Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best drafts so far « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 25, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

Oh yeah Detroit really dropped the ball after Stafford. I like Pettigrew, but they owed it to their new quarterback to protect him so so there's no way you pass on Michael Oher. Everette Brown would have been a great pick in the 2nd, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blazerbuc

Practice Squad

« #31 : April 25, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »

Don't forget Seattle: Aaron Curry, Max Unger, and Denver's #1 pick next year

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #32 : April 25, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »

Oh yeah Detroit really dropped the ball after Stafford. I like Pettigrew, but they owed it to their new quarterback to protect him so so there's no way you pass on Michael Oher. Everette Brown would have been a great pick in the 2nd, too.

I was shocked when they selected Pettigrew with Oher still on the board.  Getting Stafford at 1 and Oher at 20 seemed like the perfect scenario for that team.

Picking Delmas at 33 was a head-scratcher, especially with Everette Brown, Alphonso Smith, and Darius Butler still available.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 25, 2009, 11:10:13 PM »

Miami's draft should not be included among the good ones.

Why?

They reached for White, but he fits their system. They got two CB's that were projected in the first round, one all the way down at 61.
a gimmick player like White who will probably never be a starting QB is a huge reach in the 2nd.  And he shows no interest in becoming a WR or ST player.  Davis has talent but huge question marks.  Smith went where he should but will probably be a Safety.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #34 : April 25, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »

Miami's draft should not be included among the good ones.

Why?

They reached for White, but he fits their system. They got two CB's that were projected in the first round, one all the way down at 61.
a gimmick player like White who will probably never be a starting QB is a huge reach in the 2nd.  And he shows no interest in becoming a WR or ST player.  Davis has talent but huge question marks.  Smith went where he should but will probably be a Safety.
White actually fits the Dolphins offense. He's going to be used I'm sure in their Wildcat attack that includes Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.  He can make throws too and can be used as a WR. I think Parcells is going to be very creative with the guy.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

« #35 : April 25, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »

Philly has had one helluva draft. Two Excellent weapons to add to that offense, I also like what NYG has done, and I like what the Jets did going up and getting Sanchez. That kid was meant for NY IMO.

PoorRichard

Starter

« #36 : April 25, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »

Teams I liked:

Baltimore - Michael Oher at 23 and Paul Kruger at 57
Cincinnati - Andre Smith at 6 and Rey Maualuga at 38
Denver - Knowshon Moreno at 12, Robert Ayers at 18, and Alphonso Smith at 37
Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe at 8 and Eben Britton at 39
Miami - Vontae Davis at 25, Pat White at 44, and Sean Smith at 61
Minnesota - Percy Harvin at 22 and Phil Loadholt at 54
New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks at 29, Clint Sintim at 45, and William Beatty at 60
Philadelphia - Jeremy Maclin at 19 and LeSean McCoy at 53

Thanks for the laughs:

Oakland Raiders - Darius Heyward-Bey at 7 and somebody named Michael Mitchell at 47

I really like Baltimore's picks. I think both players fit their style very well.

Bengals did well watching Maluga fall in their laps (their LB core looks good)

Minnesota got the perfect player in Percy teamed up with AP.

I really did not like Denver. I think they reached for Knowshon (doesnt have the burst) at 12 and definitely reached on Ayers (who has only played 1 year of football on a really bad team). They also traded a 1st next year for the DB from Wake. Considering they dont have a QB and next years 1st round will likely see Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy they made a huge miscalculation.

New York reached on Nicks.

Miami reached on White (if they really plan on using him as an every down QB)

Oakland....well, what can you say??

rpp224

Starter

« #37 : April 26, 2009, 12:32:30 AM »

Oakland's draft was a good laugher. I was surprised with Philly taking Maclin since they already have a receiver like him in Jackson. I thought they would have taken a D-lineman, CB (with S. Brown wanting out now), or tight end. I definitely think Miami, Denver and Cin did a good job overall

Aspen6

Rookie
« #38 : April 26, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »

Teams I liked:

Baltimore - Michael Oher at 23 and Paul Kruger at 57
Cincinnati - Andre Smith at 6 and Rey Maualuga at 38
Denver - Knowshon Moreno at 12, Robert Ayers at 18, and Alphonso Smith at 37
Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe at 8 and Eben Britton at 39
Miami - Vontae Davis at 25, Pat White at 44, and Sean Smith at 61
Minnesota - Percy Harvin at 22 and Phil Loadholt at 54
New York Giants - Hakeem Nicks at 29, Clint Sintim at 45, and William Beatty at 60
Philadelphia - Jeremy Maclin at 19 and LeSean McCoy at 53

Thanks for the laughs:

Oakland Raiders - Darius Heyward-Bey at 7 and somebody named Michael Mitchell at 47

I really did not like Denver. I think they reached for Knowshon (doesnt have the burst) at 12 and definitely reached on Ayers (who has only played 1 year of football on a really bad team). They also traded a 1st next year for the DB from Wake. Considering they dont have a QB and next years 1st round will likely see Tebow, Bradford, and McCoy they made a huge miscalculation.

Denver has Chicago's first rounder next year so they will still have a chance to get one of the top QB's.

edwamil83

Starter
« #39 : April 26, 2009, 12:23:49 AM »

Green Bay

Raji and Matthews their D has a chance to be great

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

« #40 : April 26, 2009, 12:26:52 AM »

Green Bay

Raji and Matthews their D has a chance to be great

Yup; The run D should improve now which was a big problem last year. Teams were gashing them left & right.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #41 : April 26, 2009, 01:34:38 AM »

Don't forget Seattle: Aaron Curry, Max Unger, and Denver's #1 pick next year

yeah IMO they did well. Seahawks now have the best LB in the league. Unger is a 10 year pro. They did well

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #42 : April 26, 2009, 01:39:24 AM »

Buffalo did ok...
Got 2 of the better interior OL
added CB and a pass rusher.

Then you gotta look at Philly they did well added a few play makers.

New England... added youth to the defense.

kmitchell

Starter

« #43 : April 26, 2009, 01:41:38 AM »

I live in CA, and the draft party I was at had 6 49er fans (they were beyond happy), a rams fan, and a raiders fan. The Raiders fan shotgunned two beers in a row after seeing DHB. I left before the Mitchell pick, I bet he threw up.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 26, 2009, 01:43:53 AM »

Baltimore IMO did very well as well

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Best drafts so far « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools