Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best drafts so far « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2009, 08:39:34 PM

Oops, sounds like your telling stories out of school...those PM's from RJ weren't supposed to be shared in public...

Hmmm, why is it - do you think - that a guy like Freeman was desired by at least two teams in the first round?

Because there were others that fit the description of "...physical freak that can throw the ball a mile" one being Tom Brandstater - except he was drafted in the 6th round BY DENVER (the team Dominik & Morris were worried would beat us to the drafting Freeman)....another would be Nate Davis - except he was drafted in the 5th round...

So your analysis, like your posts, is shallow and wrong.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 26, 2009, 11:16:21 PM

It wasn't Philly we were worried about - it was Denver's second pick at #18 that pushed us into trading up.

Freeman was just what McDaniels was looking for - do you really think Kyle Orton is who he wanted to build his franchise around? A QB that has had his head screwed up by false starts and in-adequate fit to an offense in Chicago? No, he wanted one in the mold of Tom Brady, Matt Cassel, Kevin O'connell...

That is why we had to move up - and I think it was a very wise move!

I seriously doubt Denver was taking Freeman. He is not the type of player McDaniels has had in the past, not sure where you got that line of thinking from. 

I think Denver did well.  Orton isn't great and won't win games, but he really won't need to.  He will need to not lose them.  MCDaniels is surrounding him with good players to put him in a position to be successful.  Denver now has 1 great WR, 1 good WR, a promising RB in Moreno, and decent TE's.  They also got help at pass rush with Ayers and DB in the draft with Smith and McBath in the 2nd.

Well - you tell me the similarities between Brady, Cassel, and O'connell then I'll tell you if I agree with you.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 25, 2009, 10:38:58 PM

Teams I liked:

Baltimore - Michael Oher at 23 and Paul Kruger at 57
Cincinnati  - Andre Smith at 6 and Rey Maualuga at 38
Denver - Knowshon Moreno at 12, Robert Ayers at 18, and Alphonso Smith at 37
Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe at 8 and Eben Britton at 39
Miami - Vontae Davis at 25, Pat White at 44, and Sean Smith at 61
Minnesota - Percy Harvin at 22 and Phil Loadholt at 54
New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks at 29, Clint Sintim at 45, and William Beatty at 60
Philadelphia - Jeremy Maclin at 19 and LeSean McCoy at 53

Thanks for the laughs:

Oakland Raiders - Darius Heyward-Bey at 7 and somebody named Michael Mitchell at 47

dodda45

Starter
#18 : April 25, 2009, 10:41:57 PM

I like New England's...Butler was my favorite corner in the draft...

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#19 : April 25, 2009, 10:43:03 PM

I really like what Denver did.

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 25, 2009, 10:43:54 PM

That Mitchell guy looks to be one hell of a SS. He brings the wood. Reach though.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 25, 2009, 10:44:38 PM

Damn; I like what Denver did. A++++

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 25, 2009, 10:45:00 PM

By far my favorites:

Baltimore
Minnesota
Giants
Philadelphia

Not fond of:

Denver: I like Alphonso Smith, but for a franchise that for years thrived on undervalued running backs, Moreno doesn't seem worth breaking the trend. Ayers doesn't seem to have a position in a 3-4, and whoever that tight end they traded up for was horrible.
Cleveland: Lots of moving around and stockpiling, but lots of limited players with no potential difference makers.
Oakland: Didn't think they could go any lower.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 25, 2009, 10:45:07 PM

I thought New England had a couple good picks in Brace and Butler, but also had a couple of reaches in Chung and Vollmer.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 25, 2009, 10:45:41 PM

I like what the Colts did.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 25, 2009, 10:49:11 PM

Right now we have an F as far as I'm concerned and hopefully they can get that up to at least a C+ by tomorrow, but there's not whole lot of good defensive players left unfortuneatly.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#26 : April 25, 2009, 10:51:40 PM

If we could just trade our excess QBs (Griese and McCown) to someone for some picks on day two, we too could get a good grade.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 25, 2009, 10:54:36 PM

New England kick butt in the 2nd: Chung, Brace, Butler.  Not sure about Sebastian Vollmer however.  

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 25, 2009, 10:56:38 PM

Miami's draft should not be included among the good ones.  Denver did good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 25, 2009, 10:58:33 PM

Miami's draft should not be included among the good ones.

Why?

They reached for White, but he fits their system.  They got two CB's that were projected in the first round, one all the way down at 61.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best drafts so far « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools