Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: April 25, 2009, 06:50:32 PM

One of the biggest complaints you guys had with Gruden was that he never drafted and developed young QBs. Just last month you all were tripping over yourselves for the chance at Cutler willing to forfeit our entire draft for him.

Now Raheem drafts a young guy and you are all pissed.

Truely amazing....Make up your mind!

#1 : April 25, 2009, 06:54:31 PM

I think it was a great move, Mark showed great poise in making a deal that kept him from going to Denver and got his man. It's not like he is a rookie at drafting, and if people think that was a bad pick they are nuts! Even "NOONE" can't knock that pick, if he ever comes out of hiding.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 25, 2009, 06:56:15 PM

For me, it's not that I don't think Freeman is a player, but how the hell are we going to stop anyone?..

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 25, 2009, 06:56:59 PM

For me, it's not that I don't think Freeman is a player, but how the hell are we going to stop anyone?..

What makes you believe there is anything wrong with the defense?

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#4 : April 25, 2009, 06:57:08 PM

I don't think people are pissed about the idea of taking a QB in Round 1.  It is the player we took atleast in my mind.  I would have been siked to get Sanchez as I think he will be a stud.  I think Freeman will blow.  I'm not an NFL scout or GM, just my gut from what I've read and seen.  The Big 12 isnt exactly known for its defenses yet his TD-INT ratio is nothing to brag about nor was his completion percentage.  Also looked like he doesnt understand the concept of throwing ahead of your WR as lots of his throws were behind WRs.  I hope I am proven wrong... Trust me.

#5 : April 25, 2009, 06:57:51 PM

Still plenty of draft left.

#6 : April 25, 2009, 06:59:03 PM

I don't think people are pissed about the idea of taking a QB in Round 1.  It is the player we took atleast in my mind.  I would have been siked to get Sanchez as I think he will be a stud.  I think Freeman will blow.  I'm not an NFL scout or GM, just my gut from what I've read and seen.  The Big 12 isnt exactly known for its defenses.  
Funny people keep saying we shouldn't draft him because he faced crappy Ds, yet they want us to hold off for QBs coming from the same conference

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 25, 2009, 07:00:07 PM

I do like Freeman but I just think this team has way to many holes on defense to select a QB in round 1.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#8 : April 25, 2009, 07:00:29 PM

I don't think people are pissed about the idea of taking a QB in Round 1.  It is the player we took atleast in my mind.  I would have been siked to get Sanchez as I think he will be a stud.  I think Freeman will blow.  I'm not an NFL scout or GM, just my gut from what I've read and seen.  The Big 12 isnt exactly known for its defenses yet his TD-INT ratio is nothing to brag about nor was his completion percentage. Also looked like he doesnt understand the concept of throwing ahead of your WR as lots of his throws were behind WRs. I hope I am proven wrong... Trust me.

nah...I think freeman has much better upside with skills then sanchez, plus freeman is 6'6 which is nice

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 25, 2009, 07:34:40 PM

this would be funny if it wasnt us.  teams give you all that stuff about not getting caught up in height, weight, arm strength, combine, pro days, etc.  They focus on the game tape they say. Its what you do in actual games that count! Then you see a guy like DHB go in the top 10 based almost entirely on his 40 time.  Then despite Freeman's record as a starter, TD/INT ratio and sub par completion percentage we trade up to get him because he is built like an NBA small forward.  

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#10 : April 25, 2009, 07:01:17 PM

Legend,

If history of Bucs drafting success proves out, we have one more shot at getting a starter, 3rd round pick, so dont get too fired up.  Only 4th round starter in recent memory is Tanard Jackson.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 25, 2009, 07:03:56 PM

Morris thinks he can build the defense in the late rounds.

That's why he's building offense with the free agency and the first round of the draft.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#12 : April 25, 2009, 07:07:09 PM

This is why I'm not crazy about the pick.  

#1, the Bucs had already addressed the position with McCown and Leftwich.  I would rather have waited and seen if one of them was worth keeping before spending a first round pick on the same position.  

#2, they traded up, which screams out 'we have to have this guy!' - which is not the case.  

#3, he would have still been available; there was no need to trade up.

#4, a better strategy is to take the best available player that fits your scheme.   Not the BAP, but the BAP that fits your scheme (and roster); there were others that I would have rated higher.

#5, if you are drafting on need rather than BAP, they should have been looking at available players on the DL, or one of the available CBs that would eventually replace Ronde Barber.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 25, 2009, 07:14:12 PM

This is why I'm not crazy about the pick. 

#1, the Bucs had already addressed the position with McCown and Leftwich.  I would rather have waited and seen if one of them was worth keeping before spending a first round pick on the same position. 

#2, they traded up, which screams out 'we have to have this guy!' - which is not the case. 

#3, he would have still been available; there was no need to trade up.

#4, a better strategy is to take the best available player that fits your scheme.   Not the BAP, but the BAP that fits your scheme (and roster); there were others that I would have rated higher.

#5, if you are drafting on need rather than BAP, they should have been looking at available players on the DL, or one of the available CBs that would eventually replace Ronde Barber.

My responses...
1. In my opinion, the QB position was NOT addressed with McCown and Leftwich.
2 and 3. Denver and Minnesota were interested from all indications. Plus it was only a 6th round pick.
4. Morris wanted a franchise QB for the long-term. He and Dominik didn't feel McCown was the guy.
5. Morris obviously has guys on his draft board he likes in the later rounds for the DL.

donny77

Starter

#14 : April 25, 2009, 07:23:10 PM

But it's all subjective.  YOU had guys rated higher than Freemen.  Guess what?  The BUCS didn't!  Now about trading up, look at what NY gave up for Sanchez.  We gave up nothing just in case Denver thought about it.  I see nothing wrong with that.  Leftwhich was a preemptive measure in case Freeman went early.  We weren't going to trade up 5-10 spots to get him.

Now our offense is set.  Our defense was a top D last year until Monte Kiffen announced his leaving the team.  Look, we *might* not be a top 10 D next year, but we sure as hell are not the 32nd ranked defense in the league.  With our offense that should actually be in the top half of the league for a change, we should be a tough team.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools