Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solid Intimate Knowledge « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OKC_Buc

Starter

#15 : April 26, 2009, 09:25:34 AM

Monte knew Ruud, his father, and his coaches very well.

Are you comparing Monte Kiffins knowledge of talent to Raheem Morris'?

Well, it was Morris that took a CB and converted him to safety and started him his 1st year (T-jax). How many rookies have you ever seen Monte start from game 1?

How many years was Montes defense in the top ten?  I think he knew what he was doing. 

OKC_Buc

Starter

#16 : April 26, 2009, 09:28:45 AM

I didn't bring up Ruuds name. JC510 did to bash the Freeman pick. Just pointing out that Ruud and Freeman were both picked because the coaching staff felt comfortable knowing who they were truely getting in this crapshot known as the draft.

He quoted Pat Yasinskas and I believe he was proving that Pat was wrong and we had addressed a pick for the future.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 26, 2009, 09:33:45 AM

The only reason I'm not upset with this pick is that they know this kid as well. That gives them the benefit of the doubt.
Exactly...OBD

JC510

Practice Squad

#18 : April 26, 2009, 09:46:06 AM

I didn't bring up Ruuds name. JC510 did to bash the Freeman pick. Just pointing out that Ruud and Freeman were both picked because the coaching staff felt comfortable knowing who they were truely getting in this crapshot known as the draft.

He quoted Pat Yasinskas and I believe he was proving that Pat was wrong and we had addressed a pick for the future.

Thank you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 26, 2009, 10:06:45 AM

sorry for jumping to conclusions about your post JC510.  But I do stand by my statement that the Ruud/Freeman picks are comparable on the "solid intimate knowledge" aspect.  Anyways the whole premise of Pat's article is kind of stupid.  When is a draft pick not with the future in mind?  QB is a different beast however and I guess that is his point.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Solid Intimate Knowledge « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools