Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leroy Hill is now a FA? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

lancerbucs19

Practice Squad

#15 : April 26, 2009, 03:33:07 AM

I don't see anything on the net about the Hill news....

ryanbuc1

Practice Squad

#16 : April 26, 2009, 03:39:39 AM

I don't see anything on the net about the Hill news....

From Rotoworld....

The Seahawks are expected to continue negotiating with free agent LeRoy Hill, even after pulling his franchise tag Saturday night.

Hill never deserved the franchise tag, especially after his January DUI. It will be interesting to see if Seattle's previous six-year, $36 million offer is still on the table. Hill is unlikely to get an offer that lucrative anywhere else.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 26, 2009, 04:18:51 AM

At this point they need to sign & draft good or decent defensive players like their life depends on it......cause it does.

Don't plan on it...

Its obvious the mentality around OBP is "Fill the Stands Cause We need to Make Money for Man U".

Harvin would have done a better job filling the stands than Freeman.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 26, 2009, 08:09:32 AM

I remember Monte wanted him.

SwarmingDefense

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 26, 2009, 08:15:38 AM

He's Quincy Black's size with 4 years of proven production in the league. He had 7.5 sacks his rookie year

marlevr

Second String
#20 : April 26, 2009, 09:41:47 AM

I doubt they'll spend any more money and they want to put the young guys like Black on the field.

Swolf

Practice Squad

#21 : April 26, 2009, 09:51:15 AM

Seahawks Pull Hill’s Franchise Tag
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 26, 2009, 9:02 a.m.
Drafting Wake Forest linebacker Aaron Curry in the first round triggered an immediate ripple effect on the Seattle Seahawks’ roster.

According to Eric Williams of the Tacoma News-Tribune, the Seahawks have rescinded the franchise tag on linebacker Leroy Hill in a move that immediately frees up salary cap space and makes him an unrestricted free agent.

Hill hadn’t shown up for minicamps after not signing his $8.3 million one-year tender and reportedly turned down a six-year, $36 million offer sheet. However, team officials said that they plan to continue to negotiate with Hill even now that the tag has been removed.

Per the report, the transaction was executed just hours after the Seahawks tabbed Curry, the **CENSORED** Butkus Award winner, as the fourth overall pick. Of course, the cap money that was assigned to Hill will be taken up in large part by Curry’s pending rookie deal.

Arrested in January on a marijuana possession charge in Atlanta, Hill apologized for the incident. That off-field incident doesn’t seem to be the reason behind the decision to pull the tag.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 26, 2009, 09:55:32 AM

He is a great pass rushing linebacker. Sort of like LaVar Arrington. I would definitely like to sign him and have him convert to DE on pass situations.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leroy Hill is now a FA? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools