Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#15 : May 04, 2009, 01:09:01 PM

Biggs makes an excellent point.

And I'd also like to add that Vick didn't just make a "mistake"...  Running an illegal (and inhumane) "business" for six years isn't a "mistake".  Its a lifestyle.

His 2 years was well deserved... even though some people claim others get lesser sentences for crimes against "people".  Take the dogs out of it and the fact is that Vick was running an illegal business across state lines for six years.  Ask the mob what kind of sentences come with racketeering.  

Personally, I'm hoping Goodell suspends him for 1 year.

I'd rather see him permanently banned.

I don't know if Dungy was appointed or took it on himself to assist Vick in his rehab and attempt at reinstatement. I really don't care. Last week Dungy made the statement that Vick had paid the price and deserved a second chance in the NFL. I disagree on both counts. Vick is a sadist who derived pleasure by inflicting pain. I'm sure he regrets getting caught, but I'm also sure he is still sadistic. He has forfeit any chance he had to play pro football in my book. I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal. I don't condone any of it but I can understand that it's a competition. There is no competition in torture for entertainment. It is simply evil and Tony Dungy is gullible and foolish if he believes Vick has any true remorse. I lost some respect for Dungy for defending this piece of human garbage.

I will forever root for the opponent of any franchise that stoops so low as to give this lowlife a job.

Who cares if you have lost respect for Dungy...I bet you that he still respects you though. Who is the better man then?

You're being ridiculous. It is not possible to respect or disrespect a person you don't even know exists. I don't strive for the approval of any man or fictitious heavenly being. I don't abuse my dogs and I know I am a better human being than Michael Vick and his brother.
I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them
It is known that some serial killers have actually fed and and provided clean clothes for their victims while they had them imprisoned. What is your take on that?

Your statement is befuddling at best.

People that own racehorses take care of them. It is not far-fetched that people would also take care of their fighting dogs as well. The Glazers make sure their players get the best medical treatment. It is in their best interests to do that.

As for Vick, I don't care that he gambled. I don't even care that he staged dog fights. He is not the only one that fights dogs. The fact that he enjoys torturing helpless animals makes him unfit to live in a free society, IMO.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : May 04, 2009, 01:16:12 PM

People that own racehorses take care of them. It is not far-fetched that people would also take care of their fighting dogs as well. The Glazers make sure their players get the best medical treatment. It is in their best interests to do that.

Now you're comparing running a dog fighting rink to owing a race horse and football team?  You obviously have no idea how the dogs are treated.

It's pretty easy to replace a pit bull when it's injured or dead, can the same be said of Thoroughbred horse or star football player?

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#17 : May 04, 2009, 01:23:03 PM

Everyone better duck, there's a lot of stones being cast.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : May 04, 2009, 01:34:52 PM

Now you're comparing running a dog fighting rink to owing a race horse and football team?  You obviously have no idea how the dogs are treated.

It's pretty easy to replace a pit bull when it's injured or dead, can the same be said of Thoroughbred horse or star football player?

The comparison is that they are all involved in competitions. Most dog owners are in it for the competition of the fights. Very few get their jollies by torturing wounded animals. I would imagine also that good fighters are not that easy to find. My experience with dog fights is limited to those I have witnessed at a local dog park. Pit bulls are hardly the only breed with a disposition for it.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#19 : May 04, 2009, 01:40:46 PM

The comparison is that they are all involved in competitions. Most dog owners are in it for the competition of the fights. Very few get their jollies by torturing wounded animals. I would imagine also that good fighters are not that easy to find. My experience with dog fights is limited to those I have witnessed at a local dog park.

I bet your eyes would be opened if you saw the ESPN piece on Vick's set-up, or a documentary on any other dog fighting rink.

Thoroughbred Horses and Football players are treated like kings, 99% of dog's in that environment are not.

Pit bulls are hardly the only breed with a disposition for it.

Even more to the point that the dogs are VERY easy to replace, unlike a football player or race horse.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#20 : May 04, 2009, 02:20:20 PM

Very few get their jollies by torturing wounded animals.

Doesn't the "winning" dog torture the "losing" dog?  Often until death?

The whole premise around dog fighting is watching one dog kill another.  That's not cruel?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : May 06, 2009, 11:33:44 PM

For sure is right...and if any of us were in his shoes as a star QB, making millions upon millions, we would certainly not be involved in federal crimes, state crimes, and crimes upon nature.

As i stated previously, its the $$ that folks have a problem with. Should we "Hate" on the guy because he has the ability to makes millions and we don't?
Who, SPECIFICALLY, is hating on him?  And furthermore, who specifically doesn't have a right to at least express displeasure at a guy who is a liar, a guy who brutally kills dogs, who wastes money on endeavours, when clearly he could be giving it to worthwhile causes?  A guy who is NOT broke, but even if he had 300 thou in his account, would not be HURTING for money at all?

He lost his right to make money, it has nothing to do with anything more than the guy is a man who is so dumb as to piss it all away?  What do you think would happen if he got caught?  There are differing punishments for differing people.  Surely you know this by now...

I could care less if the guy makes twenty million a second.  How does this affect me or you, or any of the posters on this board?

Quote the entire thing, because the guy is a dumbarse, and he deserves, and don;t get it twisted, HE DESERVES what he got.  He planted the dumb seed, and he gets the dumb fruit.

there are stupid people all over the world.  What if Madoff serves 20 years, and they release him for some unforseeable reason?  Would he have done his time, and learned his lesson?

Who cares.

Vick is a turd, does not need any more money than what he has.  He could have had more.  He is so stupid, he pissed it away.  He is no role model, he is a detriment to role models.

He may have learned his lessons, but I think he is a weasel.  He is trying to claim bankrupt, but the government says hell naw.  Why?

People do not hate him for his money, they hate him because he blew an opportunity to entertain us, because he KILLS animals for fun.

That is why they hate him.

#22 : May 04, 2009, 06:37:47 PM

I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal.

oh really?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#23 : May 04, 2009, 06:56:28 PM

The whole premise around dog fighting is watching one dog kill another.  That's not cruel?

Yes it is. The difference is the dog starts out with a fighting chance. Electrocution, drowning, etc, gives a dog no chance at all.
I believe that most people who fight dogs actually take care of them, and when a dog has to be put down, they do it without inflicting further pain to the animal.

oh really?

Yes, really.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : May 04, 2009, 07:06:22 PM

Yes it is. The difference is the dog starts out with a fighting chance. Electrocution, drowning, etc, gives a dog no chance at all.

oh really?

Yes, really.

So Sparky - you are contending folks that have dogs they train to fight, and then have organized dog fights actually take care of them-  and put them down without inflicting further pain... I will confess to not having knowledge of the handling, treatment and final moments of the losing dog's life - but that simply doesn't fit any reasonable explanation I can accept. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#25 : May 04, 2009, 09:00:42 PM

Doesn't the "winning" dog torture the "losing" dog? Often until death?

The whole premise around dog fighting is watching one dog kill another. That's not cruel?

oh really?

Yes, really.

Dude, you really have no idea. I used to work with a guy that is heavily involved in the breeding/fighting of dogs. Judging by your posts, I think you'd be shocked at whats involved in "training" them.

An example, one day at work, he asked me to cover for him while he went home to take his dog off of the treadmill. I asked what he was talkin about, he said he had the dog running on the treadmill since he'd left home.... which was about 4 hours earlier. I saw one of these modified treadmills on TV when Vick's house was raided.

They inject them with steroids... among other things including cocaine.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : May 04, 2009, 09:15:42 PM

Judging by your posts, I think you'd be shocked at whats involved in "training" them.

No doubt. 

Complete ignorance in the comparison to Race Horses and Football players.

#27 : May 06, 2009, 11:25:00 PM

For sure is right...and if any of us were in his shoes as a star QB, making millions upon millions, we would certainly not be involved in federal crimes, state crimes, and crimes upon nature.

As i stated previously, its the $$ that folks have a problem with. Should we "Hate" on the guy because he has the ability to makes millions and we don't?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 04, 2009, 09:54:22 PM

Vick has paid his price for what happened and hopefully has learned his lesson; and I think he's more guilty of allowing his ghetto thug family members & friends to use his money and his various properties for all kinds of illegal activity, than he is for being some horrible animal abuser. Hopefully he SEPERATES himself from all that and begins a new chapter in his life.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#29 : May 05, 2009, 05:55:59 AM

Vick has paid his price for what happened and hopefully has learned his lesson; and I think he's more guilty of allowing his ghetto thug family members & friends to use his money and his various properties for all kinds of illegal activity, than he is for being some horrible animal abuser. Hopefully he SEPERATES himself from all that and begins a new chapter in his life.

Witnesses stated that Vick actually took part in the torture of the dogs. Nobody does that unless they enjoy it. That is just sick, and he does not deserve to just pick up his life where he left off. He should be banned from the NFL for life. As I said earlier, the torture element is the only thing I have a problem with. If it was my call, he would rot away his life in a state prison in general population.

As for how others treat their fighting dogs, I am giving people the benefit of the doubt in believing that torturing the dogs is not a priority.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tony Dungy and Michael Vick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools