Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TE Alex Smith traded « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
#30 : April 30, 2009, 05:48:20 PM

If all they got was a 6th or 7th rounder, I would have waited until end of training camp in case one of our 3 tight ends gets injured.  Plus, it is likely other TEs around the league WILL get injured during the preseason, and thus we could have had a more desperate buyer for him.   I like the idea of trading him, I dont like the compensation. Waiting 3 months would have resulted in greater value.  Mark Dominik lost on this trade. He should have thought things through a bit more thoroughly.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 30, 2009, 05:53:43 PM

If they let him go for a 6th round, they're incompetent!  Why now?  Wait and see, maybe a TE gets hurt for another team.  Smith is a very adequate TE.  The TE position was never used effectively in Grudens system.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 30, 2009, 05:55:08 PM

Probably getting the 5th back from the KW trade.  

Will be interesting to see what kind of #s he puts up in NE

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 30, 2009, 05:56:02 PM

If all they got was a 6th or 7th rounder, I would have waited until end of training camp in case one of our 3 tight ends gets injured.  Plus, it is likely other TEs around the league WILL get injured during the preseason, and thus we could have had a more desperate buyer for him.   I like the idea of trading him, I dont like the compensation. Waiting 3 months would have resulted in greater value. Mark Dominik lost on this trade. He should have thought things through a bit more thoroughly.

That's a lot of assumption you're using for the conclusion...

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 30, 2009, 05:58:01 PM

Probably getting the 5th back from the KW trade. 

Will be interesting to see what kind of #s he puts up in NE

Yea, that make sense, although I think they should have waited.  What if K2 knees aren't what Dominik thinks?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 30, 2009, 06:14:44 PM

or maybe he sucks more balls than your posts...
I think that's it.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 30, 2009, 06:04:38 PM

Sweet I can't believe we got something for him.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 30, 2009, 06:06:17 PM

Smith is worth more than a late round pick and Brady will show you why.

Hopefully the balls from Brady will be easier for him to catch, because the reason it's him being traded and not Gilmore is Smith's case of the dropsies.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 30, 2009, 06:08:57 PM

My info is that they tried to trade him during the draft as well, with no serious offers.

Says we got a 6 or 7 from them. Good deal for them since anything they get in R6 or R7 won't be as good as Smith.
Yeah you mean like Tom Brady?

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 30, 2009, 06:12:16 PM

Hopefully the balls from Brady will be easier for him to catch, because the reason it's him being traded and not Gilmore is Smith's case of the dropsies.
Maybe Smith likes to catch spirals instead of knuckleballs.

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

#40 : April 30, 2009, 06:13:26 PM

or maybe he sucks more balls than your posts...

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#41 : April 30, 2009, 06:16:54 PM

Great. Just another weapon gone, for like a 5th rounder. :/

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 30, 2009, 06:22:43 PM

I'm trying to think of a clever retort, but I got nothin'.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#43 : April 30, 2009, 06:23:33 PM

Smith is worth more than a late round pick and Brady will show you why.

A steal for the Patriots. Smith may get a ring next season, too.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 30, 2009, 06:24:36 PM

Â   We had a "window of opportunity" to get something for him and took it. If we waited, New England would have gotten someone else. If that "potential" injury to another teams' TE doesn't happen, what would we get then?  

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TE Alex Smith traded « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools