Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#165 : April 27, 2009, 09:43:54 AM

I see nothing wrong with competition.   I never had a problem with it when Gruden was here and I don't have a problem with it now.   The difference is that Morris was promoted with this holier than thou "good guy" image by the media.   A guy who could relate to the players, one who the players love and trust.   Gruden was the devil, Morris was a saint.   Fact is, Morris is just as dirty dealing with the players as anyone else.  Maybe even more so...

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#166 : April 27, 2009, 09:46:47 AM

I think the dirty dealing came when they told Freeman that Leftwich was a smokescreen.  And the kid was dumb enough to tell it to the media!  Yes, my friends, we are lost at sea...

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#167 : April 27, 2009, 11:19:04 AM

I think the dirty dealing came when they told Freeman that Leftwich was a smokescreen.  And the kid was dumb enough to tell it to the media!  Yes, my friends, we are lost at sea...

You live in Dallas.. go be a Cowboys fan. I still say that no one was ever promised a starting job and for all we know Leftwich was told before he signed "Hey we are going to draft a young QB that will be brought in to compete, just so you know you aren't going to be handed the starting job." His main other offer was from Pittsburgh.. he knows he wasn't going to play there.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#168 : April 27, 2009, 01:30:02 PM

I see nothing wrong with competition.   I never had a problem with it when Gruden was here and I don't have a problem with it now.   The difference is that Morris was promoted with this holier than thou "good guy" image by the media.   A guy who could relate to the players, one who the players love and trust.   Gruden was the devil, Morris was a saint.   Fact is, Morris is just as dirty dealing with the players as anyone else.  Maybe even more so...

I think this needs to be posted every couple of posts so those just jumping in here see how really retarded this thread is:

"Yeah, that was the first conversation that Raheem and I had when I re-signed. That is what he was telling me," said McCown. "He said, �Look who knows how we will go about nabbing these other guys, and we may draft one in the first round.'[/color][/size] He said �it doesn't matter because you have the opportunity to play well enough to make our decision, to put us in a Drew Brees and Philip Rivers situation,' I was very comfortable with that. I was glad to hear him voice that to me, and to give me that opportunity to be the starter. I'm going to approach every practice, every rep, every weight lifting session like I am a starter and have that be my mentality and continue to compete."

C2asante

Starter

#169 : April 27, 2009, 05:29:57 PM

At this point, Morris could use a calculator to prove that 2+2=4 and Java would find a way to say he's wrong.

Rack'em (awesome post and 100% true)
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools