Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

: February 03, 2007, 08:24:49 PM

What would be your opinion if the Bucs drafted Quinn?

How good an NFL QB do you think Quinn will be? What have you seen to back that up?

Do you think the Buc's long term answer at QB is currently on the roster?

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : February 03, 2007, 08:25:31 PM

I think he will be good, I wouldnt be too upset

I would rather have other players tho

do i think the bucs long term answer at qb is on the roster? NO

#2 : February 03, 2007, 08:28:31 PM

Quinn is alright, although he chokes in big games.

#3 : February 04, 2007, 12:00:05 AM

I am a huge Notre Dame fan as well as a fan of Brady Quinn's, but I think he will be really great in the RIGHT system and maybe Gruden's is not the one he'd succeed in. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 03, 2007, 09:10:43 PM

not sold on him yet ... he's gonna be one of those boom or bust guys IMO ... which way will he go?  I don't think we need to start over with another young question mark at QB.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#5 : February 03, 2007, 09:18:44 PM

We have too many QB's with potential.  Why should we add another one?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#6 : February 03, 2007, 10:54:04 PM

He's already better than any of the QB's on the roster.

#7 : February 03, 2007, 10:58:39 PM

What would be your opinion if the Bucs drafted Quinn?

Happy, he is worth a top five pick.

How good an NFL QB do you think Quinn will be? What have you seen to back that up?

I think he will be a pretty good franchise QB.  He needs to stop lobbing the ball up quite as much, but that is an easy fix.

Do you think the Buc's long term answer at QB is currently on the roster?

Hell No.

#8 : February 04, 2007, 12:52:24 AM

I am a huge Notre Dame fan as well as a fan of Brady Quinn's, but I think he will be really great in the RIGHT system and maybe Gruden's is not the one he'd succeed in.

I don't think Quinn is a system QB, he has a nice skill-set:

Strengths:
Has prototypical size...Hard worker and a leader with elite intangibles...Smart and does not make many mistakes with the ball...Very strong and does not go down easily...Arm strength is excellent...Is mechanically and technically sound...A good athlete who can move in the pocket and scramble a bit...Has a lot of experience against top-notch competition...Knows how to read a defense and has been well schooled in a pro-style offense by a noted quarterback guru...Is very tough and durable and has never missed any action despite taking quite a beating at times during his career...A clutch player who has come through big in tough situations and plays his best when the game is on the line...Is accustomed to the spotlight.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : February 04, 2007, 12:55:00 AM

He lost some of those "big" games.

#10 : February 04, 2007, 12:56:21 AM

The team around him blew.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#11 : February 04, 2007, 01:56:42 AM

that really doesnt mean much in college, lots of good qb's have lost in college, i dont get why people compare so much college stuff to NFL, there really is no comparison to be made, they are completely different

#12 : February 04, 2007, 11:20:10 AM

So did Peyton Manning.

BucLord

Starter

#13 : February 04, 2007, 11:36:42 AM

All we have are backup QB's on this team. None are franchise QB's

I'd take Quinn in a heartbeat, But the guy I thinks gonna be the next big deal is JaMarcus Russell. This kid is gonna be a pro-bowl QB. I'd get on the phone with the Raiders and see what they would want for the #1 pick. Lets be honest here folks, our bread and butter has always been our defense, and right now we are crusty old. We cant get pressure, have no safties, cant stop the run.. It's a complete mess, and I dont see this defense doing much for a couple more years.

Lets go get a franchise QB in this draft and let him grow with Caddy, Trueblood, Joseph etc. We could get a solid WR in Robert Meachem in rd 2 and let Russell throw to him. How many more balls we gonna get batted down by Simms and Bruce? Russell 6'5, can throw 70 yards with ease and toss it 50 yards with a flick of the wrist running sideways.

You all saw what 1 pick in Young did wiith the Titans didnt ya? We need a QB.. Lets quit goofing off with a bunch of avearge backups and go get ourselves a franchise QB in rd 1

Russell, if not.. Quinn. Both those guys are gonna be solid NFL QB's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

acacius

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 04, 2007, 11:56:56 AM

I wouldn't be thrilled with it as I'm not completely sold on him, but I wouldn't go ballistic either. 

We have too many QB's with potential.  Why should we add another one?

We don't have a qb on the roster with anywhere nears the potential of Quinn.  Yeah, he could be the next Rick Mirer.  But if the team believes he has it in him to be a true franchise quarterback (and they would have to if they were going to draft him), I couldn't fault them for it.  If we're being honest with ourselves, we really don't have one of those on the roster right now.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools