Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your first rounder « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2009, 09:09:10 PM

Freeman is much better pick for us than percy harvin.

Buc Wit Me

Starter

#16 : April 26, 2009, 09:14:01 PM

We got the best pick,i wouldnt change anything :D

Snook

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 26, 2009, 09:14:59 PM

Other than Harvin, I don't see anyone saying who they'd take instead of Freeman...

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 26, 2009, 09:59:42 PM

Other than Harvin, I don't see anyone saying who they'd take instead of Freeman...

Clay Matthews Jr., Michael Oher, or trade out of the first to recoup some picks lost with the miserably stupid decision to trade for Kellen Winslow.

Freeman has lots of upside, but there should be giant GIANT red flags waving whenever you read "May have difficulty adjusting to an NFL offense and reacting to NFL defenses" in the scouting report. We've already got a couple guys exactly like him on the roster right now.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 26, 2009, 10:02:46 PM

Harvin, Oher, or Maclin.

bucshot420

Starter

#20 : April 26, 2009, 10:06:47 PM

I either wanted them to trade back and get Harvin or a DE presence and at first I was kinda like what?  but after sleeping on it today I am psyched about the potential to have a franchise QB it might take a year or two to get a return on the investment but I haven't been this excited about a QB in quite sometime

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 26, 2009, 10:10:39 PM

Clay Matthews Jr., Michael Oher, or trade out of the first to recoup some picks lost with the miserably stupid decision to trade for Kellen Winslow.

Freeman has lots of upside, but there should be giant GIANT red flags waving whenever you read "May have difficulty adjusting to an NFL offense and reacting to NFL defenses" in the scouting report. We've already got a couple guys exactly like him on the roster right now.

An OLB and LT like those are needs for this team.  We are loaded at LB and Penn played pretty darn well last season.  Let me ask you another question, "Who in the second round is better than KELLEN WINSLOW?  We have PUKE MCCLOWN/LEFTY on the roster both are 28 and garbage, at least Freeman brings hope to the position.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 26, 2009, 10:21:48 PM

An OLB and LT like those are needs for this team. �We are loaded at LB and Penn played pretty darn well last season. �Let me ask you another question, "Who in the second round is better than KELLEN WINSLOW? �We have PUKE MCCLOWN/LEFTY on the roster both are 28 and garbage, at least Freeman brings hope to the position.

Maybe if the line was better, they could run the football and play some defense. And no, you can NEVER have too many talented offensive tackles / linemen.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 26, 2009, 10:27:25 PM

I would have taken Oher with the pick if I was the GM.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 26, 2009, 11:55:45 PM

As for the "stupid" Winslow trade... why not wait til he actually plays before you call the trade "stupid"?

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 27, 2009, 12:02:45 AM

As for the "stupid" Winslow trade... why not wait til he actually plays before you call the trade "stupid"?

Unlike Freeman, Winslow is a known commodity as an NFL player.

I think there's ample evidence out there to conclude that he wasn't worth what was paid to acquire him, given his low TD production and injury history.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 27, 2009, 12:07:05 AM

Yeah trading a 2nd for a top 5 team was horrible.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 27, 2009, 12:10:35 AM

Yeah trading a 2nd for a top 5 team was horrible.

11 total TDs as a pro, history of injuries, ten cent head as a player.

I'd rather have the 2nd round pick.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 27, 2009, 12:11:50 AM

And I am glad you don't GM

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 27, 2009, 12:15:18 AM

And I am glad you don't GM

Maybe you liked watching the defense be gashed by opposing rushers last season. Me? I'd like two new defensive players lining up next year to help combat that problem. Instead, I got another QB and a diva-TE.

I'm glad I don't GM too -- the games are painful enough to watch as it is.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your first rounder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools