Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Booker

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 26, 2009, 12:17:36 AM

He will start in 09 if he wins the competition fair and square

Do you really think thats going to happen?

What would Raheem know about Quarterbacks, hes a Defensive Backs coach....

this pick smells of "Its who you know, not what you know" situation.

He is a football coach.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#31 : April 26, 2009, 12:18:09 AM

My god, Java and Navy are seriously starting to sound like deranged mad men, and by that I mean Ed Gein, wearing women's clothes and faces made of human skin or in their case Jon Gruden masks. Get over it, we have a legit franchise QB and you don't pass those up.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 26, 2009, 12:18:24 AM

They screwed him, there's no doubt about it.

Nom nom nom

Your tears are delicious.

Now that was just ... funny...

See how funny it is when we pass on Bradford next year and Freeman is out of the league in 4 years.

Out of the league in 4 years? LOL, your love for a back up is sad.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 26, 2009, 12:18:43 AM

You're just jealous because I called the pick of Freeman prior to the draft and you didn't.

I don't predict draft picks, and there aren't any people on this earth that I'm particularly jealous of, so you'll have to consider some alternatives.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 26, 2009, 12:29:48 AM

Nom nom nom

Indeed it was. :)

I can't wait to say that to the whiners I deal with...

Now about Josh.  Well, the kid is HUGE, he has a cannon arm, he has good mobility, he didn't score too poorly in the wonderlic, so you have to assume he can absorb information.  I do pay attention to QBs wonderlics.  Think it is relatively important.  He has much better offensive weapons to deal with.  Two big tight ends, two downhill runners who can catch, Bryant who is a very talented wideout, and a good O-line to protect him.  Hope he wins the job outright.  It means the BUcs draft was worth it.

Here we go.  I am ready to see what the big fella has got for us.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 26, 2009, 12:18:58 AM

He will start in 09 if he wins the competition fair and square

Do you really think thats going to happen?

this pick smells of "Its who you know, not what you know" situation.

He is a football coach.

Ray Perkins was a football coach....

Hugh Culverhouse was an owner....

Ryan Leaf was a Quarterback....

Your point? Just because he is one, doesn't mean he is the best for the job.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#36 : April 26, 2009, 12:19:12 AM

Nom nom nom

See how funny it is when we pass on Bradford next year and Freeman is out of the league in 4 years.
Have you seen Bradford? You think HE will be able to take more than one hit in the NFL?
Yes, I do - he will be a junior next year I believe - and I see him as a very strong candidate to have an excellent NFL career. �
He is skinny and you saw what happened to him when Florida's defense hit him....

Booker

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 26, 2009, 12:19:38 AM

And your point? Just because you type it doesn't make it true.

JC510

Practice Squad

#38 : April 26, 2009, 12:19:45 AM

Worst-case scenario, I'm drafting a quarterback with the 19th pick.

Sounds like that was the only case scenario.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 26, 2009, 12:19:53 AM

i never spoke out on the way Gruden did business. In fact, I think Gruden and Allen were superb at what they did, looks like MD and RM learned well from them. Honestly, the old cliche the NFL is a business rears it's ugly head here. Teams do what they have to do to keep their players. Still, pretty sure they only promised McCown the chance to compete for the job.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 26, 2009, 12:20:11 AM

They DID say they had faith in him, unlike the previous regime... referring to the Atlanta game, where he was tabbed to START.

So do the math.
(And read the comments from the day/after Luke signed-- not a 4/25/09 spin job.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 26, 2009, 12:21:02 AM

My god, Java and Navy are seriously starting to sound like deranged mad men, and by that I mean Ed Gein, wearing women's clothes and faces made of human skin or in their case Jon Gruden masks. Get over it, we have a legit franchise QB and you don't pass those up.

Here's a quote from Cheveliar "We have no GOOD reason to pick him at number one this year...None whatsoever.  No matter what amount of spin will make me feel any different.  McCown is the same guy with slightly more experience, just less melinin..."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 26, 2009, 12:21:37 AM

No, he's a head coach. Besides, this isn't Coach Gruden you're talking about here -- RM doesn't insist on controlling everything on the offense himself. He has assistant coaches who will be involved in assessing the QB situation.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 26, 2009, 12:21:45 AM

And your point? Just because you type it doesn't make it true.

you just contradicted yourself.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 26, 2009, 12:21:49 AM

Don't think the description is accurate Pauls - I wish I could see Freeman as a legit franchise qb - but there is nothing in his college career that would make one think that - he reminds me greatly of Ramsey in Washington, and I have not confused him with a franchise qb.  Just sayin'

No disagreement on some who have gone overboard - either way.  It is one of those polarizing situations that come up.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Raheem and Dominik are unethical « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools