Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the coin flip? (for the 3rd draft pick) « previous next »
Page: 1

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
: February 03, 2007, 10:42:18 AM

And will it be televised?

Ill tailgate to watch that baby!!!

Seriously... Is it today or tomorrow (Sunday)

catch2355

Practice Squad

#1 : February 03, 2007, 10:45:34 AM

its at the combine.....

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#2 : February 03, 2007, 10:50:31 AM

Man.. I thought it took place Superbowl weekend.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#3 : February 03, 2007, 10:55:28 AM

ya i dont kno why they wait so long

vipmark

Starter
#4 : February 03, 2007, 12:18:16 PM

I heard it will be in an office at the combine, just the GM's and some NFL officals, no fanfare.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 03, 2007, 12:53:44 PM

We'll definitely know by March if that helps any...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#6 : February 03, 2007, 02:30:57 PM

yeah from what ive heard its around the end of february,  but honestly, does it make a difference if we are #3 or #4? with our position of who we probably want to draft?

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 03, 2007, 03:09:23 PM

Last year it took place during the combine weekend. The year before that it was early march just before free agency. It should happen around that time. I am betting that it happens during the combine again. As for it being televised, I bet there will be some coverage but I don't know if it will be live. They could schedule it for a time during their live combine coverage. At this point, I still think it does matter 3 vs 4.

There's still a chance that Detroit and Oakland will take a QB. If Joe Thomas was there and Cleveland was in front of us, then they would take him. There's also the worst case scenario...Oakland takes CJ, Detroit takes Thomas, and then we lose the toss and Cleveland takes the QB they want. That would leave us at 4 with someone like Quinn left. If that happens, we could either take him or trade down to 7 or something like that and pick up extra picks and then draft someone like Okoye. I really don't want to draft a QB.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

gharen

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 03, 2007, 05:41:43 PM

If were third, there might be a few running back needy teams that want to jump ahead of Cleveland if there worried the Browns will take Peterson.

#9 : February 03, 2007, 07:46:43 PM

yeah from what ive heard its around the end of february, but honestly, does it make a difference if we are #3 or #4? with our position of who we probably want to draft?

Of course it matters. Picking 4th allows for the Browns to trade the 3rd pick to someone willing to move up and nab Calvin Johnson.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#10 : February 03, 2007, 07:49:40 PM

If were third, there might be a few running back needy teams that want to jump ahead of Cleveland if there worried the Browns will take Peterson.

??? what ??? why in the hell would anyone be worried about us taking Peterson??? word of the day ... ridiculous
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: When is the coin flip? (for the 3rd draft pick) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools