Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jimmy Johnson makes a great point about the game « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: February 03, 2007, 08:37:23 PM

"Everyone is saying how great the Colts looked against New England. But let me tell you that was a gassed team they were playing against in the second half. Fans don't know how hard it is for a football team to travel clear across country like the Patriots did the week before and play their hearts out against a very good San Diego team. It's hard on road teams to make it to the Super Bowl and there's no question that the Patriots ran out of gas in the second half in Indianapolis

In that game, Indianapolis was able to go at its own pace in the second half. The Colts could run the no-huddle and do whatever they wanted against the Patriots. The Patriots seemed to have no answer against Manning and his offense. You usually don't see that, a total lack of a defensive response, from a Bill Belichick team in such an important game. But his players were physically drained and had no more to give. They were on the field way too much in that second half.

That won't be the case in this game. The Bears are well rested. They've been at home the entire playoffs. The Bears can rush the quarterback, but against the Saints they decided to stop the run first. And they did an excellent job against the game's No. 1 offense. Once they took Deuce McAllister away, they attacked Drew Brees and forced him to rush his throws and also to throw consistently on the run."

This is the reason my money's on the Bears. I've never seen a team more worn out than the Pats were in that 2nd half, they could barely walk more or less defend Manning. EVERYONE is sleeping on the Bears and it reminds me of the National Championship game this year. In all my life of following sports when a team is this heavily favored win they end up laying turds. The Bears are foaming at the mouth to beatdown the Colts.

Usually if everyone predicts a great game one of the team's lays the smackdown. The bears are going to come out like freak'n animals. Just my opinion.

vipmark

Starter
#1 : February 03, 2007, 08:44:49 PM

and the Pats were hit hard by the flu

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 03, 2007, 09:40:00 PM

and the Pats were hit hard by the flu

That was unfortunate.   I saw Jimmy Connors play a tennis match one time when he supposedly had the flu.   He kicked ass the first 2 sets and barely lost the 3rd.   Then he lost the next 2 pretty badly.   Kind of reminds me of that Colts vs. Pats game.     

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#3 : February 04, 2007, 01:58:59 AM

I dont get why people want the bears to win, there fans are homos, there team is full of homos

bears=homos

the colts arent much better, but peyton deserves it way more than grossman, grossman is pathetic, he will be the reason the bears lose

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 04, 2007, 04:28:03 AM

Or maybe, they're fans are? Or, their going to win. Or, they're go the Bears?

Or, your homophobic?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 04, 2007, 07:55:44 AM

I dont get why people want the bears to win, there fans are homos, there team is full of homos

bears=homos

the colts arent much better, but peyton deserves it way more than grossman, grossman is pathetic, he will be the reason the bears lose

does your boyfriend know your an idiot?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 04, 2007, 08:28:34 AM

Peyton does not deserve to win.  Nobody DESERVES anything.  My money is on Grossman. 

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#7 : February 04, 2007, 08:44:06 AM

Lady is correct.. no one "deserves" to win, however I believe the Colts will win. I just don't see an answer to Dallas Clark on the Bears side of the ball. I am still baffled how any long time Bucs fan would root for the Bears, though.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : February 04, 2007, 10:04:55 AM

Briggs is a good answer to Clark on the Bears side, but I still don't see the Bear winning. The reason being is no Tommie Harris. That middle is very different without him and if that Colts interior handles the DTs during the game, then Manning is going to pick apart that defense. Chicago's safeties aren't very experienced and Harrison and Wayne are at an advantage over Tillman and Vasher. Like the Bucs of old, the pass rush is really what's making that Bears pass D very good but if Manning can step up in the middle, he'll be able to shred that D.

vipmark

Starter
#9 : February 04, 2007, 10:16:06 AM

It is true that (back in the day) Bear's fans were the most annoying...by far.

BucLord

Starter

#10 : February 04, 2007, 12:10:39 PM

Oh boo frekin hoo.. We had to travel 5 hours on a plane.. I'm so tired.. what a crock of sh*t

Wanna know why the Pats were gassed?, Because the Colts no huddled their asses in the end, they were gassed because the Colts made them tired.

Patriots are frauds, they ripped off the Raiders, clutched and grabbed the Colts ina playoff game which is where we got the new 5 yard rule which is really called the "Ty Law rule". They ripped off the Rams.. screw the Patriots

They were given 2 SB and only won 1 legit one

Want some cheese with taht whine Patriots?

The flu?  Everyone of 'em eh?  lmao

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

vipmark

Starter
#11 : February 04, 2007, 12:14:02 PM

well....the fact that the Pats are a bunch of wankers may have also played a part

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 04, 2007, 12:17:59 PM

given a SB? You have no clue what it takes to win a SB, it's never given to anyone. It's like the Gruden won with Dungy's team, it's such a disgrace for fans to think that way.

BucLord

Starter

#13 : February 04, 2007, 12:38:21 PM

given a SB? You have no clue what it takes to win a SB, it's never given to anyone.

1) Tuck Rule says otherwise, that was a fumble, every media outlet called foul on that rip off of the century
2) Same year, Pats we're not going to be denied.. go view the 2002 super bowl and come back here and tell me that game wasnt fixed
2) Ty Law Rule/Colts.. Theres another

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 04, 2007, 01:06:24 PM

1) Tuck Rule says otherwise, that was a fumble, every media outlet called foul on that rip off of the century - I didn't realize the Pats won the SB on that play. Even still they had to go beat the best show on turf......on turf.

2) Same year, Pats we're not going to be denied.. go view the 2002 super bowl and come back here and tell me that game wasnt fixedyou're a clown. I've seen the game and it wasn't fixed. The Pats followed the Bucs blueprint to defend the Rams. They played lights out that game, to say it was fized again discredits eveerything that team worked for that year. You're a clown bro, so was the ATL/NO game fixed this past year? Idiot.

2) Ty Law Rule/Colts.. Theres another what? you've offered nothing

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jimmy Johnson makes a great point about the game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools