Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excitement level building « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: May 01, 2009, 08:51:32 PM

Exciting times ahead for us fanatics, with Morris and Dominik at the helm, they have gone against the grain and ousted fans favorites in order to get better and younger, all while giving the young players a vote of confidence and a chance to prove there worth.

The competition they have created on both sides of the football and within each positional group is remarkable considering many feel they haven't done enough. I for one think that while the team might not have a playoff run in 2009 the excitement level they will create on the field with a physical style of play is going to have plenty of fans jumping on the dream train and actually boost the franchise up a few notches compared to where it is right now.

I for one can't express how excited I am right now after looking over the roster and thinking of what might become of some of these young players, this draft could easily be the building blocks of the future along with holdovers from the past regime.

For anyone who still thinks Dominik and Morris have no plan, you can truly see it unfolding before your eyes.

It will only be a matter of time before the Bucs are a legitimate contender again, man hope springs eternal in this fan.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 01, 2009, 09:06:24 PM

I can appreciate the excitement - unfortunately for me it is mixed heavily with anxiety insofar and the defense is concerned. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#2 : May 01, 2009, 09:15:38 PM

getting bigger is a good step forward especially when Bates is going to crash the middle with bigger dts

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : May 01, 2009, 09:22:55 PM

Excitement is not how I'd characterize it. Many Buc fans had to be talked down from jumping off the Skyway last weekend.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : May 01, 2009, 09:23:04 PM

good read Yuc! truly spoken from the heart and very true, i am looking forward to the season and beating the CowGirls

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#5 : May 01, 2009, 09:23:41 PM

Did I just stumble into a pep rally?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 01, 2009, 09:40:42 PM

Not gonna lie, I am pretty excited as well. Although we may struggle through next year, if Freeman shows he can play I am going to be very excited for the future. I hope that Morris can effectively build his "violent" team. I feel like at times we were very soft under Gruden. The youth is something we have not experienced around here in a long time...hopeful that we have found our way back on the path.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#7 : May 01, 2009, 09:49:45 PM

Did I just stumble into a pep rally?

Yes you did.

I want to see what the new scheme changes can or can't do for this football team.

I am stoked y'all. 8)

#8 : May 01, 2009, 10:04:34 PM

It's exciting when Dominick and Morris get rid of fan favorites but when GruAllen got rid of Lynch and Sapp and they were ungrateful  jerks. LOL. Funny board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#9 : May 01, 2009, 10:07:02 PM

It's exciting when Dominick and Morris get rid of fan favorites but when GruAllen got rid of Lynch and Sapp and they were ungrateful  jerks. LOL. Funny board.

I was excited to see what Phillips would do in in Lynch's place, and as for Sapp's departure that was a monetary decision primarily.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 01, 2009, 10:37:34 PM

Lynch and Sapp had quite a few years left in them, Brooks, Galloway, Dunn, and Garcia, not so much.  This was a purge that had to be made. Have to give Dominik and Morris credit for having the courage to make such calls. Change is what we wanted, and change is what we're getting.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : May 01, 2009, 10:39:06 PM

My only worry is that this new "violent and physical" team doesn't land a bunch of players on IR so we are back to where we were last year.

#12 : May 01, 2009, 10:41:32 PM

Lynch and Sapp had quite a few years left in them, Brooks, Galloway, Dunn, and Garcia, not so much. This was a purge that had to be made. Have to give Dominik and Morris credit for having the courage to make such calls. Change is what we wanted, and change is what we're getting.

You beat me to it.

Comparing Lynch and Sapp at that time to Brooks, Dunn, Galloway of 2009 is a terrible comparison.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 01, 2009, 10:42:43 PM

My only worry is that this new "violent and physical" team doesn't land a bunch of players on IR so we are back to where we were last year.

Well that's why Raheem Morris said he wanted tough football players to play his style. You can't be physical and not be able to take a pounding.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : May 01, 2009, 11:09:33 PM

No disrespect to Jon, but while he was a head coach a lot of players ended up on IR.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excitement level building « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools