Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your first rounder « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 27, 2009, 12:16:21 AM

And I am glad you don't GM

Maybe you liked watching the defense be gashed by opposing rushers last season. Me? I'd like two new defensive players lining up next year to help combat that problem. Instead, I got another QB and a diva-TE.

I'm glad I don't GM too -- the games are painful enough to watch as it is.
The DT they got weighs 315 (not sure if that is good), and their DE is 280ish.  With the mid rounders, they went for the run stoppage, rather than the pass rushage.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 27, 2009, 12:17:20 AM

I guess the guys in the 3rd and beyond rounds don't count????

Madman

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 27, 2009, 12:19:40 AM

As Steve Young pointed out on ESPN... it's a QB league. You HAVE to have an elite QB to compete year in and year out in the NFL.

I think Percy Harvin, Maclin, and Maualuga will be excellent NFL players but you have to take Josh Freeman if you think he can dominate. I'm good with it.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 27, 2009, 12:23:32 AM

As Steve Young pointed out on ESPN... it's a QB league. You HAVE to have an elite QB to compete year in and year out in the NFL.

I think Percy Harvin, Maclin, and Maualuga will be excellent NFL players but you have to take Josh Freeman if you think he can dominate. I'm good with it.

And yet, I keep coming back to a team that won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson.

Maybe we should ask Arizona what they think about drafting a 1st round QB v. signing a good free agent that fits the system they want to run.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 27, 2009, 12:25:36 AM

Maybe you should ask Arizona in a year and see what they think about signing old vets. Or we should ask teams like San Diego, Giants, Colts, Atlanta, and Baltimore to name a few and see how it is to draft the QB that fits your system.

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#35 : April 27, 2009, 12:28:45 AM

Maybe you should ask Arizona in a year and see what they think about signing old vets. Or we should ask teams like San Diego, Giants, Colts, Atlanta, and Baltimore to name a few and see how it is to draft the QB that fits your system.

We'll see.

Interestingly, I agree with you on the Ravens getting Flacco. Take care of your defense first, then go get yourself a franchise QB.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 27, 2009, 12:39:32 AM

And yet, I keep coming back to a team that won a Super Bowl with Brad Johnson.

Can you win a SB without a top QB? Sure, but history shows it's not likely unless you have a SICK defense like the 2002 Bucs or 2000 Ravens.

Last SB winners:

2008 Ben Rothlisberger
2007 Eli Manning
2006 Peyton Manning
2005 Ben Rothlisberger
2004 Tom Brady
2003 Tom Brady
2002 Brad Johnson
2001 Tom Brady
2000 Trent Dilfer
1999 Kurt Warner
1998 John Elway
1997 John Elway
1996 Brett Favre
1995 Troy Aikman
1994 Steve Young
1993 Troy Aikman
1992 Troy Aikman

See a recurring trend here?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your first rounder « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools