Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

: October 16, 2006, 12:26:54 AM

Second-year left guard Dan Buenning, arguably the club's most consistent lineman in 2005, was benched for much of the 14-13 triumph against Cincinnati.

Buenning, who has never missed a pro start when healthy, quickly bolted the locker room.

He struggled in pass protection last week at New Orleans and was given an early hook Sunday while Trueblood and Joseph capably manned the right side of the offensive line.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBQEGT7CTE.html

Ugh, its two steps forward, one step back for this offensive line. I hope Buenning pulls himself together, the last thing we need is to fill another vacancy on our line.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2006, 12:30:19 AM

I can't believe how much PT Mahan has received this season, especially when you consider his performance.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#2 : October 16, 2006, 12:31:57 AM

How bad was Buenning though? It is hard to watch the OL until you go back and look specifically for them but seriously, Mahan is terrible. I refuse to believe that Buenning is worse.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2006, 12:35:42 AM

Maybe Gruden just thought Buenning needed a little kick in the ass.  Maybe we are shopping someone via trade.  Who knows.  If we need help on the OL, though, Leonard Davis is on the block and would give us a lot of options.  Of course he would need to do some serious restructuring in order for a trade to happen.

TDTB

Second String

#4 : October 16, 2006, 12:52:02 AM

It seems to me Gruden gets down on some players WAY too quickly, but at the same time stuck with soe questionable one's for baffling amounts of time. I think he just doesn't want these young guys to get lax and sit around and think they're untouchable.

Watching Mahan is getting painful honestly.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 16, 2006, 01:20:20 AM

Maybe Gruden's trying to shop Mahan around as a versatile lineman. Buenning has been nothing but solid for the team and has the aggresiveness that a running team needs. The Mahan for C project may have backfired and maybe some other team needs a versatile interior lineman that gets pushed around alot.

coopsxx

Starter
#6 : October 16, 2006, 02:57:34 AM

maybe this is us

EAGLES GETTING CALLS ABOUT JEAN-GILLES

A league source tells us that the Eagles are receiving phone calls from teams interested in trading for rookie guard Max Jean-Gilles.

Jean-Gilles, a fourth-round pick in the 2006 draft, appears on the team's depth chart as the No. 2 man at left guard.

It's unlikely that the Eagles will move him, unless someone offers something that would represent a major upgrade on paper over a fourth-round selection.  As one league insider remarked, "Andy Reid likes to have a lot of guys around who are his size."

Reid's objective isn't to minimize his own girth by surrounding himself with other men of ample proportion, but to ensure that he always has enough offensive and defensive linemen around.  The game, as Reid believes, is won in the trenches.

And Jean-Gilles can fill up a trench or two at six-foot-three, and 358 pounds.

Even though Jean-Gilles is a rookie, the rules permit him to be traded.  Only unsigned rookies cannot be traded beyond a certain point following the draft.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

#7 : October 16, 2006, 08:08:46 AM

I think it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too premature to read much into sitting Buenning down.  IMO, Buenning is here for the long-haul.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 16, 2006, 12:25:09 PM

Is Buenning hurt?

#9 : October 16, 2006, 12:27:01 PM

To me it appears Mahan is getting showcased.

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 16, 2006, 12:51:33 PM

FWIW, here's what Muir had to say:

Line coach Bill Muir said not to read anything into the change.

"Sean, we feel, is a good football player," Muir said. "And I didn't want to leave any game we play without him having some opportunities."

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/10/16/Bucs/Bryant_experiences_an.shtml

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 16, 2006, 12:59:22 PM

"Sean, we feel, is a good football player," Muir said. "And I didn't want to leave any game we play without him having some opportunities."

Either Muir is delusional or Mahan is being showcased as many have said here in this thread. 

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 16, 2006, 01:00:41 PM

Either Muir is delusional or Mahan is being showcased as many have said here in this thread. 

No way I would buy a used car off Muir.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2006, 01:38:21 PM

In the grand scheme of things how much does this make AD look like a better oline addition?  I mean everyone was on Buenings jock last year.  Take nothing from his play which was good for a rook, but you slap "Raggedy Ann" next to him and we still run to the left, effectively I might add.  Makes me wonder who the real leader/stud is on this line.  Also where are all the people calling for Bill Muir today?  Where is the this line sucks?  Or the they are going to get the QB killed comments?  By no means are any of them bound for the Pro Bowl this year, but I hope you guys still realize that they are all young, with the exception of Wade.  Oh and BTW they are all playing the positions they should be playing.  Except Mahan, he needs to be picking splinters with Booger...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 16, 2006, 01:40:02 PM

Except Mahan, he needs to be picking splinters with Booger...

On somebody elses bench, as well. :-

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools