Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TAKE CB E.J. BIGGERS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2009, 05:57:09 PM

WHO????? � hes not on the radar on the cnnsi draft breakdown... �I would have grabbed that RB from Liberty instead.  I know we need a CB, but tHis scrub isnt goiung to play for us, ever.  

Mack went undrafted last year and he played.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 26, 2009, 05:57:14 PM

Well, he's fast as hell and held his own in a pass-happy conference. 4 year starter at a position of need. Could be worse.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 26, 2009, 05:57:21 PM

Woo-hoo, we got another guy that can't be found in most draft guides or websites!  >:(

Snook

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 26, 2009, 05:57:49 PM

Rah also knows DBs...

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 26, 2009, 05:58:00 PM

� Fast.

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2009/04/biggers_speedy_pro_day_workout.html

good read

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 26, 2009, 05:58:49 PM

4.32 for a 7th round pick.  Our HC is an elite DB coach and he likes him.   That says it all

Snook

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 26, 2009, 05:58:58 PM

Woo-hoo, we got another guy that can't be found in most draft guides or websites! �>:(

Oh no!!  That must mean he's an awful football player.  Afterall, is there a mock draft out there that's actually been right?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 26, 2009, 05:59:05 PM

-Cornerback E.J. Biggers posted a time of 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash at Western Michigan University's pro day in March

KALAMAZOO -- Forty measly yards ...

It's not far. Like 40 steps, maybe.

How E.J. Biggers took those steps, though, could be the reason he has an NFL career.

"A lot of guys get nervous," Biggers said of the 40-yard dash. "That's when they run badly. For me, it was just like another play."

Like any other play, except if you trip or stumble or simply don't get a good jump, for an under-the-radar cornerback like Biggers, game over.

However, if you run it in a shade over 4.3 seconds, it's game on.

That's what Biggers did at Western Michigan University's pro day in mid-March -- and it turned an almost certain undrafted free agent into a very possible late-round selection in this weekend's NFL Draft.

"We were all expecting him at least to get in a (training) camp," said Jeff Bertani, Biggers' high school coach at North Miami Beach. "But after he ran that 4.3, I think it opened a lot of people's eyes that he's the type of player you have to draft."

E.J. Biggers"Everywhere I've been, they're like, 'Man, you jumped up on everyone's radar. Your stock's really rising,'" Biggers said. "I wish it didn't have to happen. I wish I was already on people's radar. But I'm happy for the opportunity."

Tampa Bay, San Diego, Houston, Miami and, late last week, Detroit, all brought Biggers in for a visit.

"I just want to get the opportunity, just get the opportunity to get in camp and make a team and prove people wrong," Biggers said. "I know I'll make the team. I'll show up every day like I did in college."

http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.ssf/2009/04/biggers_speedy_pro_day_workout.html

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 26, 2009, 05:59:20 PM

Well, he's fast as hell and held his own in a pass-happy conference. 4 year starter at a position of need. Could be worse.
Good enough for me.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 26, 2009, 06:00:23 PM

Cool that he is from Florida, too.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

#25 : April 26, 2009, 06:00:30 PM

yeah....   he's fast.   yawn.   so what.  Im sure he was fast in high school too, but the best he could do was Western Michigan because he's a lousy CB.   he can sit on the bench with Jackson and they can run sprints together

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 26, 2009, 06:00:46 PM

The Bucs have been VERY, VERY high on him this offseason. We had him in our final version of the mock draft going to Tampa Bay in the seventh round (the actual pick, IIRC). The Bucs think this guy can be another Elbert Mack - a real sleeper in the draft that can develop into a really good pro.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#27 : April 26, 2009, 06:01:20 PM

dudes a beast. He was said to be almost as good as delmas if he had gained more weight. Dudes quick with a 36 inch vert. Good pick!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 26, 2009, 06:02:14 PM

He has upside which is nice.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 26, 2009, 06:02:45 PM

yeah.... � he's fast. � yawn. � so what. �Im sure he was fast in high school too, but the best he could do was Western Michigan because he's a lousy CB. � he can sit on the bench with Jackson and they can run sprints together

Again, what do you want in R7. Good players are already gone.  The Bucs drafted  a guy who has the physical tools to play n the NFL even though odds are he won't.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS TAKE CB E.J. BIGGERS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools