Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : October 16, 2006, 01:50:33 PM

No way I would buy a used car off Muir.

I dunno...I'm just disturbed by Buenning's play going back to last week.  At the beginning of the season, if there was a sturdy spot on our line, I thought it was LG.  I'm hoping this lights a fire under him.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 16, 2006, 02:04:07 PM

I dunno...I'm just disturbed by Buenning's play going back to last week. At the beginning of the season, if there was a sturdy spot on our line, I thought it was LG. I'm hoping this lights a fire under him.

What did he do so bad last week other than assist Caddy to his first c-note for the year?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 16, 2006, 02:23:23 PM

In the grand scheme of things how much does this make AD look like a better oline addition?  I mean everyone was on Buenings jock last year.  Take nothing from his play which was good for a rook, but you slap "Raggedy Ann" next to him and we still run to the left, effectively I might add.  Makes me wonder who the real leader/stud is on this line.  Also where are all the people calling for Bill Muir today?  Where is the this line sucks?  Or the they are going to get the QB killed comments?  By no means are any of them bound for the Pro Bowl this year, but I hope you guys still realize that they are all young, with the exception of Wade.  Oh and BTW they are all playing the positions they should be playing.  Except Mahan, he needs to be picking splinters with Booger...
I'll still call it.  I think Muir sux.  I think it's no small coincidence that we are finally seing the O-Line make progress just when we brought Kromer over.  Last year and this have been the biggest steps forward, and Kromer's been here for both.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 16, 2006, 02:26:23 PM

I'll still call it. I think Muir sux. I think it's no small coincidence that we are finally seing the O-Line make progress just when we brought Kromer over. Last year and this have been the biggest steps forward, and Kromer's been here for both.

I think a big part of that is that we are no longer drafting "Muir guys":  too small to be hogs and not athletic enough to zone block.  We are getting beefier and it is paying off.

coopsxx

Starter
#19 : October 16, 2006, 02:52:11 PM

exactly. and i think D is next. It was ok in 1996 to have a 225 LB and a 290 DT. Not anymore. You can get a guy brooks speed at 250 now and Sapps ant over 300.

Though they are rare

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 16, 2006, 03:12:58 PM

I'll still call it. I think Muir sux. I think it's no small coincidence that we are finally seing the O-Line make progress just when we brought Kromer over. Last year and this have been the biggest steps forward, and Kromer's been here for both.

Kromer, IMO, is an extension of Muir.  You bash one you bash the other.  You can't tell me Muir believes in one thing or technique and Kromer is teaching something different.  That doesn't make sense to me...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 16, 2006, 03:26:06 PM

exactly. and i think D is next. It was ok in 1996 to have a 225 LB and a 290 DT. Not anymore. You can get a guy brooks speed at 250 now and Sapps ant over 300.

Though they are rare

You almost get the feeling Shawn Taylor would make for a great Willbacker in Tampa.

#22 : October 16, 2006, 03:48:42 PM

What did he do so bad last week other than assist Caddy to his first c-note for the year?

If I remember correctly, he had a pair of penalties last week, also contributing to the Grads fumble.  Although Will smith was the guy who caused the fumble, Buenning got bulled bad, Grads tried to step up, but there was no room.

I think Buenning is great, though.  I think he will be solid.  I'm hoping that this is more of a motivational ploy to keep him from getting complacent.  We'll see.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 16, 2006, 09:32:11 PM

Kromer, IMO, is an extension of Muir.  You bash one you bash the other.  You can't tell me Muir believes in one thing or technique and Kromer is teaching something different.  That doesn't make sense to me...

I disagree.

Kromer is the reason for the turn around for this o-line and Lomas Brown was the reason the Bucs o-line gelled in the Super Bowl season.  Kromer wants bigger OL while Muir is still pimping his smaller, Muir offensive lineman (Mahan). I mean read that response a few times and tell me something is not wrong with that statement lol.   To answer your question Buenning is not playing very good this year but not that poor either.  I mean he has made mistakes but not as many as Muir's lovechild (Mahan).   

Kromer is the one that was for drafting Joseph as outlined in a St Pete times article in January.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 16, 2006, 09:39:51 PM

no way the bucs would pull a starter in a close game at home to showcase a guy who might net a 4th rounder in a trade. especially when there's a season worth of tape on the guy already.  aboslutely illogical.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 16, 2006, 09:42:30 PM

no way the bucs would pull a starter in a close game at home to showcase a guy who might net a 4th rounder in a trade. especially when there's a season worth of tape on the guy already.  aboslutely illogical.

We can throw that crazy theory out but according to Muir's statement he wants Mahan to receive playing time???   Mahan does not look good at RG or LG but Muir insists on putting him out there?  I do not hate Mahan as he is playing out of his natural position but Muir's statement is simply puzzling.  Either Muir is delusional like I said or it is possible he is deflecting flack from Buenning being benched???

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 16, 2006, 10:20:51 PM

We can throw that crazy theory out but according to Muir's statement he wants Mahan to receive playing time???   Mahan does not look good at RG or LG but Muir insists on putting him out there?  I do not hate Mahan as he is playing out of his natural position but Muir's statement is simply puzzling.  Either Muir is delusional like I said or it is possible he is deflecting flack from Buenning being benched???

i think muir's trying not to put too much heat on buenning in the press, but i think the coaches just saw something in buenning that told them he just wasn't up to it today.  i don't know what it was, but i don't think it puts a dent in buenning's long-term situation.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 17, 2006, 07:45:51 AM

I disagree.

Kromer is the reason for the turn around for this o-line and Lomas Brown was the reason the Bucs o-line gelled in the Super Bowl season. Kromer wants bigger OL while Muir is still pimping his smaller, Muir offensive lineman (Mahan). I mean read that response a few times and tell me something is not wrong with that statement lol. To answer your question Buenning is not playing very good this year but not that poor either. I mean he has made mistakes but not as many as Muir's lovechild (Mahan).

Kromer is the one that was for drafting Joseph as outlined in a St Pete times article in January.

How can they not be on the same page?  Come on ADW.  You're telling me that the assistant to the assistant coach is running that group?  And please you gotta come more credible than the fish wrap....

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 17, 2006, 08:19:38 AM

Muir or Kromer has as much to say about who gets PT as I do.  Gruden is 100% in charge of who plays and who doesnt.  If you think otherwise, I have a bridge that I would like to sell you at a wonderful price.  Beunning, aka John Hannah, is sitting down because he misses tons of assignments in his pass blocking.  We all see it out there, this isn't that big a shock. 

This is a pass first, second, and third offense.  When you are playing at home against the leagues 28th ranked run D in a tight game, and you only give your tailback 19 carries, but give your rookie 6th round QB 46 pass attempts, you arent all that concerened about the running game. 

One question, why do the rookies the last few years have good first years, then fall out of favor the next?  Even Cadillac went from being Payton Jr. to a 19 carry type.  Weird phenonemon. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 17, 2006, 08:38:19 AM

Where's the bridge, bc your premise is 100% wrong.

Will replay the last couple of games to check out Buenning's performance, maybe even look at Mahan.

Chev - the oline is staying in place.  I don't see the improvement - some decent run blocking - still using too many extras (tes and rbs) for pass protect.  Too many 2 receiver routes.  I still don't think this group is producing anywhere near where they should be.  And I still think they need a kick ass guard that makes folks wonder about surviving the game.  Had him and cut him.  Heck, the way things have gone he could have stepped in at DT as well. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Trueblood, Joseph, somebody else, Buenning and Davis.  But they need to play better as their unit that can deal with 4-5 rushers without everyone else having to account for what should be their man.   As to the batted ball issue, well it appears to be settled with qb replacement and movement of new qb.  I do note the is a difference in the depth of qb drop - this continues to make me wonder about the relationship of both qbs to the HC. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buenning Benched « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools