Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

Booker

Hall of Famer

: May 06, 2009, 11:46:07 PM

Why shouldn't he be allowed back in the NFL? Because he blew his chance at his old job. He thought his dog fights and tax evasion was more imortant to him. If one of us were put away and came out who wants to bet we wouldn't get our old job back or even a lower position? He paid his so called dues but he doesn't deserve the trust of fans who pay his pay check or their money.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : May 04, 2009, 08:24:40 AM

I don't know if Dungy was appointed or took it on himself to assist Vick in his rehab and attempt at reinstatement. I really don't care. Last week Dungy made the statement that Vick had paid the price and deserved a second chance in the NFL. I disagree on both counts. Vick is a sadist who derived pleasure by inflicting pain. I'm sure he regrets getting caught, but I'm also sure he is still sadistic. He has forfeit any chance he had to play pro football in my book. I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal. I don't condone any of it but I can understand that it's a competition. There is no competition in torture for entertainment. It is simply evil and Tony Dungy is gullible and foolish if he believes Vick has any true remorse. I lost some respect for Dungy for defending this piece of human garbage.

I will forever root for the opponent of any franchise that stoops so low as to give this lowlife a job.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#2 : May 04, 2009, 08:29:50 AM

I don't know if Dungy was appointed or took it on himself to assist Vick in his rehab and attempt at reinstatement. I really don't care. Last week Dungy made the statement that Vick had paid the price and deserved a second chance in the NFL. I disagree on both counts. Vick is a sadist who derived pleasure by inflicting pain. I'm sure he regrets getting caught, but I'm also sure he is still sadistic. He has forfeit any chance he had to play pro football in my book. I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal. I don't condone any of it but I can understand that it's a competition. There is no competition in torture for entertainment. It is simply evil and Tony Dungy is gullible and foolish if he believes Vick has any true remorse. I lost some respect for Dungy for defending this piece of human garbage.

I will forever root for the opponent of any franchise that stoops so low as to give this lowlife a job.

To  play the advocate here...how do you know Vick has no remorse?? Do you know Dungy?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#3 : May 04, 2009, 08:36:57 AM

To  play the advocate here...how do you know Vick has no remorse?? Do you know Dungy?

Leopard.....spots. I know Tony Dungy like most fans do.

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#4 : May 04, 2009, 09:38:49 AM

Who are you?

Losing is not a option

CAROLINABUC

Starter

#5 : May 04, 2009, 09:39:48 AM

Who are You?

Losing is not a option

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : May 04, 2009, 09:43:32 AM

Who cares if you have lost respect for Dungy...I bet you that he still respects you though. Who is the better man then?

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#7 : May 04, 2009, 10:09:30 AM

Michael Vick:  I hate the things he did and very much dislike the man himself.  Think he is an arrogant ba$tard that thinks he can do anything he wants to without paying the price.

Yet, he has found out different sitting in jail over the last several years.

He paid his price to society by being in jail and loosing his freedom.  He served more time in prison then some people for rape etc. etc. to HUMAN beings.

IF he has followed all of the rules of his sentence and served his time I don't see any reason he should not be able to play football.

Prison sentences were meant for people to reflect on their actions, feel shame and to rehabilitate them while wiping their slate clean of their criminal past.   

Doesn't mean I like the man.  Doesn't mean I will root for him or the team he signs on with.  BUT he has a RIGHT to earn a living.

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#8 : May 04, 2009, 10:56:54 AM

Michael Vick: I hate the things he did and very much dislike the man himself. Think he is an arrogant ba$tard that thinks he can do anything he wants to without paying the price.

Yet, he has found out different sitting in jail over the last several years.

He paid his price to society by being in jail and loosing his freedom. He served more time in prison then some people for rape etc. etc. to HUMAN beings.

IF he has followed all of the rules of his sentence and served his time I don't see any reason he should not be able to play football.

Prison sentences were meant for people to reflect on their actions, feel shame and to rehabilitate them while wiping their slate clean of their criminal past.

Doesn't mean I like the man. Doesn't mean I will root for him or the team he signs on with. BUT he has a RIGHT to earn a living.

Well stated.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#9 : May 04, 2009, 11:00:33 AM

+2

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : May 04, 2009, 11:39:16 AM

Doesn't mean I like the man.  Doesn't mean I will root for him or the team he signs on with.  BUT he has a RIGHT to earn a living.

Commissioner Goodell is going to have something to say about the multiple times Vick lied to him before he went to prison, and Vick doesn't have a right to earn a living in the NFL.

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#11 : May 04, 2009, 12:04:02 PM

Commissioner Goodell is going to have something to say about the multiple times Vick lied to him before he went to prison, and Vick doesn't have a right to earn a living in the NFL.
Totally agree!

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#12 : May 04, 2009, 12:19:45 PM

Biggs makes an excellent point.

And I'd also like to add that Vick didn't just make a "mistake"...  Running an illegal (and inhumane) "business" for six years isn't a "mistake".  Its a lifestyle.

His 2 years was well deserved... even though some people claim others get lesser sentences for crimes against "people".  Take the dogs out of it and the fact is that Vick was running an illegal business across state lines for six years.  Ask the mob what kind of sentences come with racketeering. 

Personally, I'm hoping Goodell suspends him for 1 year.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#13 : May 04, 2009, 12:34:30 PM

"I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them"

Really? lmao

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#14 : May 04, 2009, 12:43:34 PM

I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them
It is known that some serial killers have actually fed and and provided clean clothes for their victims while they had them imprisoned. What is your take on that?

Your statement is befuddling at best.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools