Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you trade............ « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : February 03, 2007, 06:55:31 PM

Freeney is a proven elite talent compared to the potential elite talent their at #3/4. Also a trade is not finalized until a long term contract is established. I mean the #3/4 pick will command a huge signing bonus anyways just like Freeney would. But only difference is that Freeney is proven that he is elite at the NFL level.

It won't even be close. Freeny is going to command a ton more than any draft pick.

Mario Williams last year (2006) signed a six year contract for $56 millions with a $26.5 million signing bonus.  

Freeney will probably be offered a seven year deal for $65 million with a $30 million signing bonus for 2007.  Do not be suprised if the the top five players in this year's draft (2007)each make more money than Freeney and each receive more guaranteed money than Freeney.

Last years #3 and #4 picks in the 2006 draft received this money:

#3 overall Vince Young received a five year contract for $58 million with $25.7 million guaranteed money.

#4 overall D'Brickshaw Ferguson received a five year contract for $35 million with a $18 million in guaranteed money .

That was 2006.  Expect those numbers to increase for 2007!  o.O

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#31 : February 03, 2007, 06:58:18 PM

How in the hell is Caddy a one hit wonder? 2,000 yards in 2 seasons.....not at all shabby considering we didn't have a 1k yard back for a few years, no?
Caddy, Clayton, Grads, and maybe Buenning...Gruden's draft record is poor.

Since when do the opinion of trolls count? ???
How can Grads be a negative? How many 6th round QBs start 10 games and don't get killed (9 TDs, 9 INTs, 3 wins)

Yeah ignore Mike he is a troll :D

I mean how can a 4th round pick that is a starter at left guard (and probably your best o-lineman) be a poor pick?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : February 03, 2007, 07:00:25 PM

Yes because we already know Gruden doesn't know how to draft young good talent at this point.

I disagree. I do not think Bruce Allen and the Bucs FO has done a poor job of drafting young talent. Quite the opposite actually.
Ehh Clayton looks like a bust.. Caddy had an awful year.. and none of the other lower round picks have done much of anything, so at this point I would say that Bruce A. Doesn't know talent or B. Gruden can only coach veterans that can tune him out.

Other than Clayton I disagree.

The Bucs went 11-5 fielding young players on offense.  It was an approach different and foreign to Gruden's comfort level (he prefers veterans) but it paid off.  Now Gruden has to show some faith in the young guys to pull it together and not dump them for the vets. 

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#33 : February 03, 2007, 07:01:57 PM

How can Grads be a negative? How many 6th round QBs start 10 games and don't get killed (9 TDs, 9 INTs, 3 wins)
Neither negative nor positive. But not in Bue's n Caddy's class

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

#34 : February 03, 2007, 07:02:34 PM

How in the hell is Caddy a one hit wonder? 2,000 yards in 2 seasons.....not at all shabby considering we didn't have a 1k yard back for a few years, no?

I mean how can a 4th round pick that is a starter at left guard (and probably your best o-lineman) be a poor pick?
LOL, since I disagree with you I must be a troll. And I said MAYBE Buenning, since the FO is supposedly down on him.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#35 : February 03, 2007, 07:03:34 PM

Yes because we already know Gruden doesn't know how to draft young good talent at this point.

I disagree. I do not think Bruce Allen and the Bucs FO has done a poor job of drafting young talent. Quite the opposite actually.
Ehh Clayton looks like a bust.. Caddy had an awful year.. and none of the other lower round picks have done much of anything, so at this point I would say that Bruce A. Doesn't know talent or B. Gruden can only coach veterans that can tune him out.

Other than Clayton I disagree.

The Bucs went 11-5 fielding young players on offense. It was an approach different and foreign to Gruden's comfort level (he prefers veterans) but it paid off. Now Gruden has to show some faith in the young guys to pull it together and not dump them for the vets.
Forget young guys and vets! Let your best players start!

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

#36 : February 03, 2007, 07:03:45 PM

It was strictly a "hypathetical" thought with the idea being, if the Colts go ahead and win the SuperBowl how sweet it would be for them to then turn around and have the #3 or 4 pick a few months later by trading Freeney to us.  

#37 : February 03, 2007, 07:04:29 PM

It was strictly a "hypathetical" thought with the idea being that, if the Colts go ahead and win the SuperBowl how sweet it would be for them to then turn around and have the #3 or 4 pick a few months later by trading Freeney to us. 
...In that case since you wanna think of how sweet for the Colts....#### them, #### this idea, and #### the fact you'd want a deal to be sweeter for them.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#38 : February 03, 2007, 07:05:02 PM

It was strictly a "hypathetical" thought with the idea being, if the Colts go ahead and win the SuperBowl how sweet it would be for them to then turn around and have the #3 or 4 pick a few months later by trading Freeney to us.  

why would they want that pick? who would they draft with it? an unproven defensive end?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#39 : February 03, 2007, 07:06:20 PM

LOL, since I disagree with you I must be a troll. And I said MAYBE Buenning, since the FO is supposedly down on him.

I know you are a troll why beat around the bush? :D  Let me tell you a secret.  I am considered a HOJ (Hater of Jon)around these parts aka anti -Grudenista.  Nothing wrong with people disagreeing as it happens often on these boards.

Anyone with a limited casual football fan knowledge knows that a fourth round pick that is a starting for a football team is not a bad draft pick.  

Know go re-read what you posted.  8)

#40 : February 03, 2007, 07:07:38 PM

I know you are a troll why beat around the bush? :D  Let me tell you a secret.  I am considered a HOJ (Hater of Jon)around these parts aka anti -Grudenista.  Nothing wrong with people disagreeing as it happens often on these boards.

Anyone with a limited casual football fan knowledge knows that a fourth round pick that is a starting for a football team is not a bad draft pick. 

Know go re-read what you posted.  8)
Why don't YOU read my post? I said MAYBE Buenning.

#41 : February 03, 2007, 07:09:50 PM

...In that case since you wanna think of how sweet for the Colts....#### them, #### this idea, and #### the fact you'd want a deal to be sweeter for them.

It would be a sweet deal for BOTH of us dumbass.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#42 : February 03, 2007, 07:11:49 PM

I know you are a troll why beat around the bush? :D Let me tell you a secret. I am considered a HOJ (Hater of Jon)around these parts aka anti -Grudenista. Nothing wrong with people disagreeing as it happens often on these boards.

Know go re-read what you posted. 8)
Why don't YOU read my post? I said MAYBE Buenning.

Like that makes a difference. 

Not even a maybe!  Fourth round picks that start on a football team and is arguably your best offensive lineman for that unit and you say maybe?

Go back under your bridge. :D

#43 : February 03, 2007, 07:13:25 PM

He was injured most of the year and apparently the FO is down on him. What don't you understand about that? You're basing this off of 1 year.

#44 : February 03, 2007, 07:17:53 PM

It would be a sweet deal for BOTH of us dumbass.
I would kick your ass...oh whoops went Chrispy like there....but seriously don't call me a dumbass considering you have the posting intelligence of a gorilla on weed.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Would you trade............ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools