Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 25, 2009, 07:28:10 PM

You totally missed the point.  Gruden missed good to great QBs when they were available.  No one would ever be miffed if you passed over Freeman.  To take a QB just because one happens to be available and then trade up to boot is what everyone including myself is over the moon about.

Its so dumb there's no point in talking about it if you don't see it.  just amatuer night on the draft board for the Bucs.  I dread to think of what the other picks might be....oh wait.  We only have three more.  Third, Fourth and Seventh.  Do we even have a seventh this  year?  Who cares....

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 25, 2009, 07:30:48 PM

Something tells me our next pick is gonna be Brace.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 25, 2009, 07:31:44 PM

How is Freeman a bad pick Ladyfan? Because he isn't named Tebow? highly regarded by many teams and experts and fits the new offensive scheme perfectly.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 25, 2009, 07:35:38 PM

Or because people actually watched him play like Raheem and worked him out and seen all what he could do.

BucsPromo

Starter

#19 : April 25, 2009, 07:35:51 PM

Do we trade for a #2 pick?

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 25, 2009, 07:39:03 PM

For me, it's not that I don't think Freeman is a player, but how the hell are we going to stop anyone?..

What makes you believe there is anything wrong with the defense?
Oh I don't know.....maybe the 900 yards rushing they gave up the last 4 games last year.....or the fact that the team was either tied or in the lead in the 4th qtr of each of those games and the defense couldn't stop the other team.  To me those are indicators that something is wrong.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 25, 2009, 07:36:33 PM

You can say what you want about the defense, but there is a common theme in the top picks year after year....its because they have NO QB which is the case here in Tampa.  I've been one of the biggest critics of the new regime but I applaud them for noticing our weakness and taking a chance on a franchise talented QB.  I'd rather have a QB developing than a 25 year old DT that will take 3 years to develop.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 25, 2009, 07:37:56 PM

this would be funny if it wasnt us.  teams give you all that stuff about not getting caught up in height, weight, arm strength, combine, pro days, etc.  They focus on the game tape they say. Its what you do in actual games that count! Then you see a guy like DHB go in the top 10 based almost entirely on his 40 time.  Then despite Freeman's record as a starter, TD/INT ratio and sub par completion percentage we trade up to get him because he is built like an NBA small forward.  

Raheem Morris knows Freeman better than any analyst and better than anyone in the NFL and he sees him as a future franchise QB.

BucsPromo

Starter

#23 : April 25, 2009, 07:40:24 PM

For me, it's not that I don't think Freeman is a player, but how the hell are we going to stop anyone?..

Oh I don't know.....maybe the 900 yards rushing they gave up the last 4 games last year.....or the fact that the team was either tied or in the lead in the 4th qtr of each of those games and the defense couldn't stop the other team.  To me those are indicators that something is wrong.

If I remember we didn't have a quarterback that wanted to score either.
Don't rap this all on the defense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 25, 2009, 07:40:56 PM

To me those are indicators that something is wrong.

Yeah, one thing that was wrong is the defense had the rug pulled out from under them by their DC and the head coach wasn't able to fix it. While I liked Coach Gruden a lot, that was one downside to having a HC that focused so intently on one side of the ball.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 25, 2009, 07:41:44 PM

This is why I'm not crazy about the pick.

#1, the Bucs had already addressed the position with McCown and Leftwich. I would rather have waited and seen if one of them was worth keeping before spending a first round pick on the same position.

#2, they traded up, which screams out 'we have to have this guy!' - which is not the case.

#3, he would have still been available; there was no need to trade up.

#4, a better strategy is to take the best available player that fits your scheme. Not the BAP, but the BAP that fits your scheme (and roster); there were others that I would have rated higher.

#5, if you are drafting on need rather than BAP, they should have been looking at available players on the DL, or one of the available CBs that would eventually replace Ronde Barber.

My responses...
1. In my opinion, the QB position was NOT addressed with McCown and Leftwich.
2 and 3. Denver and Minnesota were interested from all indications. Plus it was only a 6th round pick.
4. Morris wanted a franchise QB for the long-term. He and Dominik didn't feel McCown was the guy.
5. Morris obviously has guys on his draft board he likes in the later rounds for the DL.
My responses:
1. In my opinion, there were other positions that were more in need of being addressed than QB.
2. Why draft in reaction to 'they might take him'; why not be pro-active and say 'this is the best guy for our team.'
3. If he was indeed gone, there were other better options available on defense.
4. If looking long term, than it should have been defense this year and QB next year.
5. Better to build the trenches (defense) before taking a QB, in my opinion.

We agree to disagree; time will tell.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 25, 2009, 07:42:09 PM

Oh I don't know.....maybe the 900 yards rushing they gave up the last 4 games last year.....or the fact that the team was either tied or in the lead in the 4th qtr of each of those games and the defense couldn't stop the other team. �To me those are indicators that something is wrong.

Let me refresh your memory:  PUKE MCCLOWN and BYRON LEFTWICH are the QB's on this team!!  

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 25, 2009, 07:42:19 PM

Yeah, one thing that was wrong is the defense had the rug pulled out from under them by their DC and the head coach wasn't able to fix it. While I liked Coach Gruden a lot, that was one downside to having a HC that focused so intently on one side of the ball.
They quit on Morris as much as they quit on Gruden.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 25, 2009, 07:42:31 PM

Oh I don't know.....maybe the 900 yards rushing they gave up the last 4 games last year.....or the fact that the team was either tied or in the lead in the 4th qtr of each of those games and the defense couldn't stop the other team. �To me those are indicators that something is wrong.

If I remember we didn't have a quarterback that wanted to score either.
Don't rap this all on the defense.
The 900 yards rushing is on them...whether you want to admit it or not and not getting the other team off the field is also on them.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 25, 2009, 07:43:30 PM

this would be funny if it wasnt us.  teams give you all that stuff about not getting caught up in height, weight, arm strength, combine, pro days, etc.  They focus on the game tape they say. Its what you do in actual games that count! Then you see a guy like DHB go in the top 10 based almost entirely on his 40 time.  Then despite Freeman's record as a starter, TD/INT ratio and sub par completion percentage we trade up to get him because he is built like an NBA small forward.  

Raheem Morris knows Freeman better than any analyst and better than anyone in the NFL and he sees him as a future franchise QB.

LOL.  Why? because he supposedly spent so much time with Freeman during Morris' 1 year stint as K-State's DEFENSIVE Coordinator?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You guys are amazing.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools