Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excitement level building « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : May 01, 2009, 11:20:41 PM

My only worry is that this new "violent and physical" team doesn't land a bunch of players on IR so we are back to where we were last year.

No disrespect to Jon, but while he was a head coach a lot of players ended up on IR.
This whole "violent" crap is absurd.  ALL ballers consider themselves tough as hell. All coaches want to their players to pack lumber.  To hit hard, to wrap up.

We ain't the Steelers man. 

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#16 : May 01, 2009, 11:50:13 PM

I am FIRED UP! I haven't been this excited about the start of Training Camp since the Summer Gruden got here! New Schemes, New Players, Youth, MMA Attitude, Violence..... I'M READY TO HIT SOMEBODY!

I love the competition at every position!

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 01, 2009, 11:54:28 PM

My only worry is that this new "violent and physical" team doesn't land a bunch of players on IR so we are back to where we were last year.

No disrespect to Jon, but while he was a head coach a lot of players ended up on IR.
This whole "violent" crap is absurd.  ALL ballers consider themselves tough as hell. All coaches want to their players to pack lumber.  To hit hard, to wrap up.

So.....Would you argue that the Saints and Rams are equally as "Violent" as the Ravens and The Steelers? All ballers may think they are tough, but it's different when the whole team embraces the philosophy and puts it into action every Sunday. I'm hoping, with my whole heart, that Rah is able to do that here!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : May 02, 2009, 12:28:56 AM

The excitement level has to build.   It can't be any lower than it has been.  The only way to go is up.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : May 02, 2009, 12:54:03 AM

talk is cheap.  as a matter of fact, it is free

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#20 : May 02, 2009, 01:06:29 AM

I will definitely miss Galloway and Brooks, but I know that their time was coming to an end, but....I am EXCITED about this season and so ready to watch the young team grow together...sure they'll be pains in it, but I think this team can be very very good...

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#21 : May 02, 2009, 01:20:53 AM

Even Mr. Slide-O-Matic, Dexter Jackson?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#22 : May 02, 2009, 10:05:24 PM

Even Mr. Slide-O-Matic, Dexter Jackson?

LOL @ "Slide-O-Matic!"

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : May 02, 2009, 10:11:52 PM

I think that's kinda the point.  Under Gruden we had no physical identity.  When you hear "smashmouth" you think of teams like Steelers, Titans, Giants, Ravens.  I think the FO wants to build us into the same type of team, with the same identity and reputation, and I damn sure hope they are successful.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : May 02, 2009, 10:43:14 PM

The youth is something we have not experienced around here in a long time...

I don't know about you but I watched plenty of young guys on this team last year.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#25 : May 02, 2009, 10:44:10 PM

I'm excited with a lot more of the younger guys, and the unheralded guys then ever before. However, I am doing my best to be realistic and realize that all of these guys are not going to work out... probably even the majority of them.

I am very pumped to watch these guys grow up.

cobraboy

Second String

#26 : May 03, 2009, 09:53:26 AM

This is the first season ever as a long-time Buc Fan that I have nearly ~zero~ "juice" going into the pre-season. I have no expectations, and am having difficulty garnering any excitement whatsoever.

I was much more pumped for the Richard Williamsom season.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

jcdoll

Starter

#27 : May 03, 2009, 10:59:12 AM

Don't understand all this youth talk.  Only old starters that have been let go are Brooks and Garcia other than that the team is basically the same with the exception of adding a 30 yr old RB and an often injured TE.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#28 : May 03, 2009, 11:04:53 AM

with the exception of adding a 30 yr old RB

Who's that?

jcdoll

Starter

#29 : May 03, 2009, 11:26:18 AM

with the exception of adding a 30 yr old RB

Who's that?

My bad 29...Derrick Ward

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Excitement level building « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools