Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our QBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 16, 2006, 09:59:59 AM

LOL.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 16, 2006, 10:04:04 AM

Sparky - Grads has over achieved for a raw rookie, and he has shown he fits the offense perfectly.  Don't you think nerves and adrenaline had anything to do with the innaccurate passes yesterday.

You are out of your mind if you think Gruden will be even considering taking a look at any other QBs right now, Grads is the man.

#17 : October 16, 2006, 10:06:13 AM

We have a deep threat in Galloway. He's not much use in that role if we don't have a QB who can make the throw.
That's stupid. Just because Galloway is fast doesn't mean he can't be used in short and intermediate patterns. He has the speed to turn short passes (i.e. at SF last year) into big gains.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 16, 2006, 10:07:16 AM

You are out of your mind if you think Gruden will be even considering taking a look at any other QBs right now, Grads is the man.

You're right. He was almost the starter on day one. It's his job to lose, not someone else's to win.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 16, 2006, 10:07:32 AM

Gradkowski was not accurate or decisive yesterday. He looked like the rookie that he is and more like what I would have expected in his first start. From what I remember about McCown, the trajectory of his long passes is much, much flatter. That indicates to me that he has the stronger arm. Nobody in their right mind would predict the Bucs to reach the playoffs with a rookie QB and a schedule like we have. Under those circumstances, play the young guys who have some potential to be here next year. Give them some game experience and find out who can contribute.

If McCown is a better QB, I want to know that now, not when he's playing for someone else. Divide the playing time within the game so we can evaluate how they fare against the same team.

Gradkowski was as decisive as they come when talking about this offense.  His accuracy was way off but that is not typical of him compared to what has shown in the past.  Gradkowksi does not have a problem with deep passes as he showed last week he was able to hit a lot of deep throws and sideline throws as well.  Simply put chalk this up as a rookie game for him but he still pulled off a good game. 

Luke does not have a strong arm.  He has the weakest arm of the three compared to Simms and Grads.  Luke is not like his brother Josh McCown who is the polar opposite.  Josh McCown has a rocket arm and that is why he is in Martz' offense which relies on the QB having a strong arm to attack downfield.  Luke is an athletic QB that relies on the short passing game not the deep ball like his brother did while he was in Zona.

Gradkowski has a lot of potential to be here next year just based on the fact he won the #2 starting job as a rookie and was impressive in doing so.  McCown's game is similar to Grads but he is not 4.6 fast as Grads nor does he posses Grad's accuracy.  Luke could beat out Grads but with the way Grads has progressed thus far it is hard to imagine at this point in time.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 16, 2006, 10:09:36 AM

McCown does have a decent arm actually, but he isn't beating Grads out anytime soon.  One thing is for sure, Simms will not be in Tampa next season.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 16, 2006, 10:10:55 AM

McCown does have a decent arm actually, but he isn't beating Grads out anytime soon.  One thing is for sure, Simms will not be in Tampa next season.

Luke's arm strength is better than Rattay's (even Gannon and Brad have better arm strength than Rattay unfortunately) but it definatley is not stronger than Grads nor Simms. 

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 18, 2006, 01:07:26 AM

That's stupid. Just because Galloway is fast doesn't mean he can't be used in short and intermediate patterns. He has the speed to turn short passes (i.e. at SF last year) into big gains.

What is stupid is your level of comprehension. I never said he couldn't be used in other ways. What I did say amounts to this. In order to have a deep threat, a team needs first, a receiver with the speed necessary to get deep quickly, and second, a QB with the arm strength necessary to throw the ball deep. If a team is missing either one, they are not a deep threat.

Simms has the strongest and most accurate deep ball. McCown is second, IMO. Gradkowski's long throws are of the Hail Mary variety. They are neither deep nor accurate, and will always draw a crowd. Arm strength at his age is not correctable to any great degree. He will need every other attribute available to him to improve with experience, because his arm strength will not.

Simms has most likely played his last game for us. He is as good as gone. Gradkowski will never be a deep threat throwing rainbow passes. McCown is our only hope if Gruden wants to use that part of his playbook.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : October 18, 2006, 01:21:38 AM

I understand there will be a ceremony next week where Jon will officially adopt Bruce. Gradkowski not Allen. :o ::)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Our QBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools