rumor he failed a team given drug test.  They had no choice to sit him if that is the case.  It would seem to make the most sense.

They cut him before the season and they payed him like mad in that last pre-season game. So they would have had to get that test result back between G4 and cutdown day. That seems a bit odd as well.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

donye1999

Rookie

#36 : February 02, 2007, 02:10:00 PM

Since Gruden and Allen can't sign players or draft worth a damn, this might be the biggest accquisition we make all offseason.

Limited cap room is the main reason for us not having big named guys come here. With guys taking less and coming here I'll tip my hat off to Allen and Gruden for bring in the guys that they have signed. As far as the draft, I can't complain about that besides a few misses in the later rounds that we've had. Allen and Gruden have drafted one rookie of the year candidate and someone that won in the following year

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#37 : February 02, 2007, 02:34:16 PM

Once again, I heard a rumor he failed a team given drug test. They had no choice to sit him if that is the case. It would seem to make the most sense.

They cut him before the season and they payed him like mad in that last pre-season game. So they would have had to get that test result back between G4 and cutdown day. That seems a bit odd as well.
It could have happened that way...a hurry up and release him before the press gets a hold of it type thing...it hurts him, and the Bucs (from a PR POV).

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : February 02, 2007, 02:36:28 PM

Once again, I heard a rumor he failed a team given drug test. They had no choice to sit him if that is the case. It would seem to make the most sense.

It could have happened that way...a hurry up and release him before the press gets a hold of it type thing...it hurts him, and the Bucs (from a PR POV).
  Maybe, but I don't think he would have gotten away like that given his history of such issues.  I suppose it is possible but I don't think he could have been so fortunate.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#39 : February 02, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Well, given his history, it would seem that it is entirely possible...but if he got caught again, it is sayonara!

vipmark

Starter
#40 : February 02, 2007, 02:44:35 PM

I agree that he did have great hands and good speed at TC but I never saw him make a good sharp cut.

#41 : February 02, 2007, 03:00:47 PM

I agree that he did have great hands and good speed at TC but I never saw him make a good sharp cut.

That's what I'm thinking VIP, he couldn't because he was still healing. That's what I suspected watching him in that last pre-season game.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 02, 2007, 03:56:41 PM

here we go on the David Boston tip again. i think its good to have him back at TC lord knows we need another WR so we dont have to take CJ. I say also take a good look at Liele and Porter.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#43 : February 02, 2007, 04:08:58 PM

here we go on the David Boston tip again. i think its good to have him back at TC lord knows we need another WR so we dont have to take CJ. I say also take a good look at Liele and Porter.
Porter hates Gruden, and Gruden disdains Porter.

So...yeah...I highly doubt he will be seen within 300 miles on 1 Buc Place...

bucs1

Practice Squad
#44 : February 02, 2007, 04:24:02 PM

I'm glad he's back with the Bucs.  I thought he was going to be a good contributor for the Bucs last season before he got cut.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Boston is Back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools