Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

: April 26, 2009, 12:02:19 AM

McCown said he wouldn't have signed with the "old regime" because they weren't going to make him the starter.   He wanted to be a starter.  Raheem and Dominik promise him he is the starter so he signs.    Then they bring in Leftwich and draft a QB in the first round.   

People talk about how Gruden wasn't good with people, but Raw and Dominik are downright backstabbers.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 26, 2009, 12:02:52 AM

They told him hewould be the starter?

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#2 : April 26, 2009, 12:05:03 AM

they never said he was going to be the starter, they promised him a FAIR chance to compete.

and thats what he is going to get. Leftwich was brought in for competetion, im pretty sure raheem has no intentions of throwing freeman into the fire game one against dallas...

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 26, 2009, 12:06:02 AM

Â  I read they said he'd get the opportunity to compete for starting QB. Big difference; giving anyone a starting without competition would be way out of character for Raheem...

JC510

Practice Squad

#4 : April 26, 2009, 12:07:02 AM

They screwed him, there's no doubt about it.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 26, 2009, 12:08:00 AM

Boo hoo

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 26, 2009, 12:08:14 AM

Absolutely.  The ethical thing would be to give Luke the choice of being released now if he wanted to look for another team.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 26, 2009, 12:32:14 AM

They DID say they had faith in him, unlike the previous regime... referring to the Atlanta game, where he was tabbed to START.

So do the math.

And read the comments from the day/after Luke signed-- not 4/25/09.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 26, 2009, 12:32:40 AM

The bottom line is that right now Luke has less chance of being the long term QB of this team than he has at any point in his career. � Raheem really **CENSORED**ed him over.

Luke never had a chance to be the long term solution here. Any slim chance he may have had left with Hackett.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 26, 2009, 12:32:44 AM

What would Raheem know about Quarterbacks, hes a Defensive Backs coach....

....so was Tom Landry.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 26, 2009, 12:32:50 AM

He will start in 09 if he wins the competition fair and square

Do you really think thats going to happen?

this pick smells of "Its who you know, not what you know" situation.

He is a football coach.

Ray Perkins was a football coach....

Hugh Culverhouse was an owner....

Ryan Leaf was a Quarterback....

Your point? Just because he is one, doesn't mean he is the best for the job.

Jags knows about QBs, Raheem knows more about the NFL than anyone on this board. As a matter of fact, he would probably beat everyone on here at madden, but that is for another time.

Raheem is like 32 years old....Im willing to bet there are people on here that are just as knowledgeable about the NFL as Raheem is.

Anyone can coach football if they read up on it and know it. I guess if I "major" in Madden I can be an NFL coach too.
There are some on here to pretend to know a lot about football.... I will grant you that. But that's about it. Besides for all we know Raheem will be a bust or he will be a winning head coach. So now we have drafted Freeman, we made up for the fact that previous regime REFUSED to get a franchise QB. Coach Morris and Mark Dominik are tied to Freeman just like Chuck was tied to Cadillac.

Whats to say all those years the Glazers didn't tell Bruce Allen to not take a QB in the first due to financial issues?

They could just be using  GruAllen as a scapegoat to pretend like they care...

Very possible theory.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 26, 2009, 12:31:48 AM

He will start in 09 if he wins the competition fair and square

Do you really think thats going to happen?

this pick smells of "Its who you know, not what you know" situation.

He is a football coach.

Ray Perkins was a football coach....

Hugh Culverhouse was an owner....

Ryan Leaf was a Quarterback....

Your point? Just because he is one, doesn't mean he is the best for the job.

Jags knows about QBs, Raheem knows more about the NFL than anyone on this board. As a matter of fact, he would probably beat everyone on here at madden, but that is for another time.

Raheem is like 32 years old....Im willing to bet there are people on here that are just as knowledgeable about the NFL as Raheem is.

Anyone can coach football if they read up on it and know it. I guess if I "major" in Madden I can be an NFL coach too.

Navybuc I respect you and most of your opinions, I always have. In my opinion you are way off base here. Raheem does not get where he is without knowing football and the NFL well. Maybe he did major in madden, who cares, he is 32 and grew up playing videogames, I am only 24, I grew up playing videogames, WHO CARES? I get that the fact that he mentioned his madden expertise lends to the idea that he is to young and immature but lay off it. Maybe he was not the best coaching choice, but nobody on here knows football as well as he and MD do...period. Not saying they are the best in the league, far from it, but give him some time and he will only get better and better. RM has the enthusiasm we need around here and he obviously understands that it starts with QB, everyone knows that. No QB=mediocre at best team.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : April 26, 2009, 12:10:03 AM

McCown said he wouldn't have signed with the "old regime" because they weren't going to make him the starter. He wanted to be a starter. Raheem and Dominik promise him he is the starter so he signs. Then they bring in Leftwich and draft a QB in the first round.

People talk about how Gruden wasn't good with people, but Raw and Dominik are downright backstabbers.

Nobody is guaranteed a starting position. Read Raheem Morris's interview posted on PR today.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 26, 2009, 12:10:41 AM

McCown said he wouldn't have signed with the "old regime" because they weren't going to make him the starter. He wanted to be a starter. Raheem and Dominik promise him he is the starter so he signs. Then they bring in Leftwich and draft a QB in the first round.

Nobody is guaranteed a starting position. Read Raheem Morris's interview posted on PR today.

So now he's a double talking back stabber?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 26, 2009, 12:10:46 AM

Nom nom nom

Your tears are delicious.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools