Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers game perfect time to start Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 30, 2009, 02:44:02 PM

Obviously McClown is too highly thought of!  Cleveland got rid of him, Gruden failed to play him, Raheem traded for another vet QB and drafted a QB in the first round....the common denominator is that Puke sucks!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#31 : April 30, 2009, 03:37:26 PM

And? We used a 1st round pick on Freeman. We got our QB of the future for better or for worse. What's the point of seeing exactly who the REAL McCown is? Play the best man from the beginning this year be it Leftwich, McCown, or Freeman.

Don't see any reason to let any other QB get experience while the franchise QB does nothing and just pushes his progression back by not playing.

Sometimes the best thing for a young QBs progression is to sit there, hold a clip board and learn from watching.  May or may not be the case here.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#32 : May 01, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

He's NOT playing this year unless everyone else breaks their leg, so get over it and enjoy those players who will be starting for us like - Luke McCown.

? I bet he plays this year...I already have more confidence in him than other QB on the roster.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#33 : May 01, 2009, 01:10:36 AM

Raheem looks like a school boy seeing his first ice cream truck every time he talks about the kid.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#34 : May 01, 2009, 02:51:45 AM

Everybody in the new regime was high on McCown until after Jagz got here. Something tells me he might have put the nail in the coffin after working with and seeing McCown.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#35 : May 01, 2009, 10:35:30 AM

Obviously McClown is too highly thought of! Cleveland got rid of him, Gruden failed to play him, Raheem traded for another vet QB and drafted a QB in the first round....the common denominator is that Puke sucks!

LMFAO@ your sig. Best one I have ever seen.

bucsense

Practice Squad

#36 : May 01, 2009, 10:42:04 AM

I would rather have Josh Freeman watch and learn from the sidelines this year and see what Luke McCown can do.

Dude, you might audition for SNL when you get a chance........

blitz

Pro Bowler
#37 : May 01, 2009, 12:27:44 PM

These threads on the starting QB are becoming annoying.   The big question is whether the team is better all around?   Is it??  If it isn't, why isn't?   

I haven't seen one good reason stated why Tampa won't be better than it was last year.   The team cut  some dead wood.   That's about it.

Two new coordinators have something to prove.  The two old ones didn't.   This team will not lose because of lack of effort.

I expect to see improvement on both sides of the ball, especially since the running game will rock and the QB, whoever he is, will be able to see downfield for a change.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#38 : May 01, 2009, 01:50:26 PM

I say he plays when he is ready.

QFT

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Packers game perfect time to start Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools